Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

You can vote for more than one?? Whoa!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

voted

voted

Voted
    Member of New York*Chapter of Veterans of Foreign Wars.
    Member of*10th Mountain Division Assco.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    These polls drive me crazy. I studied polling in college so I know how they are supposed to be designed.

Most of these media polls seem to be written by college interns with no background in polling.

Thanks all for participating!!!
    As I'm sure you know, if you take a statistics class, you'll realize these types of polls are a joke and should NEVER be taken seriously as reflecting a truly accurate result of the opinions of the populace as a whole. . . but they are fun.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Voted

Percentage of 21341 Votes

Tighten border security. 3862 18%

Deport everyone who lives and works in the country illegally. 9777 46%

Toughen penalties for employers who hire undocumented workers. 3049 14%

Offer a program for willing workers and employers. 4653 22%

Welcome CivilainAgain & txsawb
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Voted.

When I go to these sites to vote I also look for contact info. Heck, since I'm already there, yah' know.

I write a brief note about why I am sending my warning message about illegals. I then tell of one aspect of the horrors caused by too many illegal males... the lust for young girls. I tell the recipient how this lust is common knowledge for those of us who were exposed to the invaders for decades. Then I send my favorite news story (included at bottom).

I ask the reader(s) to note the attitude of the pro-illegal folks, how they place ethnicity before nationalism or obeying the law or protecting YOUNG kids. I also mention how illegals commit these crimes far out of proportion to their numbers, how it is apparently part of their culture.

I don't bother mailing sites originating in areas with a large population of illegals since they surely are already aware of the problem. But, areas new to the invasion or who haven't experienced it yet, I like to warn them of what is going on in places illegals settle.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mass INS Arrests Upset Farm Town Immigrants sent home on charges of harassment

Larry D. Hatfield, Chronicle Staff Writer Tuesday, April 10, 2001 ©2001 San Francisco Chronicle

Greenfield, a normally placid Monterey County farm town that bills itself as the world's broccoli capital, is currently the center of an ugly controversy involving alleged sexual mistreatment of children and ethnic harassment of immigrants.

"We may have averted a tragedy, and certainly ended a public nuisance," said acting regional director Dave Still of the San Francisco office of the Immigration and Naturalization Service.

"They go after everybody because they look alike, they're all brown-skinned, " said Tony Acosta, a leader of the Central Coast Citizenship Project.

Both men were talking about the arrest of 39 Mexican immigrants -- Still says they were here illegally, Acosta says that is not certain -- on the streets of Greenfield last week.

After an undercover operation begun several weeks ago, INS agents arrested 21 men outside a downtown pool hall on Friday afternoon, and 18 more in a nearby apartment building.

The first group of men, according to the INS, were "observed harassing, touching and shouting lewd remarks at schoolgirls just out of class" at four nearby schools -- Greenfield and Oak Avenue elementary schools, Vista Verde Middle School and Greenfield High School.

The second group was arrested after a complaint was registered by a Greenfield schoolgirl, said INS spokeswoman Sharon Rummery. She said the alleged incidents were observed over several weeks.

The girls involved were between 5 and 18, Rummery said. The men arrested were aged 17 to 55.

The men were taken in buses to the Mexican border immediately after the arrests. An undetermined number of wives and children were given the option of going with them, but Rummery said they declined. They are likely to go before immigration judges to determine their residential status, she said.

Acosta, whose group is one of the leading immigrant advocacy organizations in the Salinas Valley, accused the INS of making indiscriminate arrests.

"They arrested one of the groups at one of the businesses on the main street, then went into the apartment complex," he said. "There was no knocking.

They just pushed the doors down and took all the men and left the women and children. They arrested everybody without asking for documents."

Rummery said the INS agents knew who they were after and that the arrests were based on nine complaints, from school crossing guards, the Monterey County sheriff's office and others. The first complaint was several weeks ago from a DARE program narcotics officer from the sheriff's office.

The arrests were part of the INS' "Salinas Project," a program set up in the heavily Hispanic area in September, when the last remaining Border Patrol officers were pulled from Salinas and reassigned to the border. "People in the area were concerned and nervous there would be no INS presence," Rummery said.

When the sexual harassment allegations began, the three officers assigned to the project set up an undercover program.

"The sorts of things we observed happening over several weeks are not violations of immigration laws," she said. "But we're there to support local law enforcement, and we saw a potential danger to young girls and acted on it."

Greenfield police were not available today to say why no local criminal charges were filed.

City Manager Randy Anstine said he did not know why the arrests were a purely INS action. "The city of Greenfield cooperates with any and all law enforcement agencies, whether federal, state or county," he said, noting that local authorities were not told of the action until shortly before the arrests.

"But we certainly don't tell anyone how to do their job."

One official suggested off the record that because of manpower and fiscal considerations, Greenfield let the INS handle the matter by simply removing the alleged perpetrators, rather than prosecuting them.

The arrests, already the subject of an angry community meeting last night, will be on the city council's agenda next Tuesday evening. Acosta said he expects many people unhappy with the outcome to show up. Greenfield's population of 12,583 is 85.4 percent Hispanic.

"We'd like to find out what really happened," Acosta said.

He was skeptical of the accounts that the men harassed schoolgirls.

"The INS is in Salinas to arrest criminals, and that's OK," he said. "But these guys were coming for work. They leave at 4 and 5 in the morning and come back at 4 or 5 in the afternoon, so how can they harass schoolchildren? They came here to work. We'd like an explanation from the INS."

The Mexican government is apparently also concerned. Hugo Juarez, the Mexican consul in San Jose, was in Greenfield today taking statements from residents. He was not available for comment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12