Results 1 to 4 of 4
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Britain's 'worst ever' child grooming scandal exposed: Hundreds of young girls raped,

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

  1. #1
    Super Moderator Newmexican's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Heart of Dixie
    Posts
    36,012

    Britain's 'worst ever' child grooming scandal exposed: Hundreds of young girls raped,

    There are multiple videos at the link.

    Britain's 'worst ever' child grooming scandal exposed: Hundreds of young girls raped, beaten, sold for sex and some even KILLED

    SPECIAL SUNDAY MIRROR INVESTIGATION: Authorities failed to act over 40 years - despite repeated warnings to social workers - with up to 1,000 girls, some as young as 11, abused in Telford
    ByNick Sommerlad
    Geraldine McKelvie


    • 09:08, 11 MAR 2018
    • UPDATED15:20, 11 MAR 2018



    Girls as young as 11 have been lured from their families to be drugged, beaten and raped in an epidemic that, say victims, is still ongoing (Image: Sunday Mirror)


    Up to 1,000 children could have suffered in Britain’s worst known abuse scandal - where sex gangs targeted girls as young as 11.

    The rape hell of vulnerable young girls in one town - Telford - went on for a shocking 40 years, the Sunday Mirror can reveal.

    As many as 1,000 children could have suffered at the merciless hands of perverts and torturers in Telford since the 1980s.

    Girls as young as 11 have been lured from their families to be drugged, beaten and raped in an epidemic that, say victims, is still ongoing.

    THREE people were murdered and two others died in tragedies linked to the scandal.



    Up to 1,000 girls are believed to have been treated as sexual commodities by men (Image: Getty Images)



    ROCHDALE ABUSE VICTIM ADMITS SHE'S 'SCARED' TO LEAVE THE HOUSE




    Despite similar high-profile cases in Rochdale and Rotherham, authorities in Telford *repeatedly failed to stamp out a network of abusers.

    The Mirror’s 18-month investigation reveals abuse on unprecedented levels. We found:


    • Social workers knew of abuse in the 1990s but police took a decade to launch a probe
    • Council staff viewed abused and trafficked children as “prostitutes” instead of victims, according to previously unseen files
    • Authorities failed to keep details of abusers from Asian communities for fear of “racism”
    • Police failed to investigate one recent case five times until an MP intervened
    • One victim said cops tried to stop her finding out why her abusers had not been prosecuted because they feared she would talk to us


    The scale of the abuse uncovered in Telford – population 170,000 – is feared to be the most brutal and long-running of all.

    The Rotherham toll was put at 1,500 – but that was in a community of 260,000.

    Telford’s Tory MP Lucy Allan has demanded a public inquiry and said our *findings were “extremely serious and shocking”.

    If you or someone you know has been affected by the abuse in Telford, please contact the Sunday Mirror: geraldine.mckelvie@sundaymirror.co.uk



    Telford's Tory MP Lucy Allan is demanding a public inquiry (Image: Chris McAndrew / UK Parliament)READ MORE



    She said: “There must now be an independent inquiry into child sexual exploitation in Telford so that our community can have absolute *confidence in the authorities.”

    Specialist child abuse solicitor Dino Nocivelli, of Bolt Burdon Kemp, said: “These children were treated as sexual commodities by men who inflicted despicable acts of abuse.

    "The survivors deserve an inquiry. They need to know how abuse took place for so long and why so many perpetrators have never been brought to justice.”
    Our investigators have spoken to 12 victims, most of them unconnected.

    They accused more than 70 abusers and claimed that violent rapes were still taking place just months ago.

    One 14-year-old, groomed and abused after her phone number was sold to paedophiles, said: “I hated what was happening and my abusers made my skin crawl but I was told that if I said a word to anyone they’d come for my little sisters and tell my mum I was a prostitute.

    “Night after night, I was forced to have sex with multiple men in disgusting takeaways and filthy houses.

    "I must have been getting the morning after pill from a local clinic at least twice a week but no one asked any questions.

    “I fell pregnant twice and had two abortions. Hours after my second termination, I was taken by one of my abusers to be raped by more men.

    "The worst moment came just after my 16th birthday when I was drugged and gang raped by five men.

    "Days later, the ringleader turned up at my house and told me he’d burn it down if I breathed a word of what had happened.”

    Documents which will be passed to the Home Office reveals authorities knew of the horrors a decade before investigating – and shows how they tried to hamper our probe.
    We presented our findings to Professor Liz Kelly, from the Child and Woman Abuse Studies Unit at London Metropolitan University.

    She helped estimate the number of victims based on figures gathered by our investigators.



    The Mirror has been at the forefront of exposing the child sex abuse scandals (Image: Sunday Mirror)



    REAL-LIFE THREE GIRLS DETECTIVE OPENS UP ABOUT ROCHDALE ABUSE RING


    Prof Kelly said: “We are acting as if we didn’t know about child sex abuse rings. We have an unfortunate capacity to choose to forget.”

    Sheila Taylor, of the NWG Network, worked on the Rotherham Inquiry. She said the true scale of the Telford problem might never be known because many victims were unlikely to come forward.

    She said: “There is probably a whole cohort of young people that are not identified.

    "We are good at identifying white girls but are less able to *identify young men, young people from ethnic minority backgrounds, from travelling communities, or with learning or other *disabilities.”

    A police investigation called *Operation Chalice identified more than 100 potential victims abused between 2007 and 2009.

    Cops also said there could be as many as 200 perpetrators – but just nine were caged and the case was then closed.

    Today our investigation reveals the authorities were told of the abuse epidemic more than a decade before Chalice.

    Our probe – backed by documents obtained under the Freedom of Information Act – found two predatory paedophiles began targeting girls from a local children’s home in 1981.

    One of the abusers earned thousands a night for years trafficking girls around the country for sex with hundreds of men, according to one victim.

    In another case, a 14-year-old was groomed by an 18-year-old Asian man in 1985.

    After she had his baby he passed her to friends to have sex with and allegedly rape her.



    The Mirror has repeatedly asked questions over the response by authorities (Image: Sunday Mirror)



    CHILDHOOD TRAUMA EXPERT OPENS UP ABOUT THREE GIRLS

    The girl, now 47, says she reported her abuse to the council and school but does not believe action was taken.

    She says her doctor said she was mentally ill and should take medication.

    The vast majority of those targeted were young white girls but teenagers from the Asian community also fell victim.

    One report commissioned by local Telford and Wrekin Council in 2013 admitted: “From the late 1990s professionals had concerns about the nature of some of the child sexual abuse cases presented to them.”


    But it blamed “understanding and learning at that time” and “existing procedures”.

    Two separate investigations were launched at the same time as Operation Chalice after two victims named dozens more abusers.

    The victim in one case – groomed at 13, sold for sex and gang raped – said she pulled out of the investigation because she “didn’t feel she was being emotionally supported” by police.

    Another victim claims officers discouraged her from pursuing her request for evidence after she told them she was speaking to the Mirror.


    • Anyone concerned by child sexual exploitation should CLICK HERE

    Victims: Five dead as abusers' tentacles leave trail of pain and tragedy




    Lucy Lowe died at 16 in a house fire in Telford (Image: Brock Richard)A mum and four girls have died in tragedies linked to the abuse.

    Lucy Lowe, 16, was killed in 2000 along with her mother and sister after her 26-year-old abuser Azhar Ali Mehmood set fire to their house.

    Cabbie Mehmood targeted Lucy in 1997 and she was just 14 when she gave birth to his daughter.

    He was jailed for murdering Lucy, her mum Eileen and 17-year-old sister Sarah.

    But he was never arrested nor charged in connection with any child sex crimes over his illegal relationship with the schoolgirl.

    Lucy’s death was used as a warning to other girls, according to victims. One, drugged and gang raped by nine men two years later, said the threats drove her to attempt suicide.

    She said: “I was scared my family would die like Lucy’s. I thought they’d only be safe if I killed myself.”

    In 2002, 13-year-old Becky Watson died in a car accident that was reported at the time as a “prank”.



    Becky Watson, 13, died in a car accident described as a "prank" (Image: Sunday Mirror)



    Vicky Round was abused by a gang who got her hooked on crack cocaine aged 12 and on heroin by 14(Image: Sunday Mirror)The Mirror investigation found she suffered two years of abuse by an Asian grooming gang which began when she was just 11.

    Tragic diaries obtained by the Mirror reveal her torment at being made to “sleep around”.

    Her mum Torron Watson said she repeatedly told police that Becky was being abused – and even gave them a list of suspects.

    She told the Sunday Mirror: “Girls like Becky were treated like criminals. I was crying out for help but it felt like I had nowhere to turn. If Becky’s abuse had been properly investigated by the authorities more girls could have been saved from going through this hell.”

    Vicky Round, a friend of Becky’s, was abused by the same gang who got her hooked on crack cocaine aged 12 and on heroin by 14.

    She died aged 20 of a drugs incident and her sister Emma told us: “I have no doubt Vicky would still be here if she hadn’t been so badly abused – yet the people who made her life hell still walk the streets.”

    Telford timeline of abuse

    Early 1980s Vulnerable Telford girls are targeted by groups of mainly Asian men.

    1996 A concerned resident claims she tells police about the activities of a key abuser selling underage girls for sex.

    Late 1990s Files reveal social workers learn of the problem but do little to help.

    2000 Lucy Lowe, 16, is killed alongside her mum and sister in an arson attack by abuser Azhar Ali Mehmood, who made her pregnant at 14.

    2002 Abuse victim Becky Watson, 13, is killed in a road accident described as a “prank”.

    2009 Becky’s friend Vicky Round dies in a drugs-related incident after enduring nine years of sex hell at the hands of a string of paedophiles.

    2010-2012 Police probe dubbed Operation Chalice identifies a potential 200 abusers but only nine are jailed. Two further probes collapse.

    August 2016 The Sunday Mirror reports that the problem is continuing outside underage discos in the town but some complaints provided by volunteer street pastors are not properly logged.

    September 2016 MP Lucy Allan calls for a public inquiry but police and council officials in Telford write to Home Secretary Amber Rudd saying this isn’t necessary.

    March 2018 The Sunday Mirror reveals there could be up to 1,000 victims of the scandal and links five deaths to the abuse.


    Response: These horrific crimes are a No.1 priority say police and council




    Martin Evans, Assistant Chief Constable for West Mercia Police, said: “We are aware of the information you have provided" (Image: Warwickshire Police)Police and local authority chiefs yesterday said all reports of child sex exploitation were taken “extremely seriously”.

    Martin Evans, Assistant Chief Constable for West Mercia Police, said: “We are aware of the information you have provided.

    “Tackling such horrific offences is the number one priority for police in Telford and we have not only increased officer numbers to tackle this type of offending, but use all of our resources and technology available to prosecute anyone who sexually offends against children whether that offending took place today, yesterday or decades ago.

    “Operation Chalice in 2013 was one of the first national complex critical investigations into grooming offences. It centred on historic offending in Telford and Wrekin and ultimately resulted in seven men jailed for a total of 49 years.

    “Over the subsequent years we have continuously focused on this area, whilst working very closely with our communities to ensure there is confidence to report issues people become aware of. Last year officials from the Home Office paid thanks to the commitment of staff working to protect young people at risk from sexual exploitation.”
    A spokesperson for Telford and Wrekin Council said yesterday: “Child sexual exploitation (CSE) is a vile, evil crime. It’s an issue right across the UK and has been for a long time.
    “Telford will be covered by the national CSE review. We welcome this. All agencies continue to work very closely together and this remains our top priority.

    “Our approach to CSE is now very different from 10-20 years ago. We have learned lots of lessons and are constantly on the lookout for indicators of CSE so that we can pass information on to police and bring these evil criminals to justice. Indeed, further cases are now coming to court.”

    An OFSTED inspection into Telford’s child services in 2016 said: “Work with children and young people at risk of sexual exploitation is very strong... work to protect children who go missing from home or care is thorough and improving.”

    https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...oming-12165527


    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  2. #2
    Super Moderator Newmexican's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Heart of Dixie
    Posts
    36,012
    Revealed: Police Failed to Act as 1,000 Girls Beaten, Pimped, Raped, and Even KILLED Over 40 Years in Britain’s Worst Grooming Scandal

    by JACK MONTGOMERY
    11 Mar 2018

    An investigation by the Sunday Mirror has revealed Britain’s worst ever grooming scandal, which saw authorities paralysed for 40 years by fears of “racism” accusations as grooming gangs victimised up to a thousand girls in Telford.

    The left-leaning newspaper claims its 18-month investigation found “abuse on unprecedented levels”, with three women being killed when abuser Azhar Ali Mehmood burned down their home with them inside and two others dying in connection with the scandal.

    Social workers reportedly knew of the abuse, which saw girls as young as 11 targeted, from the 1990s, but police took ten years to launch an investigation and the authorities failed to keep tabs on suspects and perpetrators from the South Asian community fearing “racism” accusations.

    Victims told the Sunday Mirror that the abuse — which is said to have begun in the 1980s — carries on to this day, and notes that police failed to investigate one recent case five times before a Member of Parliament directly intervened.

    The newspaper claims to have uncovered previously unseen files showing council staff chose to view girls being abused, trafficked, and even sold as “prostitutes” rather than victims.



    Telford is a relatively small city, with a population of 170,000, making this scandal the most extensive and long-running in the country.

    The number of victims in Rotherham was slightly higher at 1,500, but Rotherham is a significantly larger city with a population of around 260,000.

    “I hated what was happening and my abusers made my skin crawl but I was told that if I said a word to anyone they’d come for my little sisters and tell my mum I was a prostitute,” said one 14-year-old victim, whose phone number had been sold to paedophiles.

    “Night after night, I was forced to have sex with multiple men in disgusting takeaways and filthy houses.

    “I must have been getting the morning after pill from a local clinic at least twice a week but no one asked any questions.

    “I fell pregnant twice and had two abortions. Hours after my second termination, I was taken by one of my abusers to be raped by more men.

    “The worst moment came just after my 16th birthday when I was drugged and gang-raped by five men.

    “Days later, the ringleader turned up at my house and told me he’d burn it down if I breathed a word of what had happened.”




    The Sunday Mirror cites victims as saying police and social workers repeatedly turned them away or failed to offer “emotional support”, and the authorities actively attempted to hamper their investigation.

    Local MP Lucy Allan described the newspaper’s findings as “extremely serious and shocking” and has demanded a full public inquiry.

    Specialist child abuse solicitor Dino Nocivelli, of Bolt Burdon Kemp, told the newspaper: “These children were treated as sexual commodities by men who inflicted despicable acts of abuse.

    “The survivors deserve an inquiry. They need to know how abuse took place for so long and why so many perpetrators have never been brought to justice.”

    But police and council staff have previously written to Home Secretary Amber Rudd MP to discourage this, saying it is not necessary.

    http://www.breitbart.com/london/2018...oming-scandal/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,815
    WOW!

  4. #4
    Moderator Beezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    31,058
    These SCUM BAGS need automatic death penalty for this!

    No if's, and's, or but's!!!
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

    DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

Similar Threads

  1. Girls Rented and Raped on Way to Border: Shame on Those Luring Them
    By AirborneSapper7 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-04-2014, 01:25 AM
  2. Indian girls gang-raped and hanged from a tree
    By kathyet2 in forum Other Topics News and Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-30-2014, 12:28 PM
  3. Illegal alien known as 'Five Points Rapist' raped two young girls in Dallas
    By HAPPY2BME in forum illegal immigration News Stories & Reports
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-31-2014, 06:54 AM
  4. Man who raped pre-teen girls gets 170 years
    By Newmexican in forum illegal immigration News Stories & Reports
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-23-2011, 07:37 AM
  5. Grooming of white girls for sex is exposed as two Asian men
    By Lugundum in forum Other Topics News and Issues
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-14-2007, 02:32 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •