Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Poll: English Language

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

working4change

Poll: English Language

Should making English the principal language be a condition of Puerto Rico becoming a U.S. state?
    Yes 50.84%

No 49.16%

News | Fox News Latino

Poll found lower RHS of page

Yes 51.64% No 48.36%
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail
    Yes
    55.21%

No
    44.79%

So, would this mean statehood for California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas would be rescinded until they require speaking English for citizenship or make English the primary language?
    You're in America.
    Now, speak English!
    I used to think it should say, "You're in America. Now, speak American!" But, whatever.
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!

Yes 61.19%

No 38.81%

With the exceptions of the indigenous peoples originally found in the 50 States of America pre-1492 being allowed to continue to function in their languages (and their numbers are tiny)-I feel if you are not one of these then you should be required to learn and speak English in public if you plan on making the U.S. your home.

I believe with my heart and soul anyone who wants to make America their home should do so legally and learn English. I know to become an American citizen is not easy but for those who are now proud citizens feel the effort was worth it If illegal immigrants who feel learning English is showing disrespect to their country need to return to that country. I am a proud American of Greek decent. I was born in America and my race is not white and I am not a Caucasian. I have never had the chance to visit Caucasus nor am I of Caucasus decent. I encourage everyone educate yourself about the Caucasus people. I think you will find it to be very interesting.

Becoming an American goes beyond just learning English. I believe you still need to live in America for five years and learn such documents as the Bill of Rights and the Constitution. I was lucky to be born here but ashamed I don't have the knowledge that every new proud citizen of this country possesses. They feel everything they did to become a citizen was worth it and has been done without purpose of evasion. That is a snippet of the oath they took on the day they became citizens, proud citizens.

April
    Governor Martinez Bashing Enforcement take action here:

http://www.alipac.us/f8/warning-nm-g...2/#post1280329

I learned this week, that they get FREE ESL classes for adults....they take them to get better jobs....You and I...the tax payers....pay for their classes!