Like Tree2Likes

Thread: “Radical Muslim” Wanted in Execution-Style Murder of Retired Police Officer

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

“Radical Muslim” Wanted in Execution-Style Murder of Retired Police Officer

“Radical Muslim” Wanted in Execution-Style Murder of Retired Police Officer

By
    S. Noble -

February 1, 2017

A “radical Muslim” has been arrested on suspicion of the “execution style” shooting of a former cop and Pastor in Colorado. The Denver Police Department is accusing 37-year-old Joshua Cummings of killing Scott Von Lanken, 56. Von Lanken is a former Wisconsin cop who was working as a security guard.

Von Lanken was helping two women with directions when he was allegedly ambushed by the suspect.

One witness heard the suspect say “something to the effect of ‘Do what you are told…’” before the shots rang out. That witness added that the suspect had a “swollen face and different/weird-looking eyes.”

In announcing Cummings’ arrest, a police spokesman pointed out that Von Lanken’s security uniform is very similar to Denver PD uniforms.

Joshua CummingsA source within law enforcement told Fox Denver that Cummings is being investigated as a “radical Muslim.” The station reports that officers found “jihadist materials” in Cummings’ backpack.

One of the suspect’s friends told NBC Denver that Cummings had “always been anti-cop.” That friend added that Cummings “held guns to people’s heads before. It didn’t surprise me he finally lost it.”

Cummings posted the tweet below in November, but in September 2015, Cummings wrote on Twitter, “We live in dangerous times, my friends. Thank you to all those who serve. #military #cops #police #deputysheriff.”

Follow

Joshua Cummings @Bjj_Joshua

What makes you a cop? Not your badge, not your uniform, not your paycheck from the government, and it's not your... http://fb.me/4uDFR3Sre
    10:24 AM - 13 Nov 2015

The murdered retired officer was struggling to find work as a pastor. When his wife was contacted, she had 40 cents on her and no groceries.

Cummings was arrested shortly after the murder without incident.

Cummings had been thrown out of a mosque in Texas, reports NBC Denver’s Kevin Vaughan.

Source: Heavy
    http://www.independentsentinel.com/r...olice-officer/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Sources describe suspect in shooting death of RTD officer as ‘radical Muslim’

POSTED 4:35 AM, FEBRUARY 1, 2017,
    BY WEB STAFF, UPDATED AT 06:46PM, FEBRUARY 1, 2017

DENVER -- The man suspected of shooting and killing a uniformed RTD contract security officer in Lower Downtown late Tuesday night has been described as a "radical Muslim," law enforcement sources told FOX31 Denver.

The suspect was identified as 37-year-old Joshua Cummings.

Two sources told FOX31 Denver that investigators found jihadist materials in Cummings' backpack and those materials are now being investigated.

Scott Von Lanken, 56, was shot and killed, the Denver Office of the Medical Examiner confirmed.

The shooting happened about 11 p.m. at 16th and Wynkoop streets on Union Station Plaza, one block from Union Station, police said.

"This is an incredibly sad day for us, and on behalf of the entire RTD family I extend my prayers and express my sincere condolences to the officer’s family, friends and loved ones," RTD general manager and CEO Dave Genova said in a statement.

Police said at a news conference Wednesday morning that two women were asking the armed security officer about light rail routes when a man approached from behind, pointed a gun at the officer's neck and fired.
    Cummings was found hiding in the 1600 block of 14th Street about 20 minutes later and was arrested without incident, police said. A gun was also recovered.

The shooting is being investigated as a homicide and police are looking into whether it had to do with the victim wearing a uniform.

"It's really disheartening when anyone loses their life, but especially when we have someone out there providing safety to the community at large," police chief Robert White said.

Police said Cummings lives in the area and police have not had contact with him. He had an out-of-state misdemeanor arrest more than five years ago. White said the motivation for the shooting is not known.
    Lanken was employed by Allied Universal, which provides security services under contract for RTD.

"Our entire team is deeply saddened by this loss," RTD assistant general manager of safety and security Mike Meader said. "RTD and Allied Universal have been in contact with the officer’s family and will continue to offer our support during this sad time."

Wynkoop was closed between 15th and 17th streets on Wednesday morning as police investigated the shooting. It reopened about 5:50 a.m.

Officers later set up a makeshift memorial at the scene with flowers and signs for the man. One sign said, "Prayers from the downtown motorcycle unit."

Follow

Amanda Zitzman @AmandaZitzman

"Prayers from the downtown motorcycle unit." - Denver police officers create memorial for man who died in overnight shooting on 16th St.
    9:38 AM - 1 Feb 2017

RTD has 250 uniformed Allied Barton security officers who patrol 24 hours a day, and about 265 contracted extra-duty police officers from Lakewood, Aurora and Denver. There are also eight internal transit police officers.
    A memorial fund to help support Scott Van Lanken's wife and two children has been established through the Rocky Mountain Law Enforcement Credit Union. It's under Scott Van Lanken's name. You can get the credit union's contact information on its website or by calling 303-458-6660.

http://kdvr.com/2017/02/01/man-fatal...wntown-denver/

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

VIDEO REPORT AT LINK.

Wife of RTD guard Scott Von Lanken says he'd want family to forgive shooter

Erin Powell, KUSA 12:01 AM. MST
    February 02, 2017

DENVER - Scott Von Lanken was a protector of people, as a pastor in various churches, as a police officer, as a husband and father, and as an RTD security officer in Denver.
    No one knows all of that better than his wife, Shellie.

“He just had such a passion to reach out to people in this area and see their lives change,” she says, remembering the husband she lost less than 24 hours before.

Von Lanken was shot dead while on duty as an RTD guard on Tuesday. According to an affidavit, two women approached Von Lanken just after 11 p.m. to ask him whether they might be able to catch a light rail train. Just then, one of the women told police “she observed the suspect approach the victim from behind a place a gun near his neck.” The woman said “she heard the suspect say something to the effect of, ‘Do what you are told.’”

A moment later, the gunman fired.

RELATED: Suspect in downtown shooting was kicked out of Texas mosque
    RELATED: DPD: Attack on RTD security guard was 'completely unprovoked'

Scott and Shellie, who lived in Loveland, had been married for 35 years. Scott worked at least 65 hours a week to support her, and their 32-year-old twin daughters, one of whom is disabled.

“It was unbelievable that any human being could even work what he was working,” Shellie said, calling his stress tremendous. “He just worked his heart out. He would tell me, ‘If I could keep working, I would get another job just so I could provide for my family.’”

Scott was a police officer in La Crosse, Wis. when Shellie met him. He eventually felt a call to become a pastor, and he ministered in Arizona, Ohio and Colorado over a 26-year-period. He just recently took a break from his work as a pastor to spend more time at RTD, and earn money for his family.

Scott Von Lanken

“He always had a connection with being a police officer and pastor because he had such a heart to help people. When he was a pastor he would help people, but he felt like when he was a police officer, or security officer, he always felt like he could really help people,” Shellie said.

She describes her husband as a man who was loved by everyone, and a man who loved God “more than life itself.”

“I know very well, my husband, if he was here right now, he would tell us, and tell his daughters to forgive this man,” she said. “ I would like to know why (the shooter) would take somebody who is so loved and so needed in the family. I would like to know why he would do this. And if you could understand the pain that he caused, how somebody’s life could just be changed overnight—Never take for granted, never, the people you love because you don’t know if you’re going to see them tomorrow."

If you’re interested in helping the family, a Scott Von Lanken Memorial Fund has been set up through the Rocky Mountain Law Enforcement Credit Union. The number there is 303-458-6660.

http://www.9news.com/news/local/next...oter/395534793