Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

4 officers shot at a police precinct on Detroit's west side

Four officers shot at a police precinct on Detroit's west side

A shooting suspect is dead

VideoPhotos
    Posted: 4:55 PM
    Last Updated: 8 minutes ago

DETROIT (WXYZ) - Action News sources say four Detroit police officers have been shot inside the Northwest District on the city's west side. The district office is located near Warwick and Plymouth and houses both the 6th and 8th precincts.

We're told a man walked into the lobby and opened fire. He was killed by police.

The conditions of the officers are not known. A source says one of the officers is a commander, one is a patrolman. the other is a clerk.

They were rushed to Sinai Grace.

Police sources tell Action News that the gunman walked into station just as any citizen can do. They say the shooter walked past the desk and fired down a hallway hitting a female sergeant in the chest. Sources say she was wearing a bulletproof vest and should be OK.

Police tell Action News that the gunman then shot a second officer in the side of the face and neck.

Sources say a precinct commander then grabbed the wounded sergeant’s gun and exchanged shots with the gunman. The commander was then shot in the back.

Next, the gunman jumped over a counter to attempt to shoot more officers. At that point, other officers opened fire, killing him.

A camera inside the precinct captured images of the shooting and sources who have seen that video say it is graphic.

Stay tuned to Action News and wxyz.com for updates

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/det ... gletoolbar
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Violence against the establishment seems to be on the rise. I believe people are becoming more disallusioned about life In general. Just In the last week I was threatened by a man In a "road rage" Incident. He said that I was messin with the wrong %&^%$% and before It got out of control the cops were called and he fled. I was at the post office yesterday and the clerk behind the counter was very rude to a customer before me. I even tried to help her because the clerk seemed agitated at her questions. When It was my turn In line the clerk got mad at me for a question that I asked,and was giving me dirty looks while I was trying to sign for my certified mail. I snagged my receipt out of her hand and told her that she was very rude. She then started yelling at me not to come back again. She was the one being rude to everyone,then did not like It when I called her on It. People In general are becoming more standoffish and mean In my opinion.Then again, look where I am..... Central California

I hope and pray the officers make it. We were not that lucky and have a funeral for 2 slain officers tomorrow.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2011/01/23/vi ... -officers/

Family, Friends To Gather For Officers’ Viewing
    January 23, 2011 8:18 AM

MIAMI (CBS4) – A wake will be held Sunday for two Miami-Dade police officers who died in the line of duty last week.

Family, friends and fellow officers will gather Sunday evening for the viewing of officers Roger Castillo and Amanda Haworth at Vista Funeral Home, 14200 NW 57th Ave. in Miami Lakes. Doors will be open to the public from 7 pm to midnight.

Castillo and Haworth were killed in a gunfight last Thursday when they tried to apprehend Johnny Simms on a fugitive warrant. Simms was also killed.

On Monday a joint memorial service for the officers will be held at 11 a.m. at the American Airlines Arena in downtown Miami. The service is open to the public. In a tribute to Castillo and Haworth, the United States Honor Flag will be on display during the memorial service.

“The Miami-Dade Police Department has been a partner to The Honor Network for many years and this agency is considered home to the United States Honor Flag,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

4 police officers shot at Detroit police stationBy the CNN Wire StaffJanuary 23, 2011 7:40 p.m. EST
    Four police officers were shot Sunday at a Detroit Police Department precinct station.
    (CNN) -- Four police officers were shot at a Detroit police precinct on Sunday afternoon but all are expected to survive, the city's police chief said Sunday.

The most seriously injured officer -- he was shot in the lower back -- emerged from surgery Sunday evening, Detroit Police Chief Ralph Godbee said.

A person who police identified as the shooter was shot dead, Godbee said at a Sunday evening press conference.

In addition to the officer shot in the back, who is a commander, Godbee said a female sergeant was shot in the chest but was protected by a bulletproof vest. Two male officers were grazed in the head but are conscious, alert and talking, he said.

"We are very relieved that it appears that all our officers are going to be OK," Godbee said.

He updated earlier reports that three officers had been shot. He said the identities of the wounded officers are being withheld until their families are notified.

Police have identified the shooter, Godbee said, but are withholding the person's name as they conduct an investigation of the incident.

The officers were transported to Detroit's Sinai-Grace Hospital, according to state police Sgt. Keyonn Whitfield.

The shooting occurred at the Detroit Police Department's sixth precinct station, according to Michigan State Police Sgt. Gerald Badgett. The station is on the city's west side.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/23/mic ... 1&iref=BN1
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)