Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

America - Republic Or Democracy?

The American Form of Government

http://www.flixxy.com/political-systems.htm

Glossary of definitions:
    despotism - a form of government in which the ruler is an absolute dictator (not restricted by a constitution or laws or opposition etc.)
    tyranny - the government or rule of a single person (dictator) or absolute ruler.
    spectrum - a broad range of varied but related ideas or objects, the individual features of which tend to overlap so as to form a continuous series or sequence
    federalist papers - a series of 85 articles advocating the approval of the United States constitution (1780's).
    oligarchy - a form of government where political power effectively rests with a small elite segment of society distinguished by royalty, wealth, family, military powers, etc. The word "oligarchy" is from the Greek words for "few" and "rule". .
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

that is a great clip AirborneSapper7 and it so appears we are headed in that diection of an oligarchy,if not already there.......
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

The U S started off as an oligarchy and was run by one even before it declared its independence. All of the founding fathers were the richest men in the country at that time. George Washington was the richest man in the U S at the time of his death. He had over 400 slaves. Obviously not all of the founding fathers were successful later on after the founding of the U S. Some of them did not die rich. But they were still part of an oligarchy.

The U S started off as an oligarchy and was run by one even before it declared its independence.
    And many of our nation's founders favored restricting the vote to landowners. Maybe they had a point. De Tocqueville said that democracy was a fine thing until the people realized they could vote themselves money.
    "We have met the enemy, and they is us." - POGO