Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

We are checking in at about 20 with a wind chill of 5. Coldest spell we've had in several years.
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

We got up to 60 yesterday! Man, freezing cold!!!

Global Warming for sure is in effect. In fact, the latest study shows that the warming is due to all the hot air coming out of Washington DC. Some of that hot air is being spread as several of the culprits, like Sam Brownback, John McCain, and Hillary, are traveling the country running for president. Bill Richardson is also doing his part in New Mexico and Old Mexico as he searches for the all-important illegal immigrant vote.
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

Charles - 51 or 52? We put our coats back in the closet for that! We call it, 'spring'. Of course, it will all pay off when Denver/Boulder is 90s/100s and my place is high 70s/low 80s.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRoss
    Charles - 51 or 52? We put our coats back in the closet for that! We call it, 'spring'. Of course, it will all pay off when Denver/Boulder is 90s/100s and my place is high 70s/low 80s.
    What can I say the gulf stream is just off shore here and helps keep the temps up some. Then in the summer we have the breeze from the ocean.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    It's sneaking up on 60F here in Dallas today, but we had snow flurries last Wednesday and Thursday.

The coldest I have ever been was -68F with a wind chill of -128F in Sudbury back in Dec. '89. Our union hands failed to show up so we had to load our own trucks outside. I lasted about 15 minutes before I was shivering too badly to function. We had 12 days in Canada that winter that the daytime high never got above -38F. I got back to Dallas to find that the front end of that system had hit the night before for a low of 0F (still the coldest temperature on record for the Dallas area). A few years later I spent a winter in Moscow that was comparitively balmy with temps from -30F to about 10F on a couple of warm days.

Anthropogenic global warming is hooey. I note that a report was just released that showed that Iceland's ice sheet has been thickening over the last several years. As the planet bleeds off the energy absorbed from that last solar maximum, expect to see temperatures moderate. However, because we are moving into a region of space that has quite a bit of cometary material and debris, we should see more solar flares over the next four or five years, and that could spike temperatures again if the flares are discharged in our direction.

Mid 60's here today but last week was miserable, temp was 9 above with winds gusting to fourty mph and raining. I told my wife we were moving back to Kremmling where it's warm.........Betsy should know where that is.

Yes, I do and I've been there. The funny thing about mountain living: it's often clearer and sunnier up here while down on the plains people may be under a gray lid of cold cloud.

It is feisty in Boston, got to all of 11 degrees today with winds at 20-25 mph with wind chill of -24. Tonight 7 degrees with winds at 40 mph with wind chill at -43. Yow! that is cold even for us hearty New Englanders
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

well, we only got up to 50 degrees today but warm enough for a 20 mile bike ride without long johns

That is what I forgot today my longjohns I have been in this kind of cold before but never felt it like today.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast