Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AARP, AMA give House healthcare bill an 11th-hour boost

AARP, AMA give House healthcare bill an 11th-hour boost

The AARP and AMA endorsed the House healthcare bill Thursday. But there are caveats, and some Democrats remain concerned about cost and abortion provisions.

By Gail Russell Chaddock | Staff writer/ November 5, 2009 edition

Jim Young/Reuters

President Barack Obama makes a surprise visit to the daily briefing to comment about the health care reform bill at the White House in Washington, Thursday.

Washington

Just 48 hours before a historic healthcare vote, Senate Democrats racked up big endorsements – and needed momentum – from the doctors and the nation’s leading seniors’ lobby.

The American Medical Association (AMA) and Association for the Advancement of Retired People (AARP) announced their support for the bill Wednesday.

“We are closer to passing this reform than ever before,â€
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Bill O'Reily on Fox tonight said that the reason the AARP is doing this is for what they consider a "winfall" in $$$$ for their health insurance - but O'Reily said it was a very BAD MOVE and a very BAD Bill!

He said he was amazed that the AARP would throw the Senior Citizens under the bus, which is what this bill will do - by cutting Medicare by the BILLIONS.

I was surprised to hear AARP and the AMA cast their vote for this healthcare plan. AARP was not for this earlier according to the papers they had sent to me earlier.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

KEEP CALLING over night and leave voice mails

AND go to www.house.gov and get the numbers to the local offices and leave messages there also

ELE

Traitors!

I wonder how much the AMA and AARP were promised to betray the American people.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ELE
    Will make more calls tonight.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)