Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    I didn't wear a jacket to lunch today. It's 57 at 7:30PM and it will be 71 tomorrow. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    I didn't wear a jacket to lunch today. It's 57 at 7:30PM and it will be 71 tomorrow. Cheers!
    Your an evil man Crocket...bwa-ha-ha-ha....

Banned
    Well, given a choice between a warm state with no income tax and a frigid state with an income tax, I chose the former.

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    Well, given a choice between a warm state with no income tax and a frigid state with an income tax, I chose the former.

...and a smart one too!

Well the weather situation seems to be improving slightly. 9:20 p.m. and temp is 4 degrees with a wind chill of -9 F. Of course the night is still young and schools are closed again tomorrow. The tax situation blows and always will.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerbabe
    Well the weather situation seems to be improving slightly. 9:20 p.m. and temp is 4 degrees with a wind chill of -9 F. Of course the night is still young and schools are closed again tomorrow. The tax situation is blows and always will.
    woooooooo, your having a heat way, a tropical heat wave
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Break out the halters and short shorts

CROCKET & CHARLES- you guys need any duct tape for those mouths?

We had a nice heat wave today-----13 up here and 17 in the flats.
    And the nutty 'polar bear group' went swimming in the Hudson today, I hear.

Now we're about -13 F before the wind chill.
    Still early so it might drop some more.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    CROCKET & CHARLES- you guys need any duct tape for those mouths?

We had a nice heat wave today-----13 up here and 17 in the flats.
    And the nutty 'polar bear group' went swimming in the Hudson today, I hear.

Now we're about -13 F before the wind chill.
    Still early so it might drop some more.
    If it makes you feel any better, we had a little bit of snow last week. Didn't stick, though.

Re: Is It Cold Where You Are?

Quote Originally Posted by steelerbabe
    Current temp at 10:00 a.m. 0 with a wind chill of -18. Where is the global warming?

Global warming comes gradually and not over night just as the cause has happened over time.
    90% of the world scientist agree that it is and partially caused by man. I do not fully understand how it affects the weather but I will take the word of those who do. The fact that the polar caps are melting at the rate it is and the affect it will have convince me.

Russian Expert Says Global Warming to Aggravate in 21st Century
    According to a report of a Russian scientist climate change will pose serious problems as temperatures are expected to rise further in the 21st century, influencing the intensity of precipitation, floods and draughts. RIA Novosti reported Monday.

Vladimir Katsov, the head of a geophysics laboratory in Russia and a member of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, thinks that global warming will continue and even intensify in the 21st century.
    In a report published in Paris last Friday, the UN climate panel — a group of 2,500 scientists from 130 countries tasked with assessing climatic changes humanity might face in the coming years — said climate change was “very likely” man-made. Katsov said average global temperatures have risen by 0.74C in the past 100 years, and that 11 out of the dozen years from 1995-2006 were among the 12 hottest since temperatures began to be monitored globally in 1850. He agreed with the IPCC report’s estimate that the temperature would rise by 1.8-4C (3.2-7.2F) by the end of the century.

Dry summers are very probable in the North Caucasus, and heavy floods are highly possible in East and Central Siberia,” he said, adding that permafrost areas could shift northward as a result, which could affect infrastructure.

Glacial melting is set to accelerate, and the Arctic Ocean could be ice-free in summer by the end of the century, he said. Sea levels are expected to rise by 19-58 centimeters during the century.

The scientist reiterated the panel’s conclusion that human activities were the main cause of the increased atmospheric concentration of
    dioxide and the rusultant warming.

cahttp://www.mosnews.com/news/2007/02/0 ... .shtmlrbon

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/edi ... 25467.html

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast