Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by CCUSA
    Disgusting! How could anyone give him the greenlight for the film to be admitted into the festival.

They must have their minds in the gutter and than some!!
    They are soon to release the movie about a 12 yr old girl getting raped by her father, for Gods sake, they said it was very tastefully done, I cannot fathom how that was done, only thing I have to say is, I guess I will be watching much more of Audie Murphy Bonanza, Gunsmoke, Big Valley, and How the West was Won. I am sure that sort of thing went on back then also, at least then it was not considered tasteful, or a form of art either!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Nitty, what was once evil and depraved is now celebrated as "art" and as an "alternative lifestyle".

Bad things have happened ever since sin was introduced in the Garden of Eden, but now we have depraved people wanting us to embrace it and participate in it by viewing it ever so "tastefully".

I pray daily for God to preserve us a little longer in this nation, but I can see that time is running short as God's patience is running thin, and who hardly question Him?
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Greek and Roman plays became so perverse. They regularly killed people on stage and did some terrible things to animals. This ended because of Christianity. The church took control of the theater. The only plays preformed were the plays of good and evil.

My thought is this director is not reaching into new or unique forms of theatrics but back into the past that was deemed unworthy of civilized viewing. He has actually regressed.

Also, as Indy has pointed out. I feel the director actually became very involved in this production.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sick
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

They are soon to release the movie about a 12 yr old girl getting raped by her father
    Sundance premieres 'Hounddog'

According to all involved, including her mother, the controversial rape scene was "carefully choreographed."
    Thank goodness it was carefully choreographed! /sarcasm

Sundance premieres 'Hounddog'
    Coming-of-age story comes to fest with a reputation
    by Jay Meehan Record contributing writer

It was gossip, a rumor, like a lot of things about people are. It's really a beautiful story and I really hope that a lot of people get to see it and I hope that a lot of people learn from it."

12-year old Dakota Fanning responding to pre-screening uproar over "Hounddog" on the CHUD website.

Back when rumors first began to circulate, the film now known as "Hounddog" existed only in script form and was officially referred to as the "Untitled Dakota Fanning Project." As principal photography got underway, however, talk of possible child abuse both in the film and in the filming began to surface online. At the center of the controversy a rape scene involving Fanning's character.

Written and directed by Deborah Kampmeier and filmed in North Carolina, "Hounddog" is a dark story revolving around an abused young girl and her efforts to heal and survive through her obsession with Elvis Presley and his music. Fanning, who turns thirteen next month, spoke of the setting during a recent interview with Time Magazine.

"It's about a young girl in the South. She has overcome some really hard things in her life through music, especially the blues and Elvis Presley. I have to sing a little bit in the movie. It's the period when Elvis is touring in his pink Cadillac and starting to get really popular, so I had to learn about that. It's about overcoming adversity and still being yourself and not having to change who you are."

"Hounddog," which also features Robin Wright Penn, David Morse, and Piper Laurie premiers Monday, January 22, in the "dramatic film competition" category at the Racquet Club screening venue with cast and filmmaker scheduled for a "Q & A" afterwards. According to reports, Fanning, although not familiar with a ski-town environment, is very excited to hit the slopes during her stay.

In continuing her interview with CHUD, the highly bankable young actress proves she is becoming quite the quick study in the field of ethnomusicology -- again, speaking of her precocious character, Lewellen. "She overcomes all the hard things in her life through Elvis and through the blues and Big Mama Thornton, who was the first one to record Hound Dog." Being hip to Big Mama when you're only twelve is rather cool, indeed.

According to all involved, including her mother, the controversial rape scene was "carefully choreographed." The fuss in general seems to be about whether such a young actress should have been used in the actual filming.

The turmoil over the scene even led to a temporary halt in filming due to funding being pulled. Crisis was averted, however, and filming able to continue once a group of emergency investors were located and brought onboard. Those involved in the project have "circled their wagons" and defend it as an important film telling an important story.

All agree that Fanning is called upon to perform a much more explicit scene than were required in the roles taken by Jodie Foster as a 12-year old prostitute in Martin Scorsese's 1976 "Taxi Driver" and Brooke Shields as an even younger member of a New Orleans brothel in Louis Malle's 1978 "Pretty Baby," both which were driven much more by innuendo.

But, according to Fanning, "it's no darker than "Hide and Seek" or "Man on Fire," a couple of her previous roles. "I still am going through difficult things in those films as well, and nobody seemed to talk about that!"

"It's really no different than playing any other character I'm still not playing myself. I get to experience different things people go through without going through them myself, which is no different from watching a news story and learning from that. It's an emotionally moving movie, and I hope people enjoy it."

"Hounddog" will screen Monday, Jan. 22 at 8:30 p.m. at the Racquet Club.

http://www.parkrecord.com/ci_5047356?source=rss

'Hounddog': Fanning the flames of perversion

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: January 22, 2007
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

Throughout the last 20 years, young actresses have fallen victim to the terrorism of the mass media by being swept up into the hedonism and moral decay that Hollywood and celebrity too often offers. Young actresses like Demi Moore, Sharon Stone, Sara Rose Karr, Nicole Kidman, and most recently Dakota Fanning, have been lured by promises of celebrity and awards for starring in lewd, tasteless movies.

What these actresses, directors and agents do not understand is that movie goers tune out in increasing numbers after seeing their favorite stars disrespecting themselves on camera.

The Los Angeles Times recently polled a group of teens (ages 12 to 17). Fifty-eight percent of boys and 74 percent of girls said they were offended by material they felt was disrespectful to women and girls. Furthermore, the respondents who said they were offended often change the channel after viewing offensive material.

Caving to Hollywood pressures to take demeaning parts is career suicide for these young women. Looking at the career of Demi Moore exemplifies this. Young Demi had a very promising career, starring in successful movies like ''St. Elmo's Fire,'' ''Ghost'' and ''A Few Good Men.'' However, for whatever reason, in 1996 she decided to star in the controversial movie ''Striptease'' about a single mother who is a stripper.

The movie made her look silly, tanked at the box office, and Moore's career faded quickly. She no longer had drawing power among teenagers and the huge family audience. Not even a strong feminist role in ''G.I. Jane'' under popular director Ridley Scott could lift her career back to what it was.

However sad Demi Moore's story seems, there is an even more heartbreaking one currently involving one of Hollywood's brightest young stars.

Today the movie ''Hounddog,'' starring Dakota Fanning, will premier at the Sundance Film Festival. The movie tells the story of a sexually and physically abused young girl who becomes sexually promiscuous.

At the urging of her agent and parents, Dakota appeared semi-naked and filmed a simulated child rape scene. Her agent told the New York Daily News that the role in the movie challenged her as an actress, and ''not just the rape scene ... [but] in every scene she gets better and better.'' Her mother insists that her ''gritty performance'' will win her an Oscar.

What a tragedy that this bright, young, 12-year-old girl has been sacrificed to the golden statue of the Academy Awards!

During the Golden Age of Hollywood, the entertainment industry understood the value of a star's reputation. Especially young stars like Shirley Temple and Elizabeth Taylor. Good wholesome young stars were groomed to appear that way in every movie so that they would be seen as celebrities that moviegoers would admire and want to see again and again. Now, Hollywood chews them up and spits them out like the used prostitutes on Hollywood Blvd. in L.A. or the streets of Bangkok. This is reprehensible.

The sexualization of young children like Dakota is part of the sick ideology of Freudian Marxists, radical feminists, homosexual activists, and perverts who believe in the pseudo-scientific evolutionary theory that all children are born with an innate lust for sexual fulfillment.

Most of these politically correct moral degenerates tolerate sexual promiscuity, including sometimes pedophilia. They show little or no concern for protecting the innocence of children, much less the sexual purity of teenagers and young adults.

It is truly a shame when young girls are led to evil by those who should be protecting their innocence.

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.a ... E_ID=53874
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Robert Redford is associated with Sundance. I think less of him for allowing such a film. It is not funny, or artistic, or even amusing. It is just plain disgusting, and I am tired of everyone's "artisitic expression". Every year, it just gets worse. What next? A "love affair" with an infant? There are no limits.

Redford said in the last election if Bush won, he would be moving to Ireland, I wonder what happened with that?

Dakota, stated she was still having a hard time dealing with earlier films such as Man on Fire, where she was kidnapped for Ransome with her dad being aware of actually agreeing to her being kidnapped to pay off a debt. Is her mother and father listening when this child made this statement? If that was hard to deal with, then how much harder to deal with rape at her age by her father no less? I heard on the news her mother and father think she will win an oscar for this, is this what it is all about ? For all intents and purposes this childs childhood is now gone, with all of these adult roles she is being allowed to play, so her mom and dad might have an oscar to adorn their fireplace mantle, I do hope in the end it will be worth it all! Somehow I doubt it.
    Build the dam fence post haste!

I think of child endangerment. Why would you allow a girl underage to be in this kind of film. Don't we have enough pedephiles in America. Why would you want to entertain them. Why would you allow it to be in a supposedly mainstream movie. Keep the GUTTER out of the theatre.

Hollywood keeps pushing their depraved ideas on America. Protest. Don't go to the movie and protest all places that will show it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12