Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

This should not be about race at all, this should be about a crime that was committed and 1 man who evidently had enough did something about it, I say good for him.

No group has a right to make a circus out of the mans neighborhood, as someone above said they could have held a news conference some where else, they wanted to make a show out of it and Americans are sick of crime by anyone, just sick to death of it.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by dyehard39
    Since when do can legally kill someone who is seen leaving our neighbors house carrying a tv. When has stealing become a crime carrying the death penalty. We are not yet under the laws of radical Islam. This is a burglar suspect.
    In Texas since September, and it's called the Castle Doctrine.

In Texas you have the right to defend your property from theft and use deadly force to do it.

I don't know the details of the Horn story but I believe he was in charge of his neighbor's home at the time of the theft. Secondly, I believe he was an older man that felt threatened by two theives.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I was thrilled to see some apparently average American citizens taking a stand. It made me feel strong twinges of patriotism. Is that illegal yet?

I'm curious; did this make national news? I'd bet it won't, because the leftists don't want other citizens to get any ideas and start a trend. Imagine that, huge groups of working, taxpaying, legal Americans standing up for our rights.

I hope that soon, all over the country, we'll have such demonstrations against illegal immigration, against traitors in government, against trade with Communist China, and other issues that have gone unaddressed for far too long.

I'm so glad that there was not violence at this event. I didn't fear violence by the participants, but by the feds, who do not want to see grassroots Americans organize and exercise their right to free assembly and free speech.

Self-defense 'Castle' laws gain ground

By Chris Joyner, USA TODAY

The "Castle Doctrine " law removes the requirement that citizens first must seek a safe retreat from an intruder before using deadly force. Similar laws have passed in 19 other states in two years, in large part because of lobbying by the National Rifle Association (NRA).

A recent spate of shootings in Jackson, the capital, has reinvigorated public discussion of the law. In one week in late September and early October, four Jackson homeowners fired shots at four suspected burglars. Two of the suspected intruders were killed and a third was injured.

Only one of the homeowners in those shootings — a convicted felon who is not allowed to own a firearm — faces criminal charges. Jackson police spokesman Cmdr. Lee Vance says virtually every local news account about the shootings mentioned the Castle Doctrine law.

"Whether it was a factor … or not, it's getting a lot of credit," he says.

The NRA says the principle behind the law is more basic.

"We want to make sure that in America the right to self-defense continues to exist and that the American citizen's home remains his castle," says NRA Executive Vice President and CEO Wayne LaPierre.

Stories behind statistics

While it might be too early to tell if the laws have had an impact on justifiable shootings, FBI statistics show 241 justifiable homicides by private citizens in 2006. That's a 23% increase over the previous year, but that is fewer than the 247 killed in 2003 before the NRA push began. Overall, Department of Justice records show a 13% decrease in justifiable homicides over the past decade.

Mississippi isn't the only state making news over the Castle Doctrine law.

Last week, Joe Horn, 61, of Pasadena, Texas, shot and killed two men that he told a police dispatcher were burglarizing his neighbor's home, according to a transcript of the tape.

Bill Delmore, legal services bureau chief for the Harris County District Attorney's office, says it is too early to speculate.

"One issue is going to be whether the so-called Castle Doctrine law applies to a neighbor's home," he says, adding that the state has other laws governing self-defense and the protection of property that might apply. A grand jury will decide if charges will be filed against Horn.

Also in Texas, the Associated Press reported in September that Dallas musician Carter Albrecht was shot and killed when he tried to kick in the door of his girlfriend's neighbor. The shooting happened just days after the state passed its Castle Doctrine law.

Dallas police Sgt. Larry Lewis says no charges are being pursued against the shooter.

Mike Snider, a Dallas concert promoter who knew Albrecht, says Albrecht had been drinking and arguing with his girlfriend and might have banged on the wrong door. "There is no excuse for blindly shooting a gun in anyone's direction," he says. A number of people convicted of killings in Arizona are attempting to get their cases reheard by claiming the Castle Doctrine law in their state should retroactively apply to them. (...)

"There is a fundamental feeling on the part of many that the aggressor should not profit and the person who is defending should not be held in legal jeopardy," he says.

Joyner writes for The Clarion-Ledger in Jackson, Miss.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/200 ... orce_N.htm
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I sent the video to several news stations we will see if it gets in any of the news!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Quote Originally Posted by dyehard39
    Since when do can legally kill someone who is seen leaving our neighbors house carrying a tv. When has stealing become a crime carrying the death penalty. We are not yet under the laws of radical Islam. This is a burglar suspect.
    In Texas since September, and it's called the Castle Doctrine.

In Texas you have the right to defend your property from theft and use deadly force to do it.

I don't know the details of the Horn story but I believe he was in charge of his neighbor's home at the time of the theft. Secondly, I believe he was an older man that felt threatened by two theives.

Dixie
    That's correct Dixie. As I understand from Mr. Horn's attorney ( I saw him on Glenn Beck) that if you listen to the whole tape its obvious that the 911 operator told him not to go out and get killed over some "things" but he said HE wasn't going to get killed. When he went out he saw them then they came around another way and were standing just feet from him. He told them not to move and they chose to. From what I understand by that time they were actually ON Mrs. Horn's property.

I would like to see these neighborhood people marching with us in Washington DC against illegal immigration. This is the energy we need. I bet the people in Texas can make one heck of a march in DC. Texas is fed up and thinking of seceding from the nation.

He's an old man and face it, he must've been scared out of his mind! Criminals have no problem killing people while committing their crimes. Was Mr. Horn thinking "I'll be next?"

The American justice system has failed the law-abiding citizen countless times and criminals have more rights than those who follow the laws.

Perfect example: How many women have died because they were told to take restraining orders on their abusive husbands? How did the restraining orders keep those husbands from killing them? Ask a policeman.

If criminals knew that their would-be victims can protect themselves, how many crimes would never be committed?
    "

Mr. Horn was well within his rights! Every American has the right to arrest and detain a criminal and hold them for the police and if said criminal attacks you you have the right to defend yourself.

I hope the criminals in DC are paying attention. This is a little taste of what they are in for. This country is like a volcano right now. We are a volcano.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

It will be a very interesting case. His neighbors were out of town and he was watching their property, plus I heard that the theives charged towards him and were on his property. Guess we will have to see how this case plays out.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast