Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Boy George denied US visa, can't give NYC concert

Boy George denied US visa, can't give NYC concert
    06/24/2008

NEW YORK—Do they really want to hurt him? That's the question Boy George's managers are asking U.S. authorities now that the 47-year-old singer has been denied a visa to enter the country.

The Culture Club frontman, whose real name is George O'Dowd, had planned a U.S. tour this summer, including a free concert at the New York City Department of Sanitation's Family Day in August. He worked for the department in 2006 while performing court-ordered community service in a drug case.

His managers said in a statement Monday that O'Dowd has been denied a visa because he's awaiting trial in London.

The singer, whose hits include "Do You Really Want to Hurt Me" and "Karma Chameleon," has pleaded not guilty to imprisoning a man at his London home.

The U.S. Department of State said visa records are confidential so it couldn't comment.

http://www.mercurynews.com/celebrities/ci_9683107
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I guess they really want to hurt him
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is great news. I'm glad they are keeping that arrogant, court defying, heroin junkie out of the states!

I'm a big fan of the 80's and Boy George did the same thing for 80's music that Willy Vanilly did for music in the 90's. He is an embarrassment.

It's not that Boy George did the cross dressing thing, it is just that he sucked at it. His voice was annoying and his songs were completely trivial.

David Bowie, Flock of Seaguls, Adam Ant and others all bent the gender roles but those folks rocked!

Boy George was a two hit wonder that only appealed to the cheesiest crowds in the 80's and his post success arrogance far exceeded his actual contributions to music history.

And seeing old Boy George and his good buddy Rosie O'Donnell cuddled up together has gotta be the sickest image I've ever seen.

Hey Boy George, i hope you read this. Real musicians don't have to dress up like clowns for attention poser!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

WILLIAM- THATS TOO FUNNY!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn