Confirmed: CBS News’ Sharyl Attkisson’s Computer Compromised

After the news came out that the Department of Justice had been secretly monitoring phones and emails of reporters and editors at the Associated Press and Fox News reporters, including James Rosen, top CBS reporter on Benghazi, Sharyl Attkisson claimed her computer had also been compromised. Now it’s been confirmed; Attkisson’s computer was compromised.

Attkisson took to Twitter on Friday and tweeted out the following from CBS News spokeswoman Sonya McNair:

Confirmed: CBS News’ Sharyl Attkisson’s Computer Compromised

Sharyl Attkisson @SharylAttkisson CBS Statement: A cyber security firm hired by CBS News has determined through forensic analysis that Sharyl Attkisson’s computer...
7:38 AM - 14 Jun 2013

Sharyl Attkisson @SharylAttkisson ...was accessed by an unauthorized, external, unknown party on multiple occasions in late 2012."
7:38 AM - 14 Jun 2013

Sharyl Attkisson @SharylAttkisson CBS News statement: "Evidence suggests this party performed all access remotely using Attkisson’s accounts."
7:39 AM - 14 Jun 2013

Sharyl Attkisson @SharylAttkisson CBS News statement: "While no malicious code was found, forensic analysis revealed an intruder had executed commands...
7:40 AM - 14 Jun 2013

Sharyl Attkisson @SharylAttkisson ...that appeared to involve search and exfiltration of data."
7:40 AM - 14 Jun 2013

Sharyl Attkisson @SharylAttkisson CBS News statement: "This party also used sophisticated methods to remove all possible indications of unauthorized activity."
7:41 AM - 14 Jun 2013

Sharyl Attkisson @SharylAttkisson "and alter system times to cause further confusion. CBS News is taking steps to identify the responsible party and their method of access."
7:42 AM - 14 Jun 2013

twitter posts on link below

Attkisson was asked following her claim if she was the victim of some of the DOJ’s tactics. She responded, “Well, um, I’m not ready to fully speak publicly about some things that have affected me because I’m trying to be methodical and careful about what I say, but there has been an issue in my house and there’s been an issue with my computers that’s gone on for quite a long time that we’re looking into.”

She was also asked if her issue was related to the DOJ’s targeting of Fox News reporter James Rosen. “Well, I don’t know details of his — I only know what I’ve read but I think there could be some relationship between these types of things and what’s happened to me.”

Following her claim back in May, the Justice Department issues a statement:

“To our knowledge, the Justice Department has never compromised Ms. Attkisson’s computers, or otherwise sought any information from or concerning any telephone, computer, or other media device she may own or use.”

Attorney General is now under investigation for perjury following his testimony before Congress. He has already been found to be in contempt of Congress and a there is a civil trial that will be ongoing.

Attkisson has been key reporter keeping on top of the Obama scandals involving Solyndra, Fast and Furious and Benghazi.
I’d say that given the current track record for the Obama DOJ and the revelation of the NSA’s PRISM program, we can reasonably suspect who was involved in snooping through Ms. Attkisson’s computer. Now the question becomes, what will be done about it?