Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Already??? Long Island school renamed for Obama

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/suffo ... 0634.story

LI school renamed for Obama
    BY CHRISTINA HERNANDEZ | christina.hernandez@newsday.com
    12:30 PM EST, November 21, 2008

Like Barack Obama's campaign, the plan to rename a Hempstead school after the president-elect was "a remarkable grassroots approach," the district superintendent said Friday.

At a meeting Thursday night, the five-member Hempstead school board voted unanimously to rename one of its schools Barack Obama Elementary School, said Superintendent Joseph Laria.

The change was effective immediately, although the district does not have a new sign yet. The school, formerly called Ludlum Elementary School, is on William Street in Hempstead.

School staff and students, who participated in mock presidential and vice presidential debates before the Nov. 4 election, initiated the request to rename the school, Laria said.

His picture will be on our new global money, too.

I do not like situations like this in which the name of someone who actually gave to the community is replaced by political opportunism.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    I do not like situations like this in which the name of someone who actually gave to the community is replaced by political opportunism.
    You said it Richard. It is a shame to disrespect historical people and places in this manner.

Ridiculous! Pretty soon there will be towns renamed after him. Welcome to the United States Of Obama.

The man hasn't even DONE anything yet and we are still unsure of if he is even a US citizen! The Twilight Zone song is running thru my head again.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

CULT OF THE PERSONALITY.

BARACK OBAMA = HUGO CHAVEZ

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    Ridiculous! Pretty soon there will be towns renamed after him. Welcome to the United States Of Obama.

The man hasn't even DONE anything yet and we are still unsure of if he is even a US citizen! The Twilight Zone song is running thru my head again.
    Well I wish this episode would end already
    Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Hylander_1314
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    You said it Richard. It is a shame to disrespect historical people and places in this manner.
    It is a disrespect to shame historical people and places, as well.
    The flag flies at half-mast out of grief for the death of my beautiful, formerly-free America. May God have mercy on your souls.
    RIP USA 7/4/1776 - 11/04/2008

Some of these Obama followers appear to be brainwashed like people in a cult!
    These wack jobs scare me.

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal

Here ya go for the Twilight Zone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6djfybS8 ... re=related

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast