[Watch] Ambassador John Bolton – Children Should Not Be In Charge of Foreign Policy

Posted on Saturday, June 7th, 2014 at 3:48 am.
by: Rick Wells

Stuart Varney’s interview with former UN Ambassador John Bolton starts off with a review of comments made by State Department Spokeswoman Marie Harf on June 3rd. Some of her comments, as well as those of others she attempts to defend seem to be, as Varney later describes them, double talk.
Ambassador Bolton begins his remarks saying, “Let me be clear, I think children are wonderful, I just don’t think they should be in charge of foreign policy.”
Varney cuts him off saying, “That’s strong stuff, that is very strong stuff.” Bolton replies that it’s not as strong as he might say off camera.
Ambassador Bolton describes the partisan nature of the State Department spokespeople under John Kerry as being the worst he’s experienced in his years in government, stretching all the way back to the Reagan administration.
He describes the YouTube video of Marie Harf “basically saying the soldiers who fought with Bergdahl in Afghanistan don’t know what they’re talking about when they say he left his post and deserted and she said actually Bergdahl knows best what happened that night.”

Bolton continued, saying, “It’s humorous in a sense because it’s so inane, but I think it’s going to be increasingly serious because it’s part of what seems to be an Obama White House campaign to impugn the soldiers who are trying to explain what happened when Bergdahl walked off the base.”
The video closes with Bolton saying, “If the prison guards at Guantanamo had let these guys walk out the front gate they’d be court-martialed for incompetence and yet that is what our president did. He gave away five killers and essentially got Bergdahl back in return. It’s not a good trade.”

http://www.conservativeinfidel.com/o...oreign-policy/