Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Air Force tanker deal?

What can one think when your own government gives a FRENCH company a big contract over a US company. A defense contract to a country that refused to support us in Iraq even.

This contract means 22,000 US jobs and your tax dollars going to France. Had the contract stayed with BOEING it meant 44,000 US jobs and your tax dollars rotating here instead of going to France and Europe.

John McCain, great war hero is partially to blame for this....

Import people (Illegals) and export jobs...even the US government, the Air Force in this case....call your congressman and senators and ask why NO BOEING and why France?

Lou was talking about this last night, a Rep from Kansas has started an online petition of sorts http://www.house.gov/tiahrt/tanker_survey.htm

Survey results as of 11:00 a.m. (CST)
    28,668 -- outraged and oppose the Air Force tanker decision
    178 -- support the Air Force tanker decision
    28 -- no opinion about the Air Force tanker decision
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

airbus can bid low because its subsidized by the French Government.

you remember those people.... the ones who did NOT like the US going to war in IRAQ or Afghanistan

I watched the hearing on this yesterday, it was unbelievable and I don't think they will get away with it.

Did you know government contracts are suppose to be given to U.S. businesses only according to congress, and in the hearing yesterday it was disclosed that under Military orders they have extended that to include all allied countries (due to globalization) they named about 15 countries to be considered and included as American made products. Congress was pissed when this was disclosed and said they would get to the bottom of it, I was apalled and I don't think they were happy about this coming out on national television.

>> NEW "ACTION ALERTS" 2/29<<
    PLEASE TAKE ACTION.....NOW!!!!!
    Mount up folks!"Help needed" Maine and Missisippi
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-106336.html
    " ALIPAC FUND RAISER LAUNCHED" !
    "PLEASE HELP US REACH OUR GOAL" !!
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-105713.html
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Its just more trickle out of jobs and pumping up that so desired "global
    community"! The **** with our country while we keep losing ground.
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

On one hand I can see how this stinks, but from my understanding, alot of the various jobs from this project will still be spread out over the US, including in Alabama, Florida and California. You can bet the govt factored this into their decision, and senators like Jeff Sessions will fight any attempt to change this:

Congressman weighs options to undo refueling tanker contract

....But Hunter would likely encounter stiff resistance from many lawmakers -- including some traditional allies, such as Senate Armed Services Strategic Forces Subcommittee ranking member Jeff Sessions, R-Ala. Airbus plans to build the tankers at a plant in Mobile, Ala. The company says will employ 5,000 people across the state. Hunter's committee colleague, Rep. Jeff Miller, R-Fla., has praised the contract, saying the Mobile plant is expected to employ people from his northwest Florida district about 60 miles away.

http://www.govexec.com/story_page.cfm?a ... todaysnews
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    On one hand I can see how this stinks, but from my understanding, alot of the various jobs from this project will still be spread out over the US, including in Alabama, Florida and California. You can bet the govt factored this into their decision, and senators like Jeff Sessions will fight any attempt to change this:

Congressman weighs options to undo refueling tanker contract

....But Hunter would likely encounter stiff resistance from many lawmakers -- including some traditional allies, such as Senate Armed Services Strategic Forces Subcommittee ranking member Jeff Sessions, R-Ala. Airbus plans to build the tankers at a plant in Mobile, Ala. The company says will employ 5,000 people across the state. Hunter's committee colleague, Rep. Jeff Miller, R-Fla., has praised the contract, saying the Mobile plant is expected to employ people from his northwest Florida district about 60 miles away.

http://www.govexec.com/story_page.cfm?a ... todaysnews

Populist read my above post....

also in the committee meeting senators said that the first so many planes have to be make in France and this same thing has happen before....when it is time to move the operation to the states they say it will cost to much and be two much trouble..

Everyone should watch this hearing on c-span if it comes back it is a real eye opener.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

DONE!

Survey results as of 1:30 p.m. (CST)
    31,919--outraged and oppose the Air Force tanker decision
    225--support the Air Force tanker decision
    37--no opinion about the Air Force tanker decision
    Unless we get those criminals & make them pay for what they have done to our country and the lawlessness they have sponsored, we are just another Mexico ourselves!

Quote Originally Posted by kniggit
    Lou was talking about this last night, a Rep from Kansas has started an online petition of sorts http://www.house.gov/tiahrt/tanker_survey.htm

Survey results as of 11:00 a.m. (CST)
    28,668 -- outraged and oppose the Air Force tanker decision
    178 -- support the Air Force tanker decision
    28 -- no opinion about the Air Force tanker decision
    It took me over an hour last night just to log on to the survey. Looks like a lot of Americans are OUTRAGED over this mess.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Here's another one from Patty Murray I got in e-mail.

Dear Friend,
    Senator Murray is fighting hard to change the Air Force's decision to award the tanker contract to Airbus. If you haven't already done so, please join her in this fight to ensure our economic and military security. Sign up today so that we can keep you involved and informed as the effort moves forward. Please forward this message to friends.

March 6, 2008

subscribe
    unsubscribe
    news
    photos
    videos

After Air Force Decides to Outsource American Jobs and Military Capabilities, Murray Vows to Fight that Decision

This week my colleagues and I in Congress began to fight back against the Air Force's decision to award a $40 billion contract to build our aerial refueling tankers to the European-based company Airbus. As our nation's economy struggles and our troops are deployed around the world, we can not afford to outsource American jobs and military capabilities. In the coming days, weeks, and months I will continue to speak out, demand answers from the Air Force, and work to change this decision.

Last Friday (2/29), I stood with the men and women of Boeing in Everett as the Air Force announced that it would be outsourcing a $40 billion contract to build
    Senator Murray joins Boeing workers to hear the Air Force's shocking decision to award the tanker contract to Airbus.
    aerial refueling tankers to the European company Airbus. Boeing workers were shocked, angry, and wanted answers – and so do I.
    Awarding this critical military contract to Airbus, a company that is heavily subsidized by European governments, is a threat to our economic, military, and trade security. At a time when families are struggling and unemployment is rising at home, it is unacceptable that we are investing in European jobs instead of creating 44,000 new jobs here. At a time when we are engaged in two wars, we need to ask ourselves whether we should place war-fighting tools and technology in foreign hands. And as we continue to compete in a global market, we need to ask why we are giving $40 billion to a company that our government has brought a World Trade Organization (WTO) illegal subsidies case against.
    .................................................. ..................................
    Senator Murray's Fight This Week...
    Statement by Murray, Cantwell, Dicks, Larsen, Inslee, Smith, McDermott and Reichert on Tanker Decision
    Washington and Kansas Delegations Ask Gates to Debrief Boeing this Week
    Murray Angered Air Force is Outsourcing American Military Capabilities
    Murray Rails Against Outsourcing Military Capabilities and Jobs to European Company Airbus on the Senate Floor -
    Senators Decry Decision to Outsource Tanker Jobs
    Murray, Dicks Announce Boeing Debrief to Happen this Week
    Senator Murray Debunks Airbus Claims in Speech on the Senate Floor

Murray Questions Airbus Claims of Tanker Deal's Effect on U.S. Economy - Flashback: In 2003, Commerce Department Debunked Airbus Inflated Job Numbers, Found Only 500 of 10,000 Jobs European Company Claimed
    Murray Encourages People to 'Join the Fight'
    Air Force Tankers: Murray Decries Outsourcing of Jobs and Military Technology in Speech on Senate Floor
    .................................................. ..................................
    In the News...
    "At Boeing, shock -- and then anger" – Seattle PI
    "Murray Delivers Hard-Hitting Speech On Senate Floor" – KIRO 7 Seattle
    "Military planes must be made by U.S. firms" – Walla Walla Union Bulletin

Last Update: http://murray.senate.gov/aeroupdates/update8.html
    Receive Aerospace Updates from Senator Murray: http://murray.senate.gov/aeroupdates
    If you don't want to receive future updates from Senator Murray, you can UNSUBSCRIBE

Here's a link to her site:

http://murray.senate.gov/
    "This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast