Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

amnesty: can't talk to my friends anymore

One of my friends from college, who I've known for 10 years married a woman from S. America. She was great, really intelligent and nice, she had a master's degree and had a green card. Then I heard from my friend that she was bringing her entire family over here to the US to stay, permanently and illegally. Why? Because they felt the amnesty bill would pass. I feel some sympathy for her folks who are older. Of course they support amnesty. So now I can't even talk to him anymore. I feel guilty.

I have another friend who's parents were from Mexico, he's a coconut (I speak more spanish than him!) but I can't talk to him anymore because of his belief that anti-amnesty == racism.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

It is a shame that shamnesty has to come between friends. It is even causing breeches in families. Just something else we can thank Jorge Boosh for. Had he been enforcing the LAW the last (nearly) 7 years, we would not have this problem.

Before this is over its gonna cause much worse than that , I call it like I see it . If everybody would lay the cards on the table face up then there is a slight possibility that this could somehow workout . But everybody knows thats not gonna happen . Kennedy just shot down the 3 billion for border security kILLING MARY JOE just wasn't enough .

Sam-I-am I can understand your situation as I believe alot of us here do.I myself am in trouble with a few of my friends as they do not understand the impact Illegal Immigration is having on our country -YET- as they have not been directly affected by it.

I made a decision after a lot of thought and my decision was and is my country comes first ! I can only hope someday they will realize I am doing the right thing in defending our laws,our way of life and the souviernty of our nation which I believe is at risk.

Your friend is making a mistake since bringing the family here illegally puts them at risk for jail & deportation if they get caught and since funds have been alloted for more interior security it could very well happen to them.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

ILLEGAL is ILLEGAL. There is no justification or defense of illegality. Period. It is against the law to be in America (just as it is in all other countries) without being a citizen, being granted a visa or other strictly defined legal paperwork. In order to come to this country legally, you must apply through proper legal channels from your country of origin. This is not debatable nor do emotional pleas matter. If you are here illegally, be prepared to suffer the legal consequences if you do not leave on your own. Period.

Give your friends a copy of this letter that was posted on the ALIPAC website earlier today from the Spokesman Review newspaper:

Spokesman Review
    Friday, July 27, 2007

Letters to the editor

'Illegal' not hard to understand

The word "illegal" is defined on dictionary.com as: "unlawful; illegitimate; illicit; unlicensed. Illegal, unlawful, illegitimate, illicit, criminal can all describe actions not in accord with law." "Illegal" refers most specifically to violations of statutes. The American Heritage Dictionary defines it as "prohibited by law."

Is there any part of this word "illegal" that you politicians out there don't understand? If so, would you please provide your names to this newspaper so I can be sure to vote for the ones that understand that it is "illegal" to let "illegal" immigrants into this country and that it is "illegitimate" to then turn around and give them certain benefits and privileges that will encourage more "illegal" immigrants to want to come here?

If our elected officials ignore the "illegal" part of the problem then do nothing about it then they are guilty of criminal behavior as far as I am concerned, and at a minimum they need to be removed from office.

Tom Starr
    Spokane

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/opinion/ ... p?ID=14715
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here's a good quote from the Governor of Connecticut, Jodi Rell:
    Illegal Aliens are here Illegally and Neither Sympathy nor Good Intentions Can Ameliorate that Fact
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: amnesty: can't talk to my friends anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-I-am
    One of my friends from college, who I've known for 10 years married a woman from S. America. She was great, really intelligent and nice, she had a master's degree and had a green card. Then I heard from my friend that she was bringing her entire family over here to the US to stay, permanently and illegally. Why? Because they felt the amnesty bill would pass. I feel some sympathy for her folks who are older. Of course they support amnesty. So now I can't even talk to him anymore. I feel guilty.

I have another friend who's parents were from Mexico, he's a coconut (I speak more spanish than him!) but I can't talk to him anymore because of his belief that anti-amnesty == racism.
    I've learned that family and friends don't always agree with me. Try as I might, I can't always convince them I'm right. ( sometimes I'm not ) I want to keep my family and friends close. I love them all. I don't force my point of view on them. Sometimes we just never discuss politics or religion. If we do, we never ALL agree. We all need "our own space" and a little respect for the views we feel are important.

With family and friends, concentrate on the things that bring you closer, not the things that drive you apart. Keep your friends and love your family. (even when they make a mistake )

Sam-I-Am...I won't blame the demise of my 5-year marriage SOLELY on the illegal immigration issue; however, I must tell you that my ex-husband called me a "racist" one too many times, and it didn't do our already faltering marriage any good.

Yes, this issue does indeed divide people. I can barely stomach standing in the same room with somebody who is pro-amnesty.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

I know zeezil. I can't believe he allowed her to do it, because he's normally Mr. Law & Order and this is EXACTLY why I've lost all respect for him, because now his wife and he have decided that they don't have to follow the law anymore. I know he didn't trust her family as to why it was NECESSARY, but he caved in the end.

I'm sure her family flew into the 'states. Just think how many more illegal aliens come in by legitimate means like this (with Visas and never intending to leave). I'll bet the illegal alien problem is closer to 20 or 30 million than 12.

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    ILLEGAL is ILLEGAL. There is no justification or defense of illegality. Period. It is against the law to be in America (just as it is in all other countries) without being a citizen, being granted a visa or other strictly defined legal paperwork. In order to come to this country legally, you must apply through proper legal channels from your country of origin. This is not debatable nor do emotional pleas matter. If you are here illegally, be prepared to suffer the legal consequences if you do not leave on your own. Period.

Re: amnesty: can't talk to my friends anymore

I can't ignore the amnesty/illegal immigration issue. When you're own friends accuse you of racism because you're against amnesty, they're not your friends anymore (and that's the attitude I'm going to have to take).

I've managed to convince one of my friends (only by reporting facts) that the illegal immigration issue is much more serious than he thought. Most of my remaining friends/family realize that illegal immigration is a serious issue.

Quote Originally Posted by magyart
    I've learned that family and friends don't always agree with me. Try as I might, I can't always convince them I'm right. ( sometimes I'm not ) I want to keep my family and friends close. I love them all. I don't force my point of view on them. Sometimes we just never discuss politics or religion. If we do, we never ALL agree. We all need "our own space" and a little respect for the views we feel are important.

With family and friends, concentrate on the things that bring you closer, not the things that drive you apart. Keep your friends and love your family. (even when they make a mistake )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast