Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Aid improves Muslim's view of USA

Poll: Aid improves Muslims' view of U.S.
    Oct. 31, 2006 at 12:55PM
    U.S. foreign aid can significantly improve the image of the United States among Muslims in the countries that receive it, according to new polling data.
    Terror Free Tomorrow, a non-profit that advocates beating terrorism by winning what it calls the "war of ideas," recently released polling data it collected in three countries representing more than half the world's Muslims: Pakistan, Indonesia and Bangladesh.
    "American assistance results in a substantial favorable change in opinion toward the United States," said the group in a statement, adding that the change was not short-term. Attitudes in Indonesia continued to be influenced by U.S. tsunami relief two years ago.
    Even though the majority in all three countries opposed the U.S.-declared war on terror, the statement said, attitudes across the spectrum of opinion appeared to be amenable to improvement.
    "The consensus approval of the role of direct American aid cuts across every element of society. Whether they are supporters of bin Laden, or opposed to the U.S. war on terrorism, or even favorable to suicide terrorist attacks," everyone has better view of the United States because of its assistance.
    "The bottom line is that American aid is the single most important action the people of the three largest Muslim countries want from the United States," said the group. "And here's the key to winning hearts and minds: deeper American assistance directly to the people, following their expressed priorities."
    http://washingtontimes.com/upi/20061027 ... -2443r.htm

It's a shame that we have to buy people off to get them to stop their ways, or to give them our jobs so their economy can take off, as ours goes downhill.
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Where is the middle finger icon when you need it? That is about what I think about winning the hearts and minds of these scumbags. With friends like these people and our government, who needs enemies?

If I was in charge, stopping the foreign aide handout would be one of my top priorities. We don't owe these scumbags a damn thing and I'm insulted that they would even think we do. How much did these big oil giants offer us when Katrina went down? Nothing. I wouldn't care so much if we turned it down, but they didn't even offer us spit. Yet when we give no matter what, it's not enough.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I guess we need a celebrity to go out and ask foreign countries for aid for Katrina....or our loss of jobs....no one listens to Americans anymore, it's either the rich or famous that gets the attention.

I believe all this foreign aid, giving our jobs to foreign countries, etc. is all to get them to like us...and I don't give a twit whether they like us or not.

This whole world does nothing but blackmail anymore......and eventually they all turn on the USA anyway!

I am with you. Cut off aid to foreign countries. We have enough on our plates to deal with. We cannot continue to suppor the entire globe.

What are these countries going to do when there is no more help to give because the US as turned into the third world toilet like the rest?

Send them your opinion:
    Email:
    info@terrorfreetomorrow.org

Look who's who on their website:
    http://www.terrorfreetomorrow.org/templ ... section=AU

ADVISORY BOARD

John McCain

Lee H. Hamilton
    Lee H. Hamilton recently served, to much acclaim, as Co-Chair of the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States—The 9/11 Commission

Thomas H. Kean
    Thomas H. Kean recently served, also to considerable acclaim, as Co-Chair of the 9/11 Commission.

Slade Gorton
    Slade Gorton also served with distinction as a Commissioner on the 9/11 Commission.

Thomas S. Foley
    Ambassador Thomas S. Foley is currently the chairman of the Trilateral Commission.

Stephen W. Bosworth
    Ambassador Bosworth is currently the Dean of The Fletcher School at Tufts University, one of the leading graduate schools of international affairs in the world. He also serves on the Board of Directors of the Council on Foreign Relations.

Louis Caldera
    Louis Caldera recently served as President of the University of New Mexico.

Husain Haqqani
    Husain Haqqani is a leading Pakistani journalist, diplomat, and former advisor to three Pakistani prime ministers.

Mohammed Odeh Al-Rehaief
    Mohammed Al-Rehaief came to the United States in April 2003 from Iraq, where he contributed to the rescue of former POW Jessica Lynch. He and his family were subsequently granted political asylum in the United States

Muhammad Qodari
    Muhammad Qodari received an advanced degree from Indonesia University and his post-graduate degree in politics from University of Essex, England. He subsequently worked for the preeminent Indonesian think-tank, the Center for Strategic and International Studies, in Jakarta, Indonesia.

Robin Wiener
    Robin Wiener is currently a Board Member and Treasurer of Families of September 11, the leading organization representing family members of the victims of 9/11

James Kreindler
    Jim Kreindler is the leading attorney in the United States for victims of terrorist attacks.

Mansoor Moaddel
    Professor Mansoor Moaddel is one of the foremost academic authorities studying the causes and consequences of values, ideologies and attitudes of the Middle Eastern and Islamic publics.

Presidents Bill Clinton and George H.W. Bush have recognized Terror Free Tomorrow's work. The U.S. Senate, the State Department and the Pentagon have also cited Terror Free Tomorrow’s polling as important benchmarks. Terror Free Tomorrow is one of a select group of non-profits chosen as a participant in the 2006 Clinton Global Initiative.

I guess all of this aid is the reason we have seen the U.S. flag being burned in the streets of these muslim nations. When they bring this country down who will support the world then?