Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

New Florida Rasmussen Poll

Chug-a-chug-a-chug! Choo Choo!

[quote]
    http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... an_primary

Election 2008: Florida Republican Primary
    Florida: Romney 27% McCain 23%
    Thursday, January 24, 2008
    Advertisment

On the eve of a Republican Presidential Debate in Boca Raton, the latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey found that 36% of Florida’s Republican Primary Voters could still change their mind before voting. That figure includes 4% who haven’t yet settled on a candidate and 9% who say there’s a good chance they could change their mind.

That’s more than enough uncommitted voters to determine what has become a very close race and it certainly raises the stakes in tonight’s debate.

The Rasmussen Reports telephone survey finds Mitt Romney with 27% of the vote, John McCain with 23%, and Rudy Giuliani picking up support from 20%. Nineteen percent (19%) of those surveyed have already cast their ballots.

Romney has picked up two points since the previous Rasmussen Reports poll conducted on Sunday night. McCain has gained three points and Giuliani just one. In between the two polls, former Tennessee Senator Fred Thompson dropped out of the race leaving the major candidates scrambling for his support.

Mike Huckabee has slipped to 15%, Ron Paul earns 4% of the vote, and 6% have either voted for some other candidate or will do so. Nationally, in the Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll, McCain, Romney, and Huckabee are on top.

In Florida, 67% of Giuliani’s supporters are certain they will vote for him. Sixty-five percent (65%) of Romney’s voters are that “certainâ€

The Rasmussen Reports telephone survey finds Mitt Romney with 27% of the vote, John McCain with 23%, and Rudy Giuliani picking up support from 20%. Nineteen percent (19%) of those surveyed have already cast their ballots.
    This new poll is as good as an exit poll because 19% of respondents have already voted. A Florida win might just give Romney enough momentum to slay Rudy/Huck/McCain on Super Tuesday.

*warning personal opinion*

I think Romney will change his IA position if he gets the nomination in an effort to appeal to more people in the general election.

I think if he is president he will allow some compromise that allows IA to stay here legally.

He only ordered the state troopers to start enforcing immigration laws 1 month before he left office, though it was on the table a year before that. He did it knowing he was going to run for president and knowing his sucessor (who was decided at that point) would recind that order. And he did.

No effect came of Romney's order because there was no time (6 weeks it was in effect) to train the officers.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthwii

I think Romney will change his IA position if he gets the nomination in an effort to appeal to more people in the general election.

I think if he is president he will allow some compromise that allows IA to stay here legally.

He only ordered the state troopers to start enforcing immigration laws 1 month before he left office, though it was on the table a year before that. He did it knowing he was going to run for president and knowing his sucessor (who was decided at that point) would recind that order. And he did.

No effect came of Romney's order because there was no time (6 weeks it was in effect) to train the officers.
    But he did sign it

It is not his fault that the symp that took over the state killed it

Banned

I just want to clarify what your say so I fully understand

Are you saying people should not vote for Romney?
    If that is the case who should they vote for?

The number 1 , 2 and 3 spots in Florida are held by

Romeny , McCain and Rudi

Which one should they vote for?

I have this feeling that I can't put a finger on that tells me Romney is another Bush...just smarter and more charismatic! I don't trust him! I could be wrong, but when his campaign began I was refering to him as "Flip-flop" Romney. He seemed uninformed in he first debate he took part in. He has at this point "honed" his platform to give the impression that his "handlers" think he needs to reflect.
    Never give up! Never surrender! Never compromise your values!*
    __________________________________________________ __

NO MORE ROTHSCHILD STOOGES IN PUBLIC OFFICE!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MSNBC just flashed a poll that had Romney in first place at 30% with McCain at 27%. I didn't catch the % for Guiliani and Huckabee, and I'm not sure if it was an MSNBC poll or another. It was off the screen pretty quickly.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Saki
    MSNBC just flashed a poll that had Romney in first place at 30% with McCain at 27%. I didn't catch the % for Guiliani and Huckabee, and I'm not sure if it was an MSNBC poll or another. It was off the screen pretty quickly.
    McCain will not have the indies help in this primary so he could
    very well lose , by a bunch

We have not forgotten McAmnesty

Quote Originally Posted by usanevada

I just want to clarify what your say so I fully understand

Are you saying people should not vote for Romney?
    If that is the case who should they vote for?

The number 1 , 2 and 3 spots in Florida are held by

Romeny , McCain and Rudi

Which one should they vote for?
    I'm saying that Romney signed the state trooper 287g bill when he did knowing it would have no actual effect because he knew it would be rescinded.

Come to your own conclusion as to why someone would sign a bill they knew would have no effect.

Also keep in mind if he had signed it a year earlier it would have had an effect, but he chose not to push it forward.

Out of options

Quote Originally Posted by avenger
    I have this feeling that I can't put a finger on that tells me Romney is another Bush...just smarter and more charismatic! I don't trust him! I could be wrong, but when his campaign began I was refering to him as "Flip-flop" Romney. He seemed uninformed in he first debate he took part in. He has at this point "honed" his platform to give the impression that his "handlers" think he needs to reflect.
    He may be, but he'll have to do. I'm all out of options.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast