Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Border officers staying busy

Border officers made 13 drug seizures over weekend
    By Louie Gilot / El Paso Times
    Article Launched: 03/27/2007 12:00:00 AM MDT

Customs and Border Protection officers made 13 drug seizures Saturday in El Paso, confiscating 1,209 pounds of marijuana and 9.7 pounds of cocaine in what was one of the busiest days in recent history.
    The largest seizure of the day occurred just after 9 p.m. at the Zaragoza Bridge when officers found 322 pounds of marijuana in a load of furniture in the bed of a 1984 Ford F-150 pickup truck. The truck's driver, Miguel Angel Ortiz, 41, of El Paso was arrested.

The Border Patrol also on Saturday seized more than 624 pounds of marijuana from a tractor-trailer at the checkpoint on U.S. 54 near Alamogordo. The drugs were hidden inside pallets of cement.

On Friday, border agents with the help of a helicopter stopped a pickup with 474 pounds of marijuana after the truck illegally drove across the border south of Deming. A 27-year-old man was arrested.

Louie Gilot
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

322 pounds of marijuana in a load of furniture in the bed of a 1984 Ford F-150 pickup truck.
    Amazing---an F150---definitely pushing the envelope!
    Title 8,U.S.C.§1324 prohibits alien smuggling,conspiracy,aiding and
    abetting!

Seems to me they were just moving furniture. I think this is clearly overkill. We need to call Johnny Sutton or Cochran or whomever! These border troopers are enforcing the law?! Does Phil Calderon know what is going on? I'm sure he is outraged and has sent his complaint to Washington already. We can't be enforcing our borders. Someone get MALDEF, ACLU, and LULAC on the telefono right away. This is a travesty!!!

Sorry. Just warming up for the rhetoric we will be required to use if Billary becomes president and the NAU becomes a reality.
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

Re: Border officers staying busy

On Friday, border agents with the help of a helicopter stopped a pickup with 474 pounds of marijuana after the truck illegally drove across the border south of Deming. A 27-year-old man was arrested.

Just under 500 lbs.
    Yep. They know how to work the system.
    They were arrested. BUT unless the local prosecutors can afford to foot the bill, they will be released by the feds.