Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Are Minutemen heroes or vigilantes

Heroes: they have raised awareness of a dangerous problem.
    44%

Vigilantes: Someone is going to get hurt.
    37%

Don’t know, but something needs to be done.
    19%

http://www.legion.org/?content=polllist&dispid=137

I voted heroes, go figure.

Heros Heros Heros.
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

45%

36%

18%
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Heroes!!

Heroes up to 46%

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Still 48% Wed morning.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Heroes!

Are the 400 Volunteers of "Minuitemen" patrolling the Arizona border heroes or vigilantes?

48%

34%

17%
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

49%

34%

17%

More Polls

I guess the 34% who say someone will get hurt as a result of the MinuteMen doing the job our government won't do don't bother to read the news. There has not been one violent incident perpetrated by the Minutemen that I know of to date. Anyone else?

Are the 400 volunteers of the "Minuteman” patrolling the Arizona border heroes or vigilantes?
    tally: 50% 50%
    tally: 33% 33%
    tally: 17% 17%
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I guess the 34% who say someone will get hurt as a result of the MinuteMen doing the job our government won't do don't bother to read the news. There has not been one violent incident perpetrated by the Minutemen that I know of to date. Anyone else?
    Not only that, the minimal risk that "somebody" will be hurt at the border should be weighed against the certainty that thousands, if not millions, of somebodies have been hurt, are being hurt, and will continue to be hurt by those who are allowed to cross that border illegally. And, "hurt" in the latter example includes the near maximum hurt of being dead, by the way.

I would think an organization such as the American Legion would know the difference between a vigilante group and a border watch (i.e. neighborhood watch style group) and not be a party to perpetuating the "vigilante" lie. It seems a little disheartening that 34% of the members of a group that promotes "Americanism" and presumably sacrificed for their country don't appreciate the efforts of another group doing the same. I'm sure most of those Minutemen aren't sitting around the border because they enjoy it or get a thrill out of it; but, rather they see a job that needs done that isn't getting done and are making personal sacrifices to get it done.

Why don't they have polls asking if the thousands of people paying coyotes 2 grand at a pop to smuggle them across the border then leave them somewhere to die are smart ot stupid. Or if the coyotes are endangering the lives of their victims? Or how about asking if these "caring" mothers who entrust their kids to human smugglers are good parents? It makes about as much sense as asking if the Minutemen are good guys or not.

I keep revisiting this post and editing it more because the more I think about it, the madder it makes me that they hold up the people who whine that their kids got killed on the way, or that their family disappered as though we are supposed to feel sorry for them for breaking the laws and encouraging their family members to break the law. How warped is this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast