Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Animal rights people are nuts. Quotes From Animal Rights act

animal rights people are nuts
    Thursday 10-04-2007 9:36am ET
    If you had questions about the sanity of some of those on the animal rights side check out some of these quotes.

Quotes From Animal Rights Activists
    General Philosophy

http://www.700wlw.com/pages/onair_mcconnell.html

"We feel that animals have the same rights as retarded children."
    -Alex Pacheco, Director, PETA, New York Times, January 14, 1989.

"The life of an ant and that of my child should be granted equal consideration."
    -Michael W. Fox, Vice President, The Human Society of the United States, The Inhumane Society, New York, 1990.

Regan when asked which he would save, a dog or a baby, if a boat capsized in the ocean: "If it were a retarded baby and a bright dog, I'd save the dog."
    -Tom Regan, Q&A session following a speech, University of Wisconsin-Madison, October 27, 1989.

Animal Experimentation

"To those people who say, `My father is alive because of animal experimentation,' I say `Yeah, well, good for you. This dog died so your father could live.' Sorry, but I am just not behind that kind of trade off."
    - Bill Maher, PETA celebrity spokesman

"If the death of one rat cured all diseases, it wouldn't make any difference to me."
    -Chris De Rose, Director, Last Chance for Animals

"An animal experiment cannot be justifiable unless the experiment is so important that the use of a brain-damaged human would be justifiable."
    -Peter Singer, Animal Liberation: A New Ethic for Our Treatment of Animals, 2nd. edition, 1990.

"If abandoning animal research means that there are some things we cannot learn, then so be it ... We have no basic right ... not to be harmed by those natural diseases we are heir to."
    -Tom Regan, The Case for Animal Rights, 1983

Meat

"Six million Jews died in concentration camps, but six billion broiler chickens will die this year in slaughter houses."
    -Ingrid Newkirk, President, PETA, The Washington Post, November 13, 1983.

Pets

"In a perfect world, animals would be free to live their lives to the fullest: raising their young, enjoying their native environments, and following their natural instincts. However, domesticated dogs and cats cannot survive "free" in our concrete jungles, so we must take as good care of them as possible. People with the time, money, love, and patience to make a lifetime commitment to an animal can make an enormous difference by adopting from shelters or rescuing animals from a perilous life on the street. But it is also important to stop manufacturing "pets," thereby perpetuating a class of animals forced to rely on humans to survive."
    -PETA pamphlet, Companion Animals: Pets or Prisoners?

"I don’t use the word "pet." I think it’s speciesist language. I prefer "companion animal." For one thing, we would no longer allow breeding. People could not create different breeds. There would be no pet shops. If people had companion animals in their homes, those animals would have to be refugees from the animal shelters and the streets. You would have a protective relationship with them just as you would with an orphaned child. But as the surplus of cats and dogs (artificially engineered by centuries of forced breeding) declined, eventually companion animals would be phased out, and we would return to a more symbiotic relationship – enjoyment at a distance."
    -Ingrid Newkirk, PETA vice-president, quoted in The Harper's Forum Book, Jack Hitt, ed., 1989, p.223.

"It is time we demand an end to the misguided and abusive concept of animal ownership. The first step on this long, but just, road would be ending the concept of pet ownership."
    -Elliot Katz, President, In Defense of Animals, "In Defense of Animals," Spring 1997

"Liberating our language by eliminating the word 'pet' is the first step ... In an ideal society where all exploitation and oppression has been eliminated, it will be NJARA's policy to oppose the keeping of animals as 'pets.'"
    -New Jersey Animal Rights Alliance, "Should Dogs Be Kept As Pets? NO!" Good Dog! February 1991, p.20

"Let us allow the dog to disappear from our brick and concrete jungles -- from our firesides, from the leather nooses and chains by which we enslave it."
    -John Bryant, Fettered Kingdoms: An Examination of A Changing Ethic, PETA, 1982, p.15.

"The cat, like the dog, must disappear..... We should cut the domestic cat free from our dominance by neutering, neutering, and more neutering, until our pathetic version of the cat ceases to exist."
    -John Bryant, Fettered Kingdoms: An Examination of a Changing Ethic, PETA 1982, p.15.

"As John Bryant has written in his book Fettered Kingdoms, they [pets] are like slaves, even if well-kept slaves."
    -PETA's Statement on Companion Animals

"The bottom line is that people don't have the right to manipulate or to breed dogs and cats ... If people want toys they should buy inanimate objects. If they want companionship they should seek it with their own kind."
    -Ingrid Newkirk, President, PETA, "Animals," May/June 1993

"You don't have to own squirrels and starlings to get enjoyment from them ... One day, we would like an end to pet shops and the breeding of animals. [Dogs] would pursue their natural lives in the wild ... they would have full lives, not wasting at home for someone to come home in the evening and pet them and then sit there and watch TV."
    -Ingrid Newkirk, President, PETA, Chicago Daily Herald, March 1, 1990.

"Pet ownership is an abysmal situation brought about by human manipulation."
    -Ingrid Newkirk, President, PETA, Washingtonian, August 1986

"One day we would like an end to pet shops and breeding animals [Dogs] would pursue their natural lives in the wild."
    -Ingrid Newkirk, Chicago Daily Herald, March 1, 1990

Terrorism

"Arson, property destruction, burglary and theft are 'acceptable crimes' when used for the animal cause."
    -Alex Pacheco, Director, PETA

"Andrew Cunanan, because he got Versace to stop doing fur."
    -PETA's David Mathews reply when to Genre request for "Men We Love"
    "I wish we all would get up and go into the labs and take the animals out or burn them down."
    -Ingrid Newkirk, President, PETA, National Animal Rights Convention '97, June 27, 1997

"Get arrested. Destroy the property of those who torture animals. Liberate those animals interned in the hellholes our society tolerates."
    Jerry Vlasak, Animal Defense League, Internet post to AR Views list, June 21, 1996

"We have found that civil disobedience and direction action has been powerful in generating massive attention in our communities ... and has been very effective in traumatizing our targets."
    -J.P. Goodwin, Committee to Abolish the Fur Trade, National Animal Rights Convention '97, June 27, 1997.

"In a war you have to take up arms and people will get killed, and I can support that kind of action by petrol bombing and bombs under cars, and probably at a later stage, the shooting of vivisectors on their doorsteps. It's a war, and there's no other way you can stop vivisectors."
    -Tim Daley, British Animal Liberation Front Leader

"If a girl gets sexual pleasure from riding a horse, does the horse suffer? If not, who cares? If you French kiss your dog and he or she thinks it's great, is it wrong? We believe all exploitation and abuse is wrong. If it isn't exploitation and abuse, it may not be wrong."
    -Ingrid Newkirk, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals

These are indeed extreme views. There are consequences to everything. Domestic animals and many types of farm livestock exist because of a symbiotic relationship to humans. Left to their own devices, they would quickly become prey, as they sometimes do anyway. Rabies, distemper and other diseases are rampant in the wild, but our communities of vaccinated animals partly insulates us from that. We have no mice or rats in our home because of the cats. I was able to live safely without a husband or a gun in the house because of our dog. Sometimes we are cruel or thoughtless - a recent news report here was about a woman who abandoned a house and left two dogs inside to die, but one lived. But there is cruelty in the wild too, with no restrictions on how cleanly to kill prey, or provisions for rescue of young whose mother gets killed. My kitty (off to the vet's for neutering this morning) doesn't know about the laws on the books concerning animal cruelty, pet ownership, and vaccination, but he is still the beneficiary of them. He also has additional rights that derive from him being my chattel property: no one has the right to take him away from me and hurt him because he's my kitty not theirs, in addition to the civil and criminal laws. I realize that a lot of the old time slave owners thought that way about their slaves, but that was human beings who had the right and ability to live on their own, whereas animals who live closely with us need protections in our world.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I do love animals, sometimes more then some humans but I have to admit some animal lover can go over the line. Like BetsyR said some do go to extremes.

These people have no idea of what they are talking about!
    Mankind and animals have worked together for thousands of years.
    My dog, the real mountain dog, is my friend and helper, yes he is my dog but I am sure he sees me as his human, try taking him away from me and you will see what I mean. And Like most family members we often disagree with each other and we both know how to show our displeasure but we both know how to make up.
    Through out my life I've owned many critters from rats, snakes, rabbits, horses, cats and dogs. I believe we both have benifited from each other.
    These idiots have never heard of something called a symbiotic relationship, something that has been going in the animal world since time began.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Put them in a cage w/a hungry lion or tiger. They could debate w/the lion or tiger about animal rights, hunger and their own lives.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

"The life of an ant and that of my child should be granted equal consideration."
    -Michael W. Fox, Vice President, The Human Society of the United States, The Inhumane Society, New York, 1990.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Update on neutered kitty: back from the vet's shortly after lunch. Within hours was batting at the older cats trying to get them to play. I got home and found a live young garter snake on the kitchen floor - yes, the kitty is back to normal.

These people you quoted Greg are a little scary!Don't you feel sorry for their children if they have any
    I cannot tell you how angry it makes me to hear or see people abusing animals ,I love animals and think they should always be treated humanely but I have a feeling I wouldn't be radical enough for PETA or the others mentioned.

Rawhide!

Re: Animal rights people are nuts. Quotes From Animal Rights

Quote Originally Posted by GREGAGREATAMERICAN
    animal rights people are nuts
    Thursday 10-04-2007 9:36am ET
    If you had questions about the sanity of some of those on the animal rights side check out some of these quotes.

Quotes From Animal Rights Activists
    General Philosophy

http://www.700wlw.com/pages/onair_mcconnell.html

"We feel that animals have the same rights as retarded children."
    -Alex Pacheco, Director, PETA, New York Times, January 14, 1989.

This makes me pissing mad. God said it was o.k. to eat meat after Adam and Eve were put out of the garden.
    (BY the way he also set a boundary with angels with flaming swords to protect it so they could not get back in wish we had those angels on our border)
    He also made clothing for them out of animal skin. He did not say you could do this with children.
    I have grand-daughter with downs syndrome and I work years with retarded children and they are human and not ever to be compared with animals.

[quote:10aib6o9]
    Regan when asked which he would save, a dog or a baby, if a boat capsized in the ocean: "If it were a retarded baby and a bright dog, I'd save the dog." -Tom Regan, Q&A session following a speech, University of Wisconsin-Madison, October 27, 1989.

Animal Experimentation
    "To those people who say, `My father is alive because of animal experimentation,' I say `Yeah, well, good for you. This dog died so your father could live.' Sorry, but I am just not behind that kind of trade off."
    - Bill Maher, PETA celebrity spokesman

"Six million Jews died in concentration camps, but six billion broiler chickens will die this year in slaughter houses."
    -Ingrid Newkirk, President, PETA, The Washington Post, November 13, 1983.
    These are the kind of people I would like to sent to the moon. (I was going to say something else but I would be removed with this site)

Pets
    "In a perfect world, animals would be free to live their lives to the fullest: raising their young, enjoying their native environments, and following their natural instincts. However, domesticated dogs and cats cannot survive "free" in our concrete jungles, so we must take as good care of them as possible. People with the time, money, love, and patience to make a lifetime commitment to an animal can make an enormous difference by adopting from shelters or rescuing animals from a perilous life on the street. But it is also important to stop manufacturing "pets," thereby perpetuating a class of animals forced to rely on humans to survive."
    -PETA pamphlet, Companion Animals: Pets or Prisoners?
    Check out the bible and see what it say about DOGS.
    [/quote:10aib6o9]

I understand all of VICKS dogs will be save except ONE. What are they going to do with these dogs? Let them be adopted?

If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they go.

Will Rodgers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast