Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

new poll re FREEDOM OF SPEECH

Folks, read the story...it's off topic so I didn't post, but IMO, this situation affects every American. Basically, media which had been INVITED into a trailer in a FEMA trailer park was ordered off by a security guard. FEMA said it's policy that if media has an interview, that a FEMA REP. must sit in the whole time. So WHAT freedom of speech?

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/polls/

Katrina victims?
    It's a good policy to protect residents from the media
    If they didn't have this policy, people would complain about media harassment
    It's good for one reason, and one reason only: Geraldo!
    They should compromise: Residents who invite media should notify feds, but no one monitors interview
    While FEMA has a responsibility to protect residents, the current policy goes overboard
    It looks like the First Amendment was blown away by Hurricane Katrina
    It's absurd! What federal numbskull came up with this gem?
    I cannot begin to tell you how outraged I am the U.S. government has this idiotic policy
    This is Big Brother at its height! Tell Bush to stop this nonsense today!
    Other

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think of FEMA rules preventing reporters from freely talking to Katrina victims?
    This is Big Brother at its height! Tell Bush to stop this nonsense today! 28.79% (475)

It's absurd! What federal numbskull came up with this gem? 21.82% (360)

It looks like the First Amendment was blown away by Hurricane Katrina 14.12% (233)

I cannot begin to tell you how outraged I am the U.S. government has this idiotic policy 12.12% (200)

While FEMA has a responsibility to protect residents, the current policy goes overboard 5.88% (97)

It's good for one reason, and one reason only: Geraldo! 4.67% (77)

If they didn't have this policy, people would complain about media harassment 4.12% (6

It's a good policy to protect residents from the media 3.76% (62)

Other 3.27% (54)

They should compromise: Residents who invite media should notify feds, but no one monitors interview 1.45% (24)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TOTAL VOTES: 1650
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

FEMA said it's policy that if media has an interview, that a FEMA REP. must sit in the whole time. So WHAT freedom of speech?
    REPEAL THE PATRIOT ACT! Yes I am serious.
    "Liberty CANNOT be preserved without general knowledge among people" John Adams (August 1765)