COLLEGE JOURNALISM PROFESSOR OPENLY CALLS FOR EXECUTION OF GUN RIGHTS SUPPORTERS

By Norvell Rose
Published: June 1, 2013 | 7 Comments

What would you think of college students who want to become professional journalists being taught by a professor who openly advocates the execution of people with whom he disagrees? That would be intolerable, right?
Well, read on.
As a former (recovering) TV journalist, I cannot let a story like this pass by without blistering comment. This sort of outrage, this sort of dangerous idiocy, demands attention, analysis and – yes – return fire.

A journalism professor – let me repeat with emphasis – a journalism professor at West Virginia’s Marshall University has written an op-ed commentary in The Charleston Gazette that is, well, UTTERLY SHOCKING. In this published piece entitled “Gun Safety Debate is B.S., Dr. Chris Swindell – who teaches ethics in media…yes, I said “ethics” – pens utterly insulting garbage that is nothing short of self-indulgent foolishness.
One might even call it pious hate speech.
Let me excerpt just a few of Swindell’s more contemptible passages that, in no uncertain terms, call for violence against those who, as NRA members, support our Second Amendment rights:
The NRA advocates armed rebellion against the duly elected government of the United States of America. That’s treason, and it’s worthy of the firing squad.
Steamed yet? Here’s another choice tidbit that Professor Swindell offers about NRA members who fight to protect gun rights under the Constitution:
To turn the song lyric they so love to quote back on them, “We’ll put a boot in your —, it’s the American way.” Except it won’t be a boot. It’ll be an M1A Abrams tank, supported by an F22 Raptor squadron with Hellfire missiles. Try treason on for size. See how that suits. And their assault arsenal and RPGs won’t do them any good.
And this from a college professor at a respectable university – a man entrusted with teaching future generations of journalism students? A man who also, on occasion, mentors high school students?!

And this isn’t the first time Dr. Swindell has used an op-ed in The Charleston Gazette to trash and thrash in horribly harsh ways those with whom he disagrees (and remember, this guy is a JOURNALISM PROFESSOR…WHO TEACHES ETHICS).
From an August 23, 2011 op-ed entitled “Tea Party Hates Our Country”, the hate-spewing leftist loon Swindell offers an obscene condemnation of others he claims are hate mongers (clearly, the irony of his absurd argument is lost on this poor fellow):
You have made a cesspool of my beloved country’s tried and true form of getting things done — compromise. Worse, you have crapped the nest for the rest of us. Jesus told us to love our enemies. All I can say is, you were sent from God all right, just as your hatemongering alleged-Christian followers say, but not for the reasons they say.
If this is the kind of unabashed, frothing Alinsky-ite our colleges and universities are putting in the classroom, TRUTH and OBJECTIVE REPORTING are going to have a harder and harder time surviving in tomorrow’s news media. http://www.libertynews.com/2013/06/c...ts-supporters/