Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: "Common Core" And The All-Too-Common Tendencies Of Heavy-Handed Government

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Bill Filed in Kentucky House to Repeal Common Core and NGSS

November 14, 2014 By Shane Vander Hart

Kentucky State Representative Thomas Kerr (R-Taylor Mill) prefiled a bill in the Kentucky House back in September that would repeal the Common Core State Standards and Next Generation Science Standards in the state of Kentucky.

Here is the language of the bill.
    AN ACT relating to public school standards.
    Create a new section to KRS Chapter 158 to prohibit the Kentucky Board of Education and the Kentucky Department of Education from implementing the English language arts and mathematics academic content standards developed by the Common Core Standards Initiative and the science academic content standards developed by the Next Generation Science Standards Initiative; require the state board to recommend new content standards to school districts and schools after consultation with the Council on Postsecondary Education; require public involvement in standards development; clarify the authority of the local board of education to adopt standards which differ from or exceed the standards approved by the state board; clarify that the school-based decision making councils shall develop policies based upon the standards adopted by the local boards of education; prohibit state officials from ceding control of education content standards and assessments; prohibit withholding of state funds from school districts for adopting different academic content standards; amend KRS 156.070 to limit disclosure of personally identifiable information; direct the Kentucky Board of Education to require that the Department of Education and all school districts adhere to transparency and privacy standards when outsourcing data and Web-based tasks to vendors; clarify vendor contract requirements; amend KRS 158.6453 to permit a local board of education to supplement the state board-approved academic content standards with higher and more rigorous standards and require school councils to use them to fulfill curriculum policy requirements; amend KRS 160.345 to clarify school council curriculum policy authority.

From my reading… this bill would prevent the Kentucky Board of Education and Department of Education from implementing the Common Core State Standards and Next Generation Science Standards. It would prohibit the use of an assessment not controlled by the state. It implement stricter student data privacy measures. This bill would also return local control back to local school districts.

http://truthinamericaneducation.com/...n+Education%29
    Last edited by kathyet2; 11-15-2014 at 12:13 PM.

Banned
    Schools Telling Kids "The Government Grants You Rights"

Published on Nov 17, 2014
    Link to the homework - http://hw.infowars.com/wp-content/upl...

Resist The Tyranny - http://www.resistthetyranny.com/

Resist The Tyranny Store - resistthetyranny.spreadshirt.com

50 States News Network - https://www.youtube.com/user/50states...

Donate - https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr...

Scorpius Tactical - scorpiustactical.com

Banned
    Texas Mom Says She’ll Home School Her Child After The ‘Truly Frightening’ Thing a Teacher Told Her

By Top Right News on November 24, 2014

by Gina Cassini | Top Right News
    A Texas Mom was so “horrified” by what her child’s kindergarten teacher said that she is planning on home-schooling her daughter after Christmas break.
    And it should chill other parents to the core — Common Core, that is.

Cassidy Vines recently began noticing a change in her daughter’s behavior. The kindergartener began to “snap” at her mother when she tried correcting the little girll’s homework. “She told me that I was her mommy, not her teacher.” Mrs. Vines, in a stunning interview on Glenn Beck’s radio program, said that a few days after her daughter first snapped at her, she started pronouncing a word incorrectly. Vines corrected her daughter “in the most gentle way possible,” but her daughter broke down crying, saying “that’s how she was taught, and I can’t tell her something different because I’m a mommy, not a teacher.”

Horrified, she asked her daughter, “Is somebody telling you this at school?”

“She said, ‘Yes, I’m only allowed to learn from my teacher,’” Vines remarked.

As recounted on TheBlaze, Vines requested to meet with the teacher several times, but said she never got a response.
    So she went to her routine parent-teacher conference “armed with a slew of questions,” hoping her daughter had misunderstood what was being said at school.
    Vines said she explained what was happening, and kept waiting for the teacher to deny it, but it never happened.
    “[The teacher] goes on to tell me that they try to discourage parents from introducing contradictory concepts to ‘our’ children,” Vines said. “Our children. As in the school’s children? I was a little baffled. And so when I started talking about my daughter, I emphasized mydaughter. So I asked her, ‘Am I not allowed to help her with her homework?’
    Vines was shocked when the teacher responded that no, they “don’t want parents confusing the kids.”

It got worse. Much worse:
    Vines wrote on Glenn Beck’s Facebook wall about the incident, sharing how, in the same parent-teacher conference, the teacher said in front of several parents that the pilgrims were “essentially America’s first terrorists.”

Unbelievable.

“I don’t even know what to say about this,” Beck said. “I get so uptight about this stuff. This is the stuff that enrages me.”

Beck saluted Vines for making the decision to home-school her daughter, but asked how much longer parents will even have the option to home-school. Beck said this was approaching “Hitler Youth stuff.”

Islamic indoctrination
    . Spying on their parents’ medicine cabinets. And now excluding parents entirely from the teaching process? This is your nation’s educational system on Common Core.

WATCH the entire interview here:

video at link below

http://www.video.theblaze.com/video/v36986243

http://toprightnews.com/?p=7362
    Last edited by kathyet2; 11-25-2014 at 09:16 AM.

Banned
    Video at link below

http://insider.foxnews.com/2014/11/2...ifornia-school

"I think people should be absolutely outraged they are comparing Martin Luther King to Mumia Abu-Jamal." - Maureen Faulkner

Convicted Cop Killer Compared to MLK in CA School Curriculum
    insider.foxnews.com
    Outrage is growing in Oakland, California, after school officials reinstated a controversial curriculum that includes convicted cop killer Mumia Abu-Jamal, who shot police officer Daniel Faulkner to death on a Philadelphia street in 1981.

Outrageous Convicted Cop Killer Compared to MLK in CA School Curriculum

As seen on Fox and Friends

Outrage is growing in Oakland, California, after school officials reinstated a controversial curriculum that includes convicted cop killer Mumia Abu-Jamal, who shot police officer Daniel Faulkner to death on a Philadelphia street in 1981.
    As part of the curriculum, Abu-Jamal is compared to Martin Luther King, Jr. in an assignment about government oppression.

Maureen Faulkner, wife of the slain officer, explained to Steve Doocy on "Fox and Friends" that she had previously campaigned to keep Abu-Jamal out of the school curriculum, and the fact that he is now being reinstated is outrageous.

"My main complaint is that Mumia Abu-Jamal is a cold, convicted murderer who shot my husband in the back and then in between the eyes, and Martin Luther King, in my eyes, was a good man," Faulkner said. "He was far from this murderer. And I think people should be absolutely outraged they are comparing Martin Luther King to Mumia Abu-Jamal."

She added that the superintendent who decided to add Abu-Jamal to the curriculum has stated he does not believe that Abu-Jamal is guilty of the murder.

"Look at these young, impressionable adults. What are they teaching them in America today?" Faulkner asked.

Faulkner also reacted to the news that a St. Louis county grand jury decided not to indict police officer Darren Wilson in the shooting death of Michael Brown.

"I feel as though the grand jury made their decision and now our country is being destroyed ... there was not rioting when my husband was shot in the back and then shot in the head."

Watch more above.

Cop Killer Mumia Abu-Jamal Picked to Give College's Commencement Speech

http://insider.foxnews.com/2014/11/2...ifornia-school

if that link doesn't work maybe this one will

History Professor: Convicted Cop Killer Mumia Should Be Celebrated Like Martin Luther King Jr. in Schools

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepa...jamal-n1872305

Last edited by kathyet2; 11-25-2014 at 04:52 PM.

Banned
    From Ferguson to Your Doctor’s Office to Your Child’s Classroom, the Communists Have Taken Over America
    by Dave Hodges

Michael Snyder wrote an excellent piece, yesterday, regarding the infiltration of communism into the controversial groups which are agitating the racial violence in Ferguson. Communism has been knocking on doors of America for a very long time and Common Core is one of the instruments of the encroachment Communism into America and now it stands along side of Obamacare as the biggest threat to American civil liberties. This article focuses on the immoral and communist takeover of public schools. Most of you will surprised how far this is advancing in the name of progressivism.

Why do so many parents loathe Common Core? Make no mistake about it, the popularity regarding Common Core among a growing number parents is sinking faster than a submarine with screen doors. In fact, the more Americans know about Common Core, the less they like the standards. In fact, just 33% support the standards while 59% oppose Common Core according to the annual PDK/Gallup Poll of the Public’s Attitudes Toward the Public Schools.

What Common Core Principles Are Parents Objecting To?
    It is impossible to answer this question definitively within the context of this article. However,
    In 1999, an estimated 850,000 students nationwide were being home-schooled. By 2011-12, that number had more than doubled to 1.77 million. According to the U.S. Department of Education, 91% of parents who home-schooled their children during the 2011-12 school year cited concerns about the school environment including Common Core, safety, drugs and peer pressure and freedom of religious instruction.
    We live in a time where education is under siege from every angle and a growing number are choosing to pull their children out of school to seek alternative ways to educate them.

http://<a href="https://www.youtube....FMrQXkFCxA</a>

The Origins of Common Core
    Associates of the old communist terrorist group known as the Weathermen Underground are behind much of Common Core. The Common Core standards were not developed by and did not come from state legislatures and local school boards as they are supposed to do under the 10th Amendment to the Constitution. Common Core was funded, developed and owes their origins to two Washington, D.C. trade organizations, the Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO) and the National Governors Association (NGA), through their contractor Achieve, Inc., with generous funding from the Gates Foundation and other private philanthropies. The Gates Foundation? No wonder we have such strict vaccine enforcement in the public schools when considers Gates’ involvement.
    Not one shred of research exists which demonstrates the viability of Common Core. Our children are the guinea pigs and with the billions being paid out to the states, it is sure that cash-strapped states will be very hesitant to withdrawn from the biggest boondoggle in education history.

Common Core Developers Have Questionable Motives and Backgrounds.
    .Common Core standardized test creator Linda Darling-Hammond was President Obama’s top choice for education secretary but was never nominated because of her controversial communist (leftist) political views. Hammond is a close friend and associate of domestic terrorist, from the Weathermen Underground convicted felon, turned educators, Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dorne. By the way, Ayers and Dorne launched Obama’s political career from the living room on their Chicago home. Their relationship continues into the present time as it is on record that Ayers visited the White House.

• Regionalism government, or the replacement of local governments by federally appointed bureaucrats
    • A leveling of all schools to one, low national standard, and a redistribution of education funds among school districts
    • An effective federal tracking of all students
    • The loss of the option of avoiding the national curriculum and tests through private school and home school”.

First Lady Michelle Obama urged schoolchildren to monitor their parents for racially insensitive comments because Federal laws can only go so far in stopping racism and it is everybody’s duty to stop racism. Dr. David Pook is a professor at Granite State College in Manchester, New Hampshire. He’s also the chair of the History Department and one of the primary authors of the Common Core Standards. Pook stated that he helped to write Common Core because “white privilege was not earned“. And we wonder if the Justice Department is agitating the race riots in Ferguson.

The Common Core Data Mining of Our Children Is Out of Control

I grew up in a time when our teachers told us about the Soviet practice of having young school children spy upon their parents and this information would be gathered by teachers and passed on to the state for their consideration and action. A very similar practice is taking place today inside of many of Common Core based schools. Now, under Common Core, the parents are developing the autonomous capability to spy upon children and their families through new pilot programs.

Some schools use radio frequency identification tags to track student location throughout the school day. Other schools use what is referred to as “human monitoring services” that read student email and then contact local law enforcement when it is deemed necessary. Amazingly, the parents of the children whose privacy is being violated will never know what data is being collected or how the data will be used.

InBloom is one of those companies who has access to your children’s most sensitive data. InBloom is a nonprofit corporation based in Atlanta, and they have granted themselves the authority to collect information from Atlanta’s school district databases and store it in the cloud. Did you as a parent give permission to them to store your child’s personal information? This is a clear violation of you child’s FERPA (student privacy protections). Was I asleep when all American parents sign a waiver granting permission to these private vendors to violate the privacy rights of our children?

InBloom has the backing of the enemy of the common man, namely Bill and Melinda Gates. Bill Gates has donated $100 million in seed money from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to InBloom. If the readers have read my recent articles on Ebola and the subsequent vaccines, complete with all the accompanying chicanery, then you realize that the American people should recoil in repulsion to any endeavor that Bill Gates is involved in, especially when it comes to our children. Is anyone else sick of Bill Gates yet? Whether it is the Ebola vaccine or being the original computer robber baron of the modern age, Gates seemingly has his hand in every pie. We desperately need to get this despot out of our children’s lives.

This data mining insanity has already spread into nine states. Every test score and every interaction with a digital learning tool is recorded. Data gathering includes health, fitness and sleeping habits, sexual activity, prescription drug use, alcohol use and disciplinary matters. Students’ attitudes, sociability and even “enthusiasm” are quantified, analyzed, recorded and dropped into giant data systems. New York State has already uploaded data on 90% of 2.7 million public school and charter school students.

Most Colorado parents have no idea of the conspiracy that is on track for full implementation by the 2015-2016 school year. The Colorado version of this insanity, being implemented by TS Gold with a $30 million dollar grant, measures the “whole child.” The whole child is education talk for complete data mining invasiveness which measures children’s social compliance to authority as the central theme.

Nowhere are the invasive privacy and FERPA violating practices more alive than they are in Colorado where they are beta testing these programs. Common Core advocates love to use the term, the “Whole Child”. This terms means that Common Core contracted corporations such, TS Gold and InBloom, are not just testing for “literacy, mathematics, science and technology, social studies and the arts,” but also for “developmental domains including social emotional, physical, language and cognitive development.” Students are rated and recorded on their ability to do things like “respond to emotional cues,” “interact cooperatively” and “cooperate and share ideas and materials in socially acceptable ways.” Aren’t these the personality traits that would enable one to effectively operate within the marxist-communist paradigm where independent thought is discouraged and even shunned?
    Colorado teachers are being forced to upload student observational data derived from video and audio recordings as well as from teacher observations. The information is stored on “the cloud” and parents are unable to find out who has access to their children’s data. Is the data secure? How long will the data be stored? The data storage is often referred to as P 20. This means that this data mining of our children takes place at least from preschool through their entry into the labor force. Certainly, this gives educrats such as Bill Gates the opportunity to access the data and devise unproven programs to sell back to the states in which opportunists such as Gates can make even more money. Within two years to four years, these practices are to be rolled out across the country after the data has been gathered from the pilot programs.

Have you, as a parent considered the long term implications and threats posed to the future well-being of our children by allowing the schools to data mine every possible detail about your child.

With regard to the violation of student privacy and the usurpation of the parental authority, parents are acquiescing to this illegitimate authority. Today, 42,000 Colorado children are subjected to this tyranny. In the 2015-2016 school year, every child in Colorado will be falling under this totalitarian umbrella that Hitler,Stalin and the East German Stasi would be envious of.

The Moral Transgressions of Common Core
    In the 2008 election cycle, “The Communist Party USA backs Obama to the hilt.” It is clear that Obama was their man! Are you surprised?
    Some of the Common Core materials which are used in the classroom are decidedly anti-marriage while espousing the virtues of being single as opposed to being married. Sex ed practices are causing parents to relinquish control of the moral education of their children in favor of a “one size fits all” secular approach.

Perhaps the most infamous example of how Common Core will manifest itself in America’s schooling system was illustrated by a bizarre video in which a Common Core curriculum director said that 3 x 4 = 11 could be considered a correct answer so long as students could explain how they reached that number. This seemingly innocent, yet ignorant statement sets the stage for moral relativism. And speaking about moral relativism, Common Core curriculum in some schools teaches children controversial sexual practices including the teaching of how to use artificial sexual apparatuses to children!

Conclusion

Common Core is about communism in the same manner as what we are witnessing in the Ferguson special interest groups, the affordable care act and Obama’s plethora of executive orders. The spirits of Mao, Lenin and Stalin are coalescing in modern day America and one of their favorite byproducts is Common Core.

When we look at the board cross-section of reasons of why homeschooling has doubled in the past decade and increased by 14% in the past year alone, it is understandable that America’s parents are beginning to vote with their feet. In future articles, I will examine the substandard nature of the Common Core’s educational standards. In the meantime, homeschooling works pass it on. Exercising your right to educate your own child may prevent the manufacturing of another communist.

http://www.thecommonsenseshow.com/20...-over-america/

Banned
    Public Schools to 13-Year-Olds: You Can Have Sex & Choose Your Gender

Written by: Onan Coca

Published on: December 11, 2014

0Share 0Tweet 0 0Reddit 0Email
    “They get more grants from the promiscuity of children. The material they have provided was material that mirrored their agenda.”

- Brad Dacus, Pacific Justice Institute

Parents of students at Acalanes High School in Lafayette, California are not happy. In fact, some of them are downright disturbed at what they recently learned about their children’s sex education curriculum and teachers.
    It seems that Acalanes High School had farmed out the teaching of sexual education to Planned Parenthood, and as we all know, Planned Parenthood is not exactly shy about introducing sexually perverse material to young children. Not to mention, High School sex-education that promotes abstinence runs counter to Planned Parenthood’s best interests. Brad Daucus, President of the Pacific Justice Institute, which is a non-profit legal organization that is helping the parents who are upset with the school’s sex-education choices said it best –
    Get Bradlee Dean's My War, a DVD series that takes on the issues of today and gives understanding and clarity of who our Founders were, and their true intentions when they established our Judeo-Christian nation
    “They (Planned Parenthood) get more grants from the promiscuity of children. The material they have provided was material that mirrored their agenda.”
    Interestingly, unlike the many examples of liberals attacking public schools for conservative choices – where an organization like the ACLU is the group bringing things to light – in this case the issue has been highlighted because angry parents have taken action.
    Yes, angry parents first learned of the disgusting material being taught when their children came home complaining that they felt like the school was pressuring them to have SEX. As if our children don’t already feel enough peer pressure of a sexual nature, now the kids at Acalanes High School had to also feel pressure from adults in the classroom. In one particularly disturbing instance, an instructor actually threw a model of female reproductive organs at one of the kids!
    Planned Parenthood didn’t just talk about sex either, they made sure to include their liberal, politically correct blather on gender as well. Using something they call the “Genderbread Person” they taught the kids to identify themselves as either “agender” or “bigender” among other possible labels.

Some of the other material that students got included checklists to help students decide if they were ready for sexual activity. The bulletpoints on the checklist included things like if they have water–based lubricants and condoms and if they could handle a possible infection or pregnancy. Also, in an effort to end sex between partners who may not have consented, Planned Parenthood told the children to make sure they obtain consent by asking questions like “Is it OK if I take my pants off?”
    Local parents have started a petition drive to force Acalanes High School to preview the sex education course for parents from now on. They are also asking that this preview be offered by the same teacher their children will have so that they might have a total understanding of what their kids might hear/see in the course.
    If you’d like to give your two cents to the Acalanes Union High School District you can contact them here:
    1200 Pleasant Hill Road
    Lafayette, CA 94549
    Phone: (925) 280-3970
    You can reach Superintendent John Nickerson at superintendent@acalanes.k12.ca.us
    Or his office phone number: 925-280-3900
    Source
    Don't forget to Like SonsOfLibertyMedia.com on Facebook, Google Plus, Tea Party Community & Twitter.
    0Share

Read more at http://sonsoflibertymedia.com/2014/1...choose-gender/

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728