Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

2008 Third Party Candidate Vote Results from Time

Below are 2008 Presidential Vote results for three Third Party Candidates as reported by "Time", November 17, 2008, print edition, p. 41:

"Others receiving votes:

Ralph Nader (I)
    642,154 votes

Bob Barr (L)
    480,815 votes

Chuck Baldwin (I)
    172,056 votes"
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Wow. Those are all low numbers considering the choices. I am guessing ALOT people just didnt vote at all, and thats why Obama won.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I wish that we could find out how many people wrote-in Ron Paul's name. It doesn't mean much, but would be an interesting statistic. Many of those voting for Baldwin and Barr would've voted for Ron Paul if Ron Paul had kept his campaign going as an independent, plus a few Obama and McCain voters as well.

Ostrich

It doesn't look like much but Chuck Baldwin did pretty good for someone un heard of.

The good thing is, 12 out of 16 of the people I talked to about Chuck Baldwin was sick of the two candidates and wanted more conservative choices, evidently they didn't want other conservative choices enough to find Chuck baldwin on they're own as they said they had never heard of Mr. Baldwin but after a talk they seemed interested.

I did talk to 2 Obama supporters (26 & 27 y.o) and 2 hard core McCain supporters (22 & 40 y.o) and 12 none of the above supporters that were voting for McCain because they didn't like Obama (32 to 72 y.o). None of which had heard of Chuck Baldwin until I brought him up. 10 out of the 16 had never even heard of the Constitution Party and the 4 that did didn't know exactly what the Consitution Party was. We've been in a two party system so long anything else sounds foriegn and awkward, we have to change this.

The 2 Obama supporters, 1 didn't really know what Ron Paul was about and the other liked Ron Paul, but Ron Paul was out of the race so they went with Obama.

The 2 hardcore Rupublicans, 1 was so hardcore all he wanted was a republican win, period. The other had been totally sold on McCain which suprised me with him being really conservative.

The 12 None of the above McCain voters. All liked Ron Paul but after it was too late, they thought he was a bit kooky at first as the way the MSM presented him. Afterwards they thought Ron Paul had the best ideas of righting the country. All 12 were conservative republicans before the election and were pessamistic about John McCain from the time McCain appeared to be the nominee. All voted for the lesser of two evils which in they're eyes was John McCain, most cited what they liked about Mccain the most was no tax increase on those making over $250K, 5 voters wanted to stay in Iraq, but the other 7 wanted out. None of the 12 liked either Obama's or McCains healthcare plan. All 12 wanted illegal immigration laws enforced. All 12 wanted to drill for oil. All 12 wanted less government. All 12 wanted abortion banned. All 12 wanted affirmative action stopped. All 12 did not believe in global warming. Incomes of the 12 were $28K to $1.6Mil. Ages 32 to 72. I didn't include races or genders in this information as I for one am tired of American citizens being devided into little groups, we are all Americans. The final tally did include blacks, native Americans, women & men.

This is what kind of people we have voting, people that claim to want one thing but yet put no effort what so ever into researching for themselves or they simply believe that if something is presented in the MSM then it must be true, and therefore the reason why the independent candidates didn't recieve air time is because they were not viable candidates.

The bottom line is, people believe the MSM propoganda and without equal air time it is going to be a tough go to get an independent elected.
    I also noticed when discussing Ron Paul and Chuck Baldwin, the people always came back to the MSM talking points, that is what they saw on TV, it must be true and thats what they remembered, that is how important the MSM media is. Hopefully by 2012 internet TV will be in full mode and these candidates will have they're own internet TV station for people to gather information.

Most of these people I talked to were 30 to 65 years old and admitted the country was screwed up with all these problems we have, but yet no interest in finding out anything other then what they have been told by the MSM. Even my mother who has a great computer that I bought her and high speed internet still watches and believes everything the MSM puts out, even though I've told her she'll get more honest news here in a day than she gets on the MSM all month.

We need to tell the people, the good guys are being blocked from your door or TV, you will have to find them and promote them.
    Unless we get those criminals & make them pay for what they have done to our country and the lawlessness they have sponsored, we are just another Mexico ourselves!