Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Conagra recalls meatball dish

Now, ConAgra recalls meatball dish
    By Eric Hand
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    02/16/2007

ConAgra Foods, the company that made the peanut butter suspected of causing a Salmonella outbreak, has issued a voluntary recall for a second product -- pasta and meatballs.

The recalls appear to be independent of each other.
    The company recalled 36.6-ounce packages of Banquet Pasta & Meatballs in Marinara Sauce with the UPC number "05010040737."

Customers were urged to look for the following code dates:

-- 2101629200 Oct. 19, 2007

-- 2101631700 Nov. 13, 2007

-- 2101634700 Dec. 13, 2007

- 2101702500 Jan. 25, 2008

Three grocery chains in the St. Louis area — Dierbergs, Schnucks and Shop ‘n Save — said they would issue refunds for customers returning the meals.

ConAgra said that pasta and meatball meals had been under-processed and that there could be spoilage and foodborne pathogens. On its consumer hotline, ConAgra urged consumers to check the package for rusting, bulging or foul odors.

Schnucks spokesperson Lori Willis said the recall was separate and distinct from the peanut butter recall.

Peter Pan and Great Value brand peanut butter made at a single ConAgra production facility in Georgia have caused a national Salmonella scare. Nearly 300 people have been sickened nationwide since August.

"As far as we know, there’s no relationship," Willis said.
    http://link.toolbot.com/stltoday.com/65730
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Conagra Foods sure is making alot of headlines lately. I remember when my mother used to do the "sniff test". If it smelled bad, it got trashed. But that was back in a time when people actually cooked their own food. Now it all comes convienently packaged, and probably had little supervision as it was prepared. That worries me.

how many illegals are working in the factories? If a company is willing to break the law by hiring illegals why does anyone believe that they will obey the law in preparation of food, etc. I was always taught that if someone is willing break one law for profit, they will break other laws for profit.

My Goodness, are we going to be down to eathing rice?
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Quote Originally Posted by nittygritty
    My husband, Vietnam vet, said if we saw how rice was grown, we wouldn't eat it.
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Quote Originally Posted by moosetracks
    Quote Originally Posted by nittygritty
    My husband, Vietnam vet, said if we saw how rice was grown, we wouldn't eat it.
    Tell it to the hand lol, I don't want to hear it, I have to eat something! If we saw how vegies were canned we wouldn't eat them either.
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Banned
    Other than the obligatory restaurant meals for business meetings and such, I cook all of my own food. I don't do frozen or prepared dinners and I don't do fast food. Most of that stuff is loaded with MSG (one of the leading causes of obesity and diabetes in this country) and there's no way to know who prepared it or what may have inadvertently or intentionally gotten "added" to the recipe. When I still had my lake house I gardened as much of my food as possible as well. I'll get back to that shortly if my offer is accepted on a house with just under an acre of land. I try to get wild-caught fish and range-fed organic meats as much as possible.

Tonight's menu was wild caught steelhead trout, steamed baby zucchini and fried okra. Yesterday was lamb rib chops, steamed sugar snaps and carrots and caprese (silced tomatoes with buffalo mozarella, basil, olive oil and balsamic vinegar). Tomorrow will be orange glazed duck, butternut squash and a fresh fruit salad. Later this week I'll make some of my sherherd's pie. It may not sound as appetizing as Neese's skunk soup, but it keeps me happy.

It may not sound as appetizing as Neese's skunk soup, but it keeps me happy.
    Hey!! I heard that!...What time should I be over at your house for dinner tomorrow night?

P.S. Try my Italian vegetables, they are so good.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Neese
    Hey!! I heard that!...What time should I be over at your house for dinner tomorrow night?

Did you post that recipe? If that thread ever gets serious again, I'll post some of my recipes.

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    Quote Originally Posted by Neese

Did you post that recipe? If that thread ever gets serious again, I'll post some of my recipes.
    I sure did post that recipe, it is near the top, before the insanity set in. Share what you have, please...we all need to eat better. I promise that I won't post anymore road kill recipes.