Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Brain Freeze: Nancy Pelosi trips over 'soy beans,' asks reporter to 'repoot' question

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

He's not working to get DACA and Amnesty, he's working to get the wall, interior enforcement, end to chain migration, end to visa lottery, reduce legal immigration, 15,000 more ICE agents, 2,000 more immigration judges and prosecutors, E-Verify, merit-based immigration and 60 other things on his list to stop illegal immigration and reduce legal immigration. He doesn't have the votes to get any of that without some "deal".

The best thing to do is just let it be, and work to win more Republican seats in the House and Senate in November, then try to do something without a DACA or Amnesty deal next year and in the meantime, deal with the border another way.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    He's not working to get DACA and Amnesty, he's working to get the wall, interior enforcement, end to chain migration, end to visa lottery, reduce legal immigration, 15,000 more ICE agents, 2,000 more immigration judges and prosecutors, E-Verify, merit-based immigration and 60 other things on his list to stop illegal immigration and reduce legal immigration. He doesn't have the votes to get any of that without some "deal".

The best thing to do is just let it be, and work to win more Republican seats in the House and Senate in November, then try to do something without a DACA or Amnesty deal next year and in the meantime, deal with the border another way.
    Trump on the campaign trail in August 2016: "I will never lie to you."

On March 30, he told a rally in Ohio that “you saw those beautiful pictures. … We started building our wall. I’m so proud of it. We started. We started. We have $1.6 billion, and we’ve already started.” Then, in front of the leaders of three Baltic nations April 3, he said it again.

HOUSE REPUBLICANS SHOULD PASS THE STRONG BUT FAIR IMMIGRATION BILL, KNOWN AS GOODLATTE II, IN THEIR AFTERNOON VOTE TODAY, EVEN THOUGH THE DEMS WON’T LET IT PASS IN THE SENATE. PASSAGE WILL SHOW THAT WE WANT STRONG BORDERS & SECURITY WHILE THE DEMS WANT OPEN BORDERS = CRIME. WIN!
    You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything

He's not working to get DACA and Amnesty, he's working to get the wall, interior enforcement, end to chain migration, end to visa lottery, reduce legal immigration, 15,000 more ICE agents, 2,000 more immigration judges and prosecutors, E-Verify, merit-based immigration and 60 other things on his list to stop illegal immigration and reduce legal immigration.
    If he stuck with "No to DACA" and "No to amnesty" he wouldn't need 15,000 more ICE agents and 2000 more immigration judges. And chain migration wouldn't be such a potential problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    He doesn't have the votes to get any of that without some "deal".
    He has the veto which can be far more powerful!

The best thing to do is just let it be, and work to win more Republican seats in the House and Senate in November, then try to do something without a DACA or Amnesty deal next year
    As a million more illegal aliens flood the border and are released to never show up for a deportation hearing.

and in the meantime, deal with the border another way.
    As I have said, remove DACA to a separate action, as that is not an immigration matter, and focus on the other three pillars.

Whatever. Good luck with your plan!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW

The best thing to do is just let it be, and work to win more Republican seats in the House and Senate in November, then try to do something without a DACA or Amnesty deal next year and in the meantime, deal with the border another way
    Yep, and that deal includes a DACA amnesty and he has even spoke of supporting a comprehensive amnesty in the past. Trump has clearly shown that he can't be trusted on the amnesty issue.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by stoptheinvaders View Post
    Trump on the campaign trail in August 2016: "I will never lie to you."

On March 30, he told a rally in Ohio that “you saw those beautiful pictures. … We started building our wall. I’m so proud of it. We started. We started. We have $1.6 billion, and we’ve already started.” Then, in front of the leaders of three Baltic nations April 3, he said it again.

HOUSE REPUBLICANS SHOULD PASS THE STRONG BUT FAIR IMMIGRATION BILL, KNOWN AS GOODLATTE II, IN THEIR AFTERNOON VOTE TODAY, EVEN THOUGH THE DEMS WON’T LET IT PASS IN THE SENATE. PASSAGE WILL SHOW THAT WE WANT STRONG BORDERS & SECURITY WHILE THE DEMS WANT OPEN BORDERS = CRIME. WIN!
    What lie has he told you?

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Yep, and that deal includes a DACA amnesty and he has even spoke of supporting a comprehensive amnesty in the past. Trump has clearly shown that he can't be trusted on the amnesty issue.
    I don't think from all your posts during the campaign that you ever trusted him or even liked him. You never said one positive thing about him, you said terrible things about him, and attacked me every day for supporting him.

MW
    I don't think from all your posts during the campaign that you ever trusted him or even liked him. You never said one positive thing about him, you said terrible things about him, and attacked me every day for supporting him.
    You're right, I didn't like him much as a person and I certainly didn't trust him on the amnesty issue because of his many inconsistencies on the topic. However, I did vote on him with the hope I was wrong. Well, I wasn't because he still supports amnesty, but given the same choices again, Trump or Clinton, I'd vote on him again.

If anything, I'm honest and won't hesitate to tell you exactly how I feel. As for attacking you, you're confusing attacking some of your positions and comments I considered disingenuous as personal attacks on you. Well, you would be wrong on that. Furthermore, we backed two different candidates in the primaries, that's where we were having most of our disagreements. It was a natural and expected occurrence.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    What lie has he told you?
    During his recent rallies he keeps telling us he has $1.6 billion to build his wall and he has already started it. Well, that's a huge lie. There was no funding provided for a new "wall" and the "wall" he promised during his campaign is actually not being built as he says. All that is being done now are fence repairs, minor upgrades, and some fencing that was already planned and funded. The recent omnibus spending bill he signed specifically prohibited any funding for Trump's border wall. Trump must think we're stupid. I just wish he realized how ridiculous he sounds repeating such a lie publicly.

That is the lie I believe stoptheinvaders is talking about.

Yes that's right. You didn't support Trump during the primary. You supported Ted Cruz. A lot of people did, just not enough to win the primary. So you aren't part of Trump's "base". You're a Republican who voted for Trump in the General Election to keep Hillary out of the White House. That's why you don't understand Trump Supporters, you aren't one, never were one. You would have voted for Lindsay Graham, John McCain or Jeff Flake over Hillary Clinton. So Trump hasn't betrayed you, he hasn't broken promises to you.

This President has worked his ass off since June of 2015 to try to help US fix our country. He has already delivered more results in 17 months than any President delivered during their entire term of office in my lifetime. Trump didn't cause this immigration disaster, he's trying to fix it. It's a pretty huge problem and without money and better laws, he'll have to come up with a different plan. And I'm confident he will.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast