Thread: Cafeteria prank

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Cafeteria prank

Student charged in cafeteria prank will surrender to authorities Monday

December 17, 2006
    BY KATIE FOUTZ staff writer
    The Wheaton North High School student accused of a cafeteria food-tampering prank will turn himself in to authorities Monday, the Wheaton Police Department said on Friday.

Marco Raphael G. Castro, 17, a resident of an unincorporated area near Wheaton, faces charges of disorderly conduct and attempted aggravated battery, according to police.

Letter mailed to parents
    December 14, 2006

Dear Wheaton North Parent:

A very unusual and disgusting incident recently occurred at Wheaton North High School. Because it could potentially impact other students and most certainly will be the subject of conversation among some students, I want you to be aware of the facts surrounding this issue.

There is no tactful way to give you this information, so I will explain it as it occurred. During the 'D' lunch period on December 6, 2006, a male student removed a Ranch salad dressing container from the Student Commons, went into the boy's restroom, ejaculated into the bottle, and then returned the container to the condiment table. It is unclear if anyone subsequently used the salad dressing prior to its normal cleaning by food service personnel.

We became aware of this incident when several students reported it to the Dean's office on the afternoon of Tuesday, December 12. The identified student was questioned extensively and later admitted his action. He has been appropriately disciplined and the matter is now being handled by the Wheaton Police Department.

In addition, we immediately asked our nursing staff to contact the DuPage County Health Department to discuss any possible health impact that eating the affected salad dressing might have on the user. While the Health Department indicated it is unlikely that pathogens could survive in that environment, it recommended that the student be tested for sexually transmitted diseases. The student was tested on Wednesday, December 13. Unfortunately, the results of the testing will not be known until early next week.

Once the test results are received we will immediately notify you if the Health Department indicates a need for implementing any additional medical protocols. Only students who consumed ranch dressing in the Student Commons area last Wednesday and/or Thursday may be impacted. Meanwhile, our food service staff has changed to larger, less portable containers that will make it difficult for any similar incident to occur in the future.

I am truly sorry for any stress this may cause you or your student. Again, please know that we will contact you immediately if there is a need for any medical action for any Wheaton North student. As always, please call me at school if you have questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Jill Bullo

Principal
    At lunchtime Dec. 6, Castro, a senior at Wheaton North, allegedly took a small bottle of ranch salad dressing from the commons - where juniors and seniors eat - into the restroom, ejaculated into the bottle, and returned it to the condiment cart to watch other students consume the dressing, Community Unit School District 200 officials said in a statement.

The contaminated dressing was out for at least two and up to seven lunch periods Dec. 6 and 7 before it was sanitized and refilled, according to the school district. It is unknown whether anyone used the dressing or became ill from it.

Students who learned about the prank reported it to the Wheaton North dean's office Tuesday, and after being questioned, Castro admitted to tampering with the salad dressing, the school district said. School officials then contacted Wheaton police and the DuPage County Health Department.

"He and his parents have been very cooperative," said Thomas Meloni, deputy police chief. He added that the case remains under investigation.

Castro got the idea from a stunt in the film, "Jackass: Number Two," according to a published report.

Wheaton North Principal Jill Bullo notified parents Thursday of what she called an "unusual and disgusting" incident. Some students thought it was just a rumor. Some laughed; others said they were embarrassed and disgusted. One girl vowed never to eat cafeteria food again.

There is an "extremely low" chance of getting a sexually transmitted disease or other infection by eating food contaminated with semen, the DuPage County Health Department said.

Still, Castro was tested for sexually transmitted diseases, and the results are expected within a few days, District 200 announced. Parents of students who may have eaten the contaminated salad dressing will be told immediately if the health department determines that their children should undergo follow-up medical testing, according to the school district.

Meanwhile, food service staff members have switched condiments to larger, less portable containers, Bullo said in her letter to parents.

"I am truly sorry for any stress this may cause you or your student," she wrote.

Contact Katie Foutz at kfoutz@scn1.com /a> /a> or 630-416-5216.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/nape ... S1.article
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That goes well beyond a prank, it is vile. Sounds like this kid needs some counseling. I think the joke is on him, though. You know what they say about payback...

Hey, fellow Illinoisians!! I almost posted this too. This is ..... I imagine this boy will become a social outcast after this.

PHew......pffhhtttt....
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I mean doesn't this just scrape the bottom the barrel? And they thought frogs in the teachers desk was horrible.....Who even "thinks" like this? God I'd hate to think of them doing stuff like this in restaurants and such.

I used to work in a nice family friendly chain restaurant when I was a teenager, and it does go on. I would NEVER send my food back for any reason. It wasn't uncommon for the ice maker to have red algae, for steaks to be dropped on the floor and then put back on the grill, or for servers to reuse a dirty glass when they did not want to wait for clean dishes. If people saw or knew the habits of the people who worked in some of these kitchens, I can guarantee that they would never eat out again. Anyone who has ever worked in a restaurant knows what I mean. And you know what is worse? Somehow we had a heads up before the inspectors came in, so we were able to improve the quality of the kitchen before they arrived. If you see a restaurant with a mediocre rating, I think that it is safe to say that conditions are really much worse than the inspectors see. It is worth while to eat out less often and then go to a more expensive restaurant. Fast food and family friendly restaurants are disgusting. Although there are plenty of good and honest employees, it only takes one.

The identified student was questioned extensively and later admitted his action. He has been appropriately disciplined and the matter is now being handled by the Wheaton Police Department.
    Wonder what the appropriate punishment was? 40 lashes with a wet noodle? His excuse that he saw it on Jackass movie is also a very good reason for people to give the thumbs down on this type of 'entertainment' ie filth.
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

What kind of a sick society are we rasing nowadays anyway
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Several years ago, I heard about someone doing this at a BK. That's disgusting not to mention dangerous.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)