Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Booker introduces bill to legalize marijuana nationwide

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by jtdc View Post
    That's the problem, competing articles rather than hard facts. So we are left for our own opinions of what to believe. This reminds me of lyrics from the Moody Blues Album "Days Of Futures Passed". The first and last track goes:
    Cold hearted orb that rules the night,
    Removes the colours from our sight.
    Red is grey and yellow white.
    But we decide which is right.
    And which is an illusion?

Since everybody is different everybody reacts to things like drugs differently. What is good for some (Cancer patients) is bad for others (recreational users). That is the reason most drugs are restricted to prescription use.

I have seen the damage by marijuana in parts of my own family. And if society allows the "experiment", that damage may be irreversible. The dehabilitating effects have been documented. I believe the fact that marijuana is damaging to children. Therefore, it is harmful. Most drugs are. Essentially, drugs are poison. But in the correct doses they can kill germs without killing the host. The "high" experienced from drugs, including marijuana is the result of suppression of brain cells. Sometimes these changes become permanent.
    You're right, the pro-legalization groups seems to have their own set of facts and the same with the anti-legalization group.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Yeah, you do that, that's why you've never fixed anything in our country.
    What in the world are you basing that assumption on? You don't know enough about me to make such a statement. Nope, you have no idea what I've attempted to fix through participation or how many times I've personally laid my life on the line for my country! Do you honesty think I spent my military career playing tiddlywinks in Keflavick, Iceland?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Children should not have access to many things including drugs and that is the responsibility of their parents and family to ensure they don't.
    In a perfect world, parents would not abuse their children. People would use drugs responsibility. They wouldn't drive or do anything that might be dangerous to others while under the influence of any drug.

But in the real world, users giver their infant children pot and other drugs. Users drive cars, trucks and operate potentially dangerous equipment while under the influence.

The prohibitions are for the protection of the majority of society. As with terrorists, we have to be successful 100% of the time. The terrorists only need to be successful once. Likewise, one drunk or drugged driver can do major harm, despite the careful action of the many non-inebriated people.

MW Wrote:

What in the world are you basing that assumption on?
    Your posts.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by jtdc View Post
    In a perfect world, parents would not abuse their children. People would use drugs responsibility. They wouldn't drive or do anything that might be dangerous to others while under the influence of any drug.

But in the real world, users giver their infant children pot and other drugs. Users drive cars, trucks and operate potentially dangerous equipment while under the influence.

The prohibitions are for the protection of the majority of society. As with terrorists, we have to be successful 100% of the time. The terrorists only need to be successful once. Likewise, one drunk or drugged driver can do major harm, despite the careful action of the many non-inebriated people.
    I'm not aware that any state laws that legalized marijuana legalized giving marijuana to children. In fact, I believe there are age requirements for both purchase and "intake" and stiff penalties for those who violate those laws, same as now, regarding minors. We don't take your liberty away because someone else violated theirs.
    Last edited by Judy; 05-13-2018 at 05:29 PM.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    You're right, the pro-legalization groups seems to have their own set of facts and the same with the anti-legalization group.
    You can find articles and research to support both sides of any issue, on the internet.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It boils down to common sense and personal opinion.

North Carolina Medical Marijuana Qualifications

Who Qualifies for Medicinal Marijuana in North Carolina

The medical marijuana program in North Carolina only recently started. Before 2014, there was no provision for the medical use of cannabis products in the state. Since most state medical marijuana programs are restricted to residents, patients living in North Carolina who suffer from debilitating conditions had no legal source of marijuana therapy.

North Carolina’s medical marijuana program is expanding. From 2014 to 2015 access for patients was increased, and more doctors were allowed to make recommendations. A new medical marijuana bill introduced by state lawmakers in 2017 would greatly expand the program to treat a list of conditions and make marijuana accessible to more patients. House Bill 185, the North Carolina Medical Cannabis Act, would establish a medical marijuana program where patients could register for identification cards.

History of Medical Marijuana in North Carolina

In 2014, North Carolina began to recognize the benefits of marijuana for treating seizure disorders by passing a very limited medical marijuana law. Known as the Hope 4 Haley and Friends Act, this initial legislation allowed doctors affiliated with the neurology departments at Wake Forest University, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Duke University and East Carolina University to recommend cannabis for their patients.

This limited study in the medical benefits of marijuana was applied only to seizure disorders. The marijuana recommended was predominantly CBD, with only trace amounts of THC allowed.

Patients in this program were issued a medical marijuana card and allowed to possess the cannabis products that were recommended by their neurologist.

Doctors making recommendations of marijuana therapy had to be registered with the study at one of these four universities. Their patients’ data was tracked and used to provide medical evidence that a state marijuana program is warranted. Neurologists dispensed the hemp oil used in this program that could only contain 0.3 percent THC and had to be at least 10% CBD.

The following year, the governor signed a new law expanding the use of marijuana for medical purposes. This new medical marijuana program is still restrictive by many standards, and it will sunset in 2021.

Current NC Medical Marijuana Qualifications

The North Carolina Epilepsy Alternative Treatment Act enacted in August 2016 is the marijuana state law currently in effect. It stipulates provisions for board-certified neurologists to recommend marijuana treatment even if they are not affiliated with the four universities originally identified. Neurologists can be associated with any state-licensed hospital.

There are no age restrictions on marijuana patients in North Carolina
    , but only those diagnosed with epilepsy can qualify for medical marijuana therapy. Among epilepsy sufferers, only the most severe cases can be treated with cannabis, and the treatment must be recommended by a neurologist.

The content of the cannabis extracts used for treating patients in North Carolina is restricted to 0.9% THC. The minimum amount of CBD in the treatment is 5%. CBD is the cannabinoid most effective at reducing seizures. The current medical marijuana program in North Carolina is focused on this one positive outcome that cannabis can provide.

How to Apply for Medical Marijuana in NC

If you are looking for relief from intractable epilepsy that has not responded, or no longer responds, to conventional pharmacology, medical marijuana may be the right treatment for you. To begin the application process for your North Carolina medical marijuana card, search for a marijuana doctor in North Carolina.

Only neurologists are able to recommend medical marijuana treatments. We maintain a database of doctors who are willing to recommend marijuana for patients who qualify. Here is more information about getting your North Carolina medical marijuana card.

https://www.marijuanadoctors.com/pen...qualification/
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Good! I think lots of people are helped a lot by these cannabis treatment programs. Hope the expanded bill passes.

I'm not aware that any state laws that legalized marijuana legalized giving marijuana to children. In fact, I believe there are age requirements for both purchase and "intake" and stiff penalties for those who violate those laws, same as now, regarding minors.
    Woman arrested for giving marijuana to 1-year-old Video - ABC News

Like I said, we don't live in your perfect world!

"There is none so blind as those who will not see."

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast