Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Court affirms Schwarzenegger's order to cut state pay

Appeals court affirms Schwarzenegger's order to cut state workers' pay

July 2, 2010 | 12:44 pm

A state appeals court ruled Friday that Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger can reduce state workers' pay to the federal minimum wage when the state budget is late.

The ruling comes a day after the governor ordered the pay of nearly 200,000 state employees to be reduced to $7.25 an hour until a budget is passed, but State Controller John Chiang, who issues the paychecks, has said he would not obey the order.

The ruling by the 3rd District Court of Appeals centers on a 2008 case, when during a similar budget impasse Schwarzenegger ordered state workers' be paid the federal minimum wage.

The court ruled Friday that the governor's administration "the authority to direct the Controller to defer salary payments… due to a budget impasse."

Chiang said on Thursday that he would defy Schwarzenegger's minimum wage order. His office did not immediately respond to a request for comment Friday.

"This underscores the fact that everyone loses when we have a budget impasse," said Schwarzenegger spokesman Aaron McLear. "Every day the Legislature fails to deliver a budget it costs the state $50 million."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/califor ... s-pay.html
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The ruling comes a day after the governor ordered the pay of nearly 200,000 state employees to be reduced to $7.25 an hour until a budget is passed, but State Controller John Chiang, who issues the paychecks, has said he would not obey the order.
    Hey California State Workers! Hows it feel to make LESS than an illegal alien wages!?! Hell, they won't work for less than ten bucks an hour! Lets keep the liberal party train going this November! LOL!

I'm going to be taking time off from my job cleaning pens at the local horse ranch - maybe one of you state workers might want to fill in while Im spend my tourist dollar in AZ!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Wait till the 400,000 IA from Az show up and the new IA head straight there instead of here. And how much of a cut did Arnold take? He should work a year for free! What an idiot...and I like the guy!

Quote Originally Posted by hardlineconstitutionalist
    Wait till the 400,000 IA from Az show up and the new IA head straight there instead of here. And how much of a cut did Arnold take? He should work a year for free! What an idiot...and I like the guy!
    Arnold has never taken a paycheck from California.

He works for free, and he's worth every cent of it.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2

LOL! Good one!

I heard somewhere that he takes $70K a year and donates all of it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno

I WONDERED HOW HE GOT THE JOB!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno

I WONDERED HOW HE GOT THE JOB!!!!
    He got more votes than any of the 25 or so other candidates.
    There was even a stripper, Oh, I mean dancer, in one of the elections.
    And Gary Coleman.
    NO AMNESTY

I have always loved Arnold... He was my mentor as a baby bodybuilder. I remember is first TV appearance on Starsky and Hutch. His life story is going to make a great movie someday...