Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Democrats sure must be Desperate!!! They want spies.

Received this in e-mail today. Don't know how they got my e-mail....I certainly have never voted for one.

With Congress's August recess now under way, Republican members of Congress are starting to show up at Tea Party events and campaign rallies all over the country.

We saw last year during the fight for health reform that this is a time when the extremists run rampant. Remember "death panels?"

This year, Republicans are looking to have it both ways, trying to appeal to independent voters while making promises to the Tea Party crowd to pursue an extreme right-wing agenda if they regain control of Congress.

Who knows what's being said when the cameras aren't running? We don't -- but I sure wish we did.

That's where the "Accountability Project" comes in. It's a platform for citizens to document Republican candidates and their public statements at local events, as well as their campaign tactics.

The Accountability Project allows you to submit videos, recordings, and other items for publication online, so that candidates see that there's a cost to their dishonest statements -- and so that everyday citizens can see what their Republican candidates for office are saying.

We need people like you to take the lead. Sign up today to be a part of the Accountability Project here.

The American people deserve an honest debate -- and far too often, candidates try to make misleading attacks and false claims under the radar.

This project seeks to shine a light on those practices, and you have a crucial role to play in making it happen.

There are several ways in which folks can participate:

-- If you have anything that can record video -- from a cell phone to a video camera -- you can go to public events and record what candidates say.

-- If you receive any sort of mailings or literature from candidates, you can post them online for all to see.

-- And if you hear of any upcoming public events for Republican candidates in your area, you can let everyone know, so that other concerned citizens can get out there.

This project will enable folks to keep track of Republican candidates running for every office, up and down the ballot.

Please help fight back against Republicans' shadowy tactics -- participate in The Accountability Project:

http://my.democrats.org/APsignup

Thanks,

Shauna

Shauna Daly
    Research Director
    Democratic National Committee

Paid for and authorized by the Democratic National Committee, www.democrats.org.
    This communication is not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

Democratic National Committee, 430 S. Capitol St. SE, Washington, DC 20003

"When injustice become law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

xxxxxxxx --

Eighteen years ago, shortly after graduating from law school, I helped lead a voter registration campaign in Chicago that generated record turnout on Election Day.

That experience taught me one of the most important lessons I ever learned as a community organizer: When people promise that they'll do something -- like voting -- they are far more likely to do it.

That's why one key part of our Vote 2010 plan this year is to get folks like you from across the country to commit to vote, to make sure we get as many people as we can to cast their ballots this fall.

But getting the commitments we need starts with your own promise to make it to the polls and cast your ballot.

Will you please commit to vote in the 2010 elections?

Over the next 82 days, volunteers across the country will spend countless hours calling voters and knocking on their doors, asking them the same question.

And you can bet that I am counting on you to join them in talking to voters in your community.

This election offers a stark choice. We Democrats are hard at work trying to move America forward, repairing a decade of damage and growing an economy based on the Main Street values of hard work and responsibility.

We've fought for and won historic reforms to our health care system, a victory 100 years in the making, and to Wall Street, the most sweeping overhaul of the financial system since the Great Depression.

But after years of policies that landed us in the worst recession since the 1930's, the Republicans who got us there have not come up with anything different from the policies of George W. Bush.

We simply cannot afford to go backwards or let them repeal our reforms. And making sure we can continue moving forward starts with your own promise to cast your ballot in these elections.

Please commit to vote this fall:

http://my.democrats.org/Commitment

Thank you,

President Barack Obama

Paid for and authorized by the Democratic National Committee, www.democrats.org.
    This communication is not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

Democratic National Committee, 430 S. Capitol St. SE, Washington, DC 20003

Contributions or gifts to the Democratic National Committee are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes.
    [/code]
    All Countries have bordersÂ* and laws must be respected