Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

crude oil: about $1.32, Pump: about $3.88

Memorial Day weekend:

Crude oil about $1.32 gallon.

At the pump: About $3.88 gal.

My question is this: Could someone please tell me where the money goes when the cost of crude is $1.32 gal. and the cost at the pump is about
    $3.88?

That is, could someone please explain how the $2.56 pie is cut up before the gallon of gas gets to me at the pump at about $3.88 a gallon? ($3.88 minus $1.32 = $2.56).

Also, does anyone know how much a gallon of gas costs in India and China? Thanks. Mirse

Thanks. mirse

The crude must be shipped, refined to the formula that each state dictates,
    additives and as much as 15% are then added shipped again to local tanks,
    then trucked to the gas station, federal and state tax is added as well as a very small profit for the station. most folks pay by credit card and this fee
    about 3% is also included. the reason gas is so high is the devaluation of the Dollar and the USA has no real energy policy.

20 to 30 million illegal immigrants also help drive the price up.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    My question is this: Could someone please tell me where the money goes when the cost of crude is $1.32 gal. and the cost at the pump is about
    $3.88?
    Straight into an Exxon executives pocket!

At the pump: About $3.88 gal.
    $3.88 is the good old days. I'm now paying $4.10 for regular.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by jimpasz
    The crude must be shipped, refined to the formula that each state dictates,
    additives and as much as 15% are then added shipped again to local tanks,
    then trucked to the gas station, federal and state tax is added as well as a very small profit for the station. most folks pay by credit card and this fee
    about 3% is also included. the reason gas is so high is the devaluation of the Dollar and the USA has no real energy policy.

20 to 30 million illegal immigrants also help drive the price up.
    This is mirse. Thanks for your help.

But could you, or anyone else, be more specific as to how the pie is split up from the $1.32 price of crude to the $3.88 that I pay at the pump?

For instance, how much does, say, Exxon get of the pie and how much does the trucking companies get? Thanks.