Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by April
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    Quote Originally Posted by April
    New THREAD to go kick some BUTT ON!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-134077.html
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-134082.html LIST OF NO VOTES from the Senate Vote
    I could care less about the senate right now I am moving on to kicking butt on the house. I will take care of the senate traitors later.
    LOL not you silly, someone asked that the votes be posted, and i posted the NO VOTES in case that person looks at this thread again,

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    PLEASE So.Carolina throw this idiot out of congress he is up for re-election..

Graham..."we will shut the bigots up" Graham Now is telling congress to ignore the mad phone calls we are nobody!!!
    Sosad said that Grahamn said, "I know you are all getting angry phone calls, but you have to ignore the people." Then he mentioned something about the same thing happening during the immigration debate. We need to see if we can find a video of him saying this.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Has this ever happened before, where a bill fails in the house and then the senate revises that bill to lure more house members and then votes on it BEFORE the house??? This is all just crazy. Is this even constitutional? I thought if tax money was involved it HAD to go through the house first. Something is going on, more than just the 700 billion. What are they up to??? Am I being overly paranoid?

April
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynne
    Has this ever happened before, where a bill fails in the house and then the senate revises that bill to lure more house members and then votes on it BEFORE the house??? This is all just crazy. Is this even constitutional? I thought if tax money was involved it HAD to go through the house first. Something is going on, more than just the 700 billion. What are they up to??? Am I being overly paranoid?
    They no longer care about law or the constitution, it is all about power and greed. We have one last chance to stop this and we have to ROAR like never before. If our forefathers could see this they would turn over in their graves.

You're right April. I feel pretty defeated right now but I will work on this as much as I can tomorrow.

I just go this response from Senator Inhofe:

What is your opinion? Click here to read this message on the JimInhofe.com blog and leave a comment.

The Senate just voted on the bailout, and I voted no.

After spending time in Oklahoma meeting with my constituents, local business leaders, and elected officials, I could not, in good conscience, vote to approve a massive taxpayer-funded rescue plan that was so hastily crafted.

Too little time was allowed for reading and comprehension of this bill. Insufficient time was allowed for proper discussion and debate on a bill with a $700 billion price tag. $700 billion dollars of your taxpayer money.

Certainly our nation faces a financial markets crisis that requires action. Unfortunately, it remains unclear if this bill is the right action. I believe it is much more important to get it right than to rush it through.

My vote tonight was against the Paulson plan, not against taking extraordinary action to provide necessary confidence to financial markets. The plan before us would have bureaucrats in Washington attempt to do what the experts on Wall Street can't do - value troubled assets.

From the very beginning, it was the Paulson plan or no plan. It is Congress's duty to examine its options, deliberate, come to a decision that has the support of America, and act. I regret we were not allowed to do that.

Sincerely,
    Jim Inhofe

What is your opinion? Click here to read this message on the JimInhofe.com blog and leave a comment.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

tinybobidaho wrote:
    I think he's did well to vote "NO", but there are quite explicit things very wrong with the Senate bill, as alot of the comments in this blog point out! So, he should have discussed these problems rather than saying that "it remains unclear if this bill is the right action." That sounds like a cop-out! I mean, didn't he READ it?
    But here's someone who really got more to the point:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeGJ-KFcuks

Wow! And he's a Democrat, too!

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    I just go this response from Senator Inhofe:

What is your opinion?
    I like his response. And I don't fault him for not being able to read a 451 page bill in a few hours. I think he did the right thing and should be respected for that.

MSNBC has this so you can vote on the Senate results.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26981897/?GT1=43001

April
    I HOPE ALL THE BELOW DISCONTENTED AND BETRAYED AMERICANS LET THEIR VOICES ROAR!!!

Do you support the financial rescue package passed by the Senate Wednesday? * 6026 responses

Yes.
    27%

No.
    65%

Not Sure.
    7.7%
    Not a scientific survey. Click to learn more. Results may