Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

BURGLAR LOSES FIGHT WITH BLIND HOMEOWNER (awesome story)

People
    Burglar loses fight with blind homeowner
    Outmatched and with a knife to his throat, intruder offers to help dial 911
    Video

Blind man subdues intruder
    April 24: When he encountered an intruder in his home, Allan Kieta subdued him and held him until the police came — despite being blind. He and his family relate the amazing story in a TODAY exclusive.
    Today show

By Mike Celizic
    TODAYShow.com contributor
    updated 8:31 a.m. CT, Thurs., April. 24, 2008
    The next time Allan Kieta thinks there might be an intruder in his home, he’s not going to rush blindly into a fight for his life.

The 49-year-old Indianapolis husband and father of two meant that literally when he said it Thursday on TODAY. Kieta really is blind, but that didn’t stop him from subduing a would-be burglar 24 years his junior with wrestling moves learned more than 30 years ago.

The battle took place Monday and lasted from 30 to 40 minutes. Kieta wasn’t even supposed to be home, but he decided to take a day off from work and sleep in. When his pet poodle started barking hysterically, he got out of bed and, instead of calling 911 on the phone or listening to try to determine who was in the house, he opened the bedroom door and went into the hall — and straight into an intruder.

“He attacked me — as soon as I ran into him, it was like a war started,â€
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

Castro also said he was looking for Kieta’s daughter, 18-year-old Alexandra; he also has a 16-year-old son, Allan III. Kieta later learned that Castro had worked with a crew on their yard three years earlier and had befriended Alexandra and Allan. Kieta figures that Castro thought no one would be home on a Monday morning and the house would be an easy touch
    Worked on a lawn crew at their house 3 years prior.....interesting.
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote]He was so frustrated and Castro was so terrified that he offered to dial 911 himself. “He said, ‘Please, let me dial it. Please don’t kill me,’ â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)