DHS Local Emergency Planning Authority: national versus international

July 24, 2012 by ppjg

Gary Jacobucci/ppj contributor__________________________________________________ __________The following is the report given by Gary Jacobucci to the Elko County Commissioners on July 12, 2012 as an agenda item. The focus of the report is identifying the problem with the DHS Local Emergency planning Committee charter (LEPC); defining the problem; suggestions for solving the problem.
Description of Agenda Item: (need detailed information)

It’s been an interesting experience participating in the Elko County Local Emergency Planning Committee the last three years; an attendance inspired by going through the emergency response experience in the aftermath of the 6.0 earthquake just outside of Wells.I recently participated in a ‘Shelter in Place’ training that was given by Betsy Morse, the head of training for the Northern Nevada Red Cross. In a phone conversation with her a few days later, I mentioned that the Elko County Local Emergency Planning Committee refuses to discuss the needs of food, power and water in the meetings; saying that the Elko County Commissioners have only chartered LEPC to look at HAZMAT issues.She hesitated for a few seconds and then blurted out… “THAT’S CRAZY!”As this pretty much summarized my experience in LEPC the last three years, I said… “Thank you, I thought I was the only one that recognized this.”The last three years have been an exercise in trying to sort out what LEPC is, who created it, and why won’t they deal with needs other than HAZMAT.After attending the meetings for three years there, are some things that need sorting out…1) Food, power and water are not allowed discussion. The reason given is that these do not relate to HAZMAT and yet the DHS runs various exercises through LEPC which are often discussed in the following meeting; urban warfare / special weapons and tactical training where the various members of law enforcement dress in camo-gear, mass-vaccination exercises, school shooting exercises, weapons of mass destruction exercises, etc.2) No discussion of authority is welcome and is also shut down under the provision that LEPC is a Hazmat agency only and that if I think this is an issue, it needs to be addressed by the County Commissioners.As elections were taking place for new LEPC officers entering 2012, I expressed my concern that the Sheriff’s Dept. had decided to withdraw from participating in the local emergency planning committee. Although the Sherriff’s Dept. has since been asked by the commissions to rejoin LEPC, the fact that they choose not to participate should be a red flag to the County Commission.When expressing my feeling that the Sheriff should be in charge of emergency response, especially in regard to the issue of abuse of power, I was told that “It’s not the sheriff that’s in charge of emergency response, it’s the agencies.”The issue of the authority of the Sheriff / Constitution / States and civil rights versus the claimed authority of the DHS and the various agencies they are controlling is a hotly contested issue across the country.After a brief review of each, I’ll be making recommendations concerning water, power, food, authority, the DHS LEPC Charter and exercises.Respectfully submitted, Gary JacobucciReport to commissioners…
Authority: national versus international

In the agenda description, I referenced a few of the conflicts I’ve encountered in my three year participation in LEPC that need sorting out.The atmosphere in the Elko LEPC is in a word… stifling. There are a number of things that can’t be discussed; the reason given is that LEPC has been chartered by the County Commissioners to discuss HAZMAT related issues only.The issue here that dominates all others is authority. The issue of authority isn’t just the issue dominating local emergency planning, but is the biggest issue dominating our nation. Unfortunately, this is the elephant in the living room that not many want to take notice of, let alone discuss.There are clearly two powerful forces at work here; national and international. One is our national government; withthree branches of government, the Bill of Rights, Constitution, and self-determination. The other force at work here, masquerading as national authority, is the international system.In this short amount of time I’d like to point out what the problem is, the scope of the problem, and what we can do about it.
Defining the Problem

With the Dept. of Homeland Security thrown like a blanket over this country, defining local and national emergency planning and claiming authority over the 2.2 million first responders in this country, what are its true colors?In my suggested reading, I’ve included the Wikipedia entry on the Dept. of Homeland Security, which I’m hoping you had time to look at.A couple of highlights that need to be considered… “United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is a cabinet department of the United States federal government, created in response to the September 11 attacks. In fiscal year 2011 it was allocated a budget of $98.8 billion and spent, net, 66.4 billionThe creation of DHS constituted the most significant government reorganization since the Cold War, and the most substantial reorganization of federal agencies since the National Security Act of 1947, which placed the different military departments under a secretary of defense and created the National Security Council and Central Intelligence Agency.DHS also constitutes the most diverse merger of federal functions and responsibilities, incorporating 22 government agencies into a single organization.(A few of those listed are the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Federal Emergency Management Agency, National Communications System, U.S. Secret Service.)Of the Office of Homeland Security, that created the Dept. of Homeland Security, it says… “The mission of the Office will be to develop and coordinate the implementation of a comprehensive national strategy to secure the United States from terrorist threats or attacks. The Office will coordinate the executive branch’s efforts to detect, prepare for, prevent, protect against, respond to, and recover from terrorist attacks within the United States.”With more than 200,000 employees, DHS is the third largest Cabinet department, after the Departments of Defense and Veterans Affairs.Criticisms:… The Department of Homeland Security has been dogged by persistent criticism over excessive bureaucracy, waste, ineffectiveness and lack of transparency.… David Rittgers of the Cato Institute has noted a long line of fusion centers and Dept. of Homeland Security reports labeling broad swaths of the public as a threat to national security.And lastly under Employee morale the entry states…“In July 2006, the Office of Personnel Management conducted a survey of federal employees in all 36 federal agencies on job satisfaction and how they felt their respective agency was headed. DHS was last or near to last in every category.33rd on the talent management index35th on the leadership and knowledge management index36th on the job satisfaction index36th on the results-oriented performance culture indexThe low scores were attributed to major concerns about basic supervision, management and leadership within the agency. Examples from the survey reveal most concerns are about promotion and pay increase based on merit, dealing with poor performance, rewarding creativity and innovation, leadership generating high levels of motivation in the workforce, recognition for doing a good job, lack of satisfaction with various component policies and procedures and lack of information about what is going on with the organization.So, with the Dept. of Homeland Security stating over and over that their primary responsibility is protecting the United States of America and U.S. Territories from terrorists, how has this manifested locally?Apparently the first meeting I attended was a special meeting in that it was held in a small auditorium with about 50 people in attendance. In the meeting, the Committee Chairman handed us a Dept. of Homeland Security list of potential terrorist targets and asked if we saw anything missing from the list.Although I had just planned on observing and getting my bearing in this first meeting, and as no one was saying anything, I had to point out that there was no mention of public utilities or food; especially with the Dept. of Homeland Security’s own manual stating that the biggest concern in a national emergency was the transportation of essential goods and services.The meeting moved on to the announcement by a man, that I haven’t seen since, that the first of what has been an ongoing series of anti-terrorist exercises was going to take place. He said the date of the exercise was classified.Defining TerrorismEven the Community Emergency Response Training (CERT); that a recent article in the Elko Free Press pointed out was also created by the DHS, ends with a class on ‘terrorism’.So what defines a terrorist; that we are spending so much of our nation’s resources defending against and that dominates the direction of our local emergency response training?For years, the terrorists was defined by al Qaeda; Islamic extremists that hated our freedom and wanted to destroy our way of life. I’m not being sarcastic here; this is what the president told us after 9-11.This explanation began to come under question after national security advisor to 6 presidents, Zbigniew Brzezinski, bragged in two of his books that he was instrumental in creating al Qaeda as a database of mercenaries that could be employed, trained and armed as rebels to foment unrest in the Middle East.As Brzezinski states; the first of these was a CIA led operation in Afghanistan where al Qaeda mercenaries led by Osama Bin Laden were deployed to fight against the Russians in what Berezniki describes as a plan to embroil Russia in their own Vietnam.When questions arose recently after the announcement that the NATO alliance was arming and training al Qaeda forces to spearhead the invasion of Libya, the explanation given in the mainstream media was that this was the ‘good al Qaeda.”I can remember a reporter asking an old man what he thought of the revolution taking place in his county and him asking… “Who are these people, I’ve never seen them before?”Now the announcement is that these rebel forces have been moved from Libya into Syria.The International SystemThe key to understanding the war on terrorism is in the statement make by Henry Kissinger who served as National Security Advisor and Secretary of State under President Richard Nixon and, like Brzezinski, serves as a national security advisor to presidents. Known for his blunt statements and cutting to chase, Kissinger said at a May 31, 2007 international conference held in Istanbul, Turkey… “What we in America call terrorists are really groups of people that reject the international system.”The term “international system” is critical to understanding the current direction of national and local emergency planning in this country.Defining terrorist as domestic extremistsAs support in the U.S. for the international war on terrorism began to fade, and Secretary of the Dept. of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff under George W. Bush was replaced by Janet Napolitano, the threat of foreign terrorism was replaced by the threat of domestic extremist; homegrown terrorism.How does the Dept. of Homeland Security define this new face of terrorism to intelligence agencies, law enforcement and DHS employees?With the aid of DHS funding to the tune of $12 million dollars, the Dept. of Homeland Security launched the ‘The National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism at the University of Maryland.In its initial 2011 study titled Profiles of Perpetrators of Terrorism, the following characteristics are used to identify terrorists.- Americans who believe their “way of life” is under attack;- Americans who are “fiercely nationalistic (as opposed to universal and international in orientation)”;- People who consider themselves “anti-global” (presumably those who are wary of the loss of American sovereignty);- Americans who are “suspicious of centralized federal authority”;- Americans who are “reverent of individual liberty”;- People who “believe in conspiracy theories that involve grave threat to national sovereignty and/or personal liberty.”Their recent study titled Hot Spots of Terrorism and Other Crimes in the United States, 1970-2008, restates the characteristics of a terrorists from their first report and focuses on Americans who hold beliefs shared by the vast majority of conservatives and libertarians and puts them in the context of radical extremism.
DHS exercises in Elko County

During the last 3-years we’ve seen numerous paramilitary exercises conducted in the county with no resistance whatsoever. These exercises are conducted to reeducate and retrain.Here’s a front-page picture in the issue of the Elko Free Press showing members from the various branches of law enforcement dressed in gear similar to that of soldiers fighting in the Middle East and undergoing urban warfare drills / special weapons and tactical training. For the photo-op, a fuel tank was blown up in the back ground and the Free Press provides this description…Wendover, Utah – Explosions, scorched earth, the sound of rapid gunfire and guys running around in camo battle dress might make one think these men are getting ready for combat. But for the Elko Special Response Team and the other teams involved in SWAT Week, this training is necessary for peak performance in a world where the bad guys are getting wiser and more heavily armed every day.”The second exercise incidence is described as… “A college student, who’s a Muslim extremist group sympathizer gets into a situation on campus and is pursued by police officers. One of the officers is wounded and the man barricades himself into a home with a potential hostage.”To sort out, to determine the true colors of what is going on here, it important to grasp the scope of this. The following might appear abstract, but no practical local emergency planning can take place without the perspective and understanding of how the world really works.
Fusion = Centralized Control

Domestically, the fusion center is defined as… “A fusion center is an information sharing center, many of which were created under a joint project between the Department of Homeland Security and the US Department of Justice’s Office of Justice Programs between 2003 and 2007.They are designed to promote information sharing at the federal level between agencies such as the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Department of Justice, US Military, and state and local level government. As of July 2009, the Department of Homeland Security recognized at least seventy-two fusion centers. Fusion centers may also be affiliated with an Emergency Operations Center that responds in the event of a disaster.The fusion process is an overarching method of managing the flow of information and intelligence across levels and sectors of government to integrate information for analysis. That is, the process relies on the active involvement of state, local, tribal, and federal law enforcement agencies—and sometimes on non–law enforcement agencies (e.g., private sector) – to provide the input of raw information for intelligence analysis.”The largest of the 72 fusion centers is located in Denver and houses over 50 different agencies. When the spokesman for the Denver fusion center was asked the relationship of the centers to the Federal Government, he replied… “The Federal Government doesn’t manage the fusion centers.” When asked… “But they oversee them? replies… “No, they don’t.” When the reporter incredulously asks… “They don’t?” replies… “No.”This begs the question… Someone is managing the fusion centers, if not the national government, then who?This fusion concept has also been implemented globally. Shorty after 9-11, it was announced that there would be complete sharing of information between the CIA, Mossad and MI6.
Private Military Companies

Along with the Fusion Centers, we’ve seen the proliferation of private military companies operating with impunity throughout the U.S., training both nationals and foreign nationals as mercenaries under the banner of national security; while Sheriff Depts. trying to organize a local militia as an important aspect of emergency preparedness are viewed as of being extremists.One such private military company, International Charter Incorporated, has been operating outside of Wells for about 4 years now.
See Something, Say Something

The Dept. of Homeland Security’s ‘see something, say something’ program hasn’t worked out the way they envisioned. With every proclaimed terrorists event since Napolitano took office being exposed by whistleblowers inside the agencies, document leaks and civilian reporting showing these events tied to the activities of multiple intelligence agencies, even the New York Times had to cover this in their article Terrorist Plots, Helped Along by the F.B.I.The article begins… “The United States has been narrowly saved from lethal terrorist plots in recent years — or so it has seemed… all these dramas were facilitated by the F.B.I., whose undercover agents and informers posed as terrorists offering a dummy missile, fake C-4 explosives, a disarmed suicide vest and rudimentary training. Suspects naïvely played their parts until they were arrested.”When these operations are exposed, they are always presented as ‘sting operations’ and the FBI is always the patsy held responsible, when these are always shown to be interagency operations. The Dept. of Homeland Security is never mentioned.
Operation Fast and Furious

One such whistleblower was 24 year ATF veteran Vince Cefelu who blew the whistle when it was discovered that the weapon used in the death of a second border patrol agent linked directly back to Operation Fast and Furious.The investigation discovered that ATF, DEA and FBI agents working under the direction of the US Department of Justice, were illegally acquiring firearms through straw purchasers in border states like Arizona, and then intentionally flooding the black market around the Mexican border regions with thousands of illegal guns.A straw purchase is where a gun store owner raises the red flag of an unqualified buyer and the FBI tells the owner to sell the weapons to them anyway. Intelligence agencies have the ability to sell weapons of any type, to anyone, anywhere, so why go through U.S. gun dealers?What makes this operation even more odious is that the ATF later raided a gun store that the FBI had involved in one of these straw purchases, making them out to be an illegal arms dealer. The only thing saved the store owner, and made the charges go away, was the gun store owner producing a tape recording of the FBI directive.After U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder was shown to be lying to Congress in testifying that he didn’t know of the operation before the investigation, the Oversight and Government Reform Committee voted on a resolution of contempt against Attorney General Holder for withholding documents related to the ATF gunwalking scandal.In the midst of speculation that Fast and Furious could become this administrations ‘Watergate’, Holder was let off hours before the proceeding were scheduled to begin by a Presidential decree of ‘executive privilege’. ATF veteran Vince Cefelu was fired after exposing Operation Fast and Furious. Janet Napolitano claims no knowledge of the operation.So we have the U.S. Customs and Border Protection enfolded into the Dept. of Homeland Security and “A fusion center is an information sharing center, many of which were created under a joint project between the Department of Homeland Security and the US Department of Justice” and neither Holder nor Napolitano claiming any knowledge of the operation.
The War on Drugs

The war on drugs program isn’t doing too well either by national standards. After 9-11, Pat Tillman was lauded in the media for giving up his lucrative professional football career and enlisting to fight the war on terrorism as an Army Ranger. After saying that he was going to return to the United States and expose the corruption taking place in the Afghan opiate trade, which has been supplying the raw materials for 90% of the world’s heroin since the U.S. invasion, he was reported as killed by friendly fire. The medical examiner report stated that Tillman had been shot three times in the forehead at close range.After Tillman’s death, the outcry became loud enough that an explanation was demanded as to why U.S. troops were employed in guarding the Afghan poppy fields. This resulted in a television investigative report saying that not only were U.S. and British troops guarding the poppy fields, but that military and intelligence agencies were also supplying the fertilizer and transport. The explanation given… “If the Western alliance doesn’t get the money from the opiate trade, the Taliban will.”Headlines over the last few years… ‘High quality, low priced heroin is flooding Western European Market’; ‘Top-quality heroin floods U.S. as Afghan poppy trade grows – SFGate’; ‘Russia seeks U.S. help in fight against heroin epidemic – CNN’.
US military takes its orders from the UN

A controversy, and a major capitulation to the international system, recently arose in Congress when U.S. forces began operating in Libya and Syria without congressional approval. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta was called before Congress to explain.In the article US Takes Orders From UN Says Defense Secretary, the video of Panetta’s testimony before Congress is shown…“… According to Defense Secretary Leon Panetta the USA takes its orders from the UN and not the congress or the constitution. In the video above Panetta says that America would need legal permission from the UN to start a war but wouldn’t need one from the US congress. Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen. Martin Dempsey also said their authorization comes from the United Nations.”War is a RacketIn the Fall of 1967 I was drafted during the Vietnam War that resulted in 58,000 dead, over 153,000 wounded, 1,672 missing; as well as a mid-level estimate of 843,000 civilian deaths in both North and South Vietnam, a quarter million Nouth Vietnam soldiers dead and over a million deaths of North Vietnamese Army and Vietcong.As yellow ribbons were being placed on trees along 6th street in Elko a few years back, the story finally broke in the mainstream media that the Gulf of Tonkin incident was a staged event to sell America into another foreign war. This was written as a back page footnote in history and brought no reaction; apparently writing it off as ‘that was then, but this is now’.Misplaced patriotism bothers me, as does an educational system and media that does not relate the critical lessons of history that would provide for, as Eisenhower put it in his farewell address… “an alert and knowledgeable citizenry.”One of the military people I have great respect for is Major General USMC Smedley Butler. Butler retired after World War 1, the war that was sold to the American public as ‘the war to end all wars’. At the time of his retirement, he was the most highly decorated soldier in history.In his memoir he wrote… “For a great many years, as a soldier, I had a suspicion that war was a racket; not until I retired to civil life did I fully realize it. Now that I see the international war clouds gathering, as they are today, I must face it and speak out.…There are 40,000,000 men under arms in the world today, and our statesmen and diplomats have the temerity to say that war is not in the making. Hell’s bells! Are these 40,000,000 men being trained to be dancers?Yes, they are getting ready for another war. Why shouldn’t they? It pays high dividends. I spent 33 years in the Marines; most of my time being a high-class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer for capitalism.… My mental faculties remained in suspended animation while I obeyed the orders of the higher-ups. This is typical with everyone in the military.”An unlimited supply of moneyAs has often been stated, “The Federal Reserve isn’t federal and they have no reserves.” In fleshing out the picture of authority and true colors, it’s important to note that in 2006, the Federal Reserve announced they would stop reporting the M-3 money supply; the aggregate index of the money being created. Surprisingly, there was little reaction in congress to the Federal Reserve telling America we would no longer know how much money was being created in our name.As part of the banker bailout agreement a one-time, first time ever, partial audit of the Federal Reserve was allowed in 2010. The audit revealed that the Federal Reserve had created 18.2 trillion dollars that congress and the American people were not aware of.After retiring as Chairman of the Federal Reserve, Alan Greenspan was interviewed on the Lehrer News Hour after writing his book ‘The Age of Turbulence’. In the interview Greenspan is asked, “What should be the proper relationship between a chairman of the Fed and the President of the United States? Greenspan replies… “Well, first of all, the Federal Reserve is an independent agency, and that means, basically, that there is no other agency of government which can overrule actions that we take.”The simple reality here is that the Federal Reserve is not part of the national government, but is in fact a branch of the privately owned European Central Banks. This is another example of the international system masquerading as a legitimate national authority.One would think that an international criminal cartel of inbred hierarchical oligarchs being able to create any amount of dollars in secret, and hold the United States responsible for the dollars they create, might be seen as a threat to national security and of concern to the Dept. of Homeland Security… but no.Again, international power broker and miscreant, Henry Kissinger sums up the dynamic that been at work for hundreds of years… “Control the money, control the world.”With America’s tax revenue going to pay the interest on the national debt, where is all the money coming from to set up this para-military control grid in the U.S.?ConclusionThe discussion here has centered on authority; the national government versus the international system and has related a few of the factors to take into account when considering the true colors of the DHS that claims authority over emergency response and preparedness. Where do their loyalties lay? Which side of history are they operating on?I’ve also include an attachment on United Nations Agenda 21 that the last 4 presidents have signed us onto without congressional approval. This is the arm of the international system that is closing our roads and sectioning off areas in the county from use in the name of protecting endangered species.Another attachment is a few factors to consider on food, power and water when determining local emergency planning.And a final attachment is a shooting range story from Paul Craig Roberts that I find relevant to the discussion here.With the lying, deception, manipulation, sabotage, co-opting and covert operations described above, I can’t find one instance of the DHS supporting national security; but every instance of them aiding and abetting the overthrow of the national government while wrapping itself in the American flag. Am I referring to Sally Sue working for the Dept. of Homeland Security?… of course not. One of the registered complaints from employees is “lack of information about what is going on with the organization.”My biggest concern with the way DHS LEPC is current operating, with its strict limitation on discussion and an open door policy for anti-terrorist exercises (sic), is the clear effort to coop the civilian peace keeping agencies and reform them into paramilitary units aimed at controlling the civilian population. I see this as a clear and present danger to national security and entirely in line with the stated goals of the international system.There’s more to emergency preparedness and response than just following orders from what are perceived as ‘higher ups’, especially if those higher ups have not been vetted, or even considered.General Butler’s statement of “My mental faculties remained in suspended animation while I obeyed the orders of the higher-ups. This is typical with everyone in the military” should not apply to civil law enforcement. It’s one of our checks and balances on power that the civilian population controls the military, not the other way around.In the agenda description, I cited another issue that needs sorting out…“As elections were taking place for new LEPC officers entering 2012, I expressed my concern that the Sheriff’s Dept. had decided to withdraw from participating in the local emergency planning committee. Although the Sherriff’s Dept. has since been asked by the commissions to rejoin LEPC, the fact that they choose not to participate should be a red flag to the County Commission.When expressing my feeling that the Sheriff should be in charge of emergency response, especially in regard to the issue of abuse of power, I was told that “It’s not the sheriff that’s in charge of emergency response, it’s the agencies.”I support the newly elected sheriff’s decision not to participate in LEPC the way it is charter by the DHS.The Sheriff versus the agenciesHere I’m going to take some poetic license and use ‘Sheriff’ as symbolic of checks and balances on power, the Constitution, Bill of Rights and self-determination that are national government is founded upon; and ‘agencies’ as symbolic of the incursion of the international system seeking to overturn and displace national government.Let me begin by citing the legal precedent set in Mack vs. USA (1997)…On June 27, 1997 the Brady Bill was ruled to be unconstitutional by the U.S. Supreme Court. Judge Scalia delivered the decision of the court: “The Federal Government may neither issue directives requiring the states even to address particular problems, nor command the States’ officers, or those of their political subdivisions (meaning cities and counties), to administer or enforce a federal regulatory program… such commands are fundamentally incompatible with our constitutional system of dual sovereignty… Accordingly, the judgment of the Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit is reversed.”Sheriff Richard Mack, who initiated the law suit that overturned the Brady Bill, adds… “So if we are not subject to Federal direction and if, as this case says, the states are indeed sovereign, then that means that the Federal government is not our boss, they cannot tell us what to do, they cannot issue directives to the states – they cannot control our land, our water, our education, our health care, or anything else that they are trying to shove down our throats.”Legal precedents exist, but are being overturned by executive order and international treaty; and must be acted upon before they disappear into the dustbin of history.One of the many problems with agencies, which are presented as a never ending list of acronyms, is that the vast majority of the people employed by them will only parrot and defend the position of the agency that employs them.‘Not wanting to bite the hand that feeds you” (and your family) is a becoming an ever more powerful factor that is eroding self-determination.Other than myself, representing the Wells’ community, the Elko County Local Emergency Planning Committee consists of agency representatives. Many attend the meetings as part of their work day and show little interest in discussing emergency planning issues outside of their job requirements. The most vocal seem adamant on not questioning anything other than ‘questioning’ itself and seem perfectly content with the Dept. of Homeland Security’s charter, direction and authority. It seems very unnatural and stifling to not have any discussion other that Hazmat allowed, while the DHS exercises are allowed a free range of discussion.In the agenda description, I mentioned that “The issue of the authority of the Sheriff / Constitution / States and civil rights versus the claimed authority of the DHS and the various agencies they are controlling is a hotly contested issue across the country.” As an example, here is a discussion that took place earlier this month (June, 2012) between Marti Oakley; radio host and editor of PPJ Gazette, and Liz Bowen; editor of Pie N Politics.com and publicist for Support Rural America Sheriffs’ events…Marti Oakley: “I think the alarm bells are going off all over the county over the eradication of property rights – people are finding out they are paying for property they can’t use. The EPA or the Forestry or BLM is telling them… “You can’t even step on your own property, but you keep making the payments… It’s not legal.”Liz Bowen: “… Mr. Ronny Rardin, Chairman of the Otero County Commissioners in New Mexico claimed the state owned the Lincoln National Forest land, not the Federal Government, and told the Forestry Service they were going to cut down an acre of overgrown trees along the Trinity River as part of a fire remediation program in Otero County. The Forestry Service threatened that they were going to “have 50 swat members there and will arrest all of you.” A Congressman backed Rardin, saying he was going to be the first one to cut down a tree, as well as the Sheriff who told the Feds that if you arrest the Congressman and Commissioner, I will arrest you for kidnap.The Forestry Service backed down, but has now sued the County. This is what they wanted to have happen; the Federal government suing them, rather than them suing the government, and believe they have the Constitution on their side.Mr. Rardin said at a Sheriff’s gathering… “The difference is, the Forrest Service as a Federal Agency works under policy and regulation, and the Constitution works under law. We are working under the Constitution and under law.”Marti: “We have to stop looking at these Federal Agencies, as well as many state agencies, as the last word, the final authority. These people are violating our civil rights, our property rights and are often found to resorting to outright lying, manipulation and deception. These agencies and their agents cannot be allowed to just move unhindered through our communities. We have solutions; the problem is finding a judge that isn’t in somebody’s back pocket.”Liz Bowen: “To me, the biggest problem here is a court system. I believe something happened back in the 20’s and again in the 1040’s; if the court had not made these decisions against the people and private property we wouldn’t be having this problem.”Marti: “It changed again in 2002 under John Ashcroft where he sent out sentencing guidelines to each of the states. He had no business doing that; the states had no business complying with it… We now have people in prison for standing up to the Forestry, standing up against the EPA, standing up against the BLM; these people don’t belong in prison. He sent out all those sentencing guidelines because they had to protect us from terrorists… well, they are the terrorists. I talk with people from all over the country, and the thing they are afraid of is not a terrorist from some foreign country coming over here and tipping over a cow in one of our fields; we’re afraid of the government! People are afraid of government; local, state and federal. This is not right.… These people that push all this green environment stuff and scream and rail against water being used for farming and ranching, I’ve got news for you puddinheads; that’s the food on your table.”It’s my recommendation that the County Commissioners abandon the DHS LEPC charter as a first step in establishing comprehensive local community emergency preparedness. In light of this, the DHS Community Emergency Response Training also needs to be reformulated.I’d also suggest having a moratorium of the Dept. of Homeland Security exercises until such time as until such time as a local identity and direction can be established.Self-determination has never been easy, but without it we lose our sovereignty both locally and nationally.A final thoughtIt’s now historical record that Germany’s National Socialist Party (acronym: Nazi) was financed into power by wealthy industrialist in the West. It’s also historical record that the German Parliament Building was burned to the ground by the Nazis and blamed on the communists to gain the support of the German people.What followed was a period of lawlessness and terror. If a member of the SS coveted a person’s wife or possession, they could simply charge them with anything and that person would be ‘disappeared’. We don’t want that here. We don’t want our youth to be given the license to act that way ‘over there’ as soldiers.Shortly after 9-11, I listened to a question posed to an officer working inside the Pentagon, asking him what the atmosphere was like. He responded simply… “CYA” (cover your ass); meaning, keep your head down and support the official story.The U.S. based Council on Foreign Relations was established to recruit people of influence that would be supportive of the international system over national governance. Within the CFR, the Project For a New American Century was formed as a selected group that would serve as a think tank for the U.S. State Dept. and foreign policy.In Sept. 2000 they published the strategy paper titled Rebuilding America’s Defenses that strategized on how to embroil the world in a war with the Middle East and which nations would be targeted. Coincidently, the nations targeted were among the few remaining nations not under the control of the (privately owned) IMF and World Bank. Among the selected members of this elitist think tank were Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, Paul Wolfowitz, Richard Perle, William Kristol ; people that would go on to be the cheerleaders for the war on terrorism after 9-11.In strategizing on how to get Americans behind the war, they concluded that it would be a tough sell without “a catastrophic and catalyzing event, like a new Pearl Harbor.” We had our new Pearl Harbor, our shock and awe, and the world has been terrorized ever since.Emergency preparedness and response is 10% physical, 90% mental. We need to get over our naïveté and self absorption and look around to what is happening to our country and the world under the banner of fighting terrorism.Dick Cheney’s parting thought to America when leaving office was that “the next attack isn’t a matter of if, but when.” He would know. If we respond as naively to the next attack as we did to Oklahoma City and the 9-11 attacks, we will find ourselves as the footnote in some future history as another great experiment at ‘Republic’ and ‘liberty’.Respectfully submitted, Gary JacobucciSuggested viewing…9/11: Explosive Evidence – Experts Speak Outhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw-jzCfa4eQA Noble Lie: Oklahoma City 1995 (2011)http://viooz.eu/movies/1199-a-noble-lie-oklahoma-city-1995-2011.htmlAmendment #1Food, Power and WaterFoodI mentioned Betsy Morse, head of Red Cross training in Northern Nevada, in my agenda description. After attending the shelter in place training, I called her to make sure I had heard her correctly that the Northern Nevada Red Cross had no food storage, but has the money to purchase food when an emergency occurs. I found this conflicting in that, when bringing up the subject of food, power and water in a LEPC meeting, the local Red Cross rep, and committee secretary, said that we didn’t need to be concerned with food storage; that the Red Cross has that covered. This was before the committee chairman quickly reminded me that this was outside of the concerns of LEPC and should be brought up to the County Commissioners.The DHS manual I was given states that the biggest challenge in the event of a widespread national emergency is the transportation of essential goods and services.There was a time when the Federal Government thought it wise to have a 3-year supply of food for every man, woman and child in the U.S.; but those reserves have been sold off or given away. The food storage available to the civilian population is generally considered to be the food in people’s pantry and the food on the shelf at grocery stores.One example of what’s available for emergency food PrepareWise Emergency Foods in SLC. When purchased in bulk, the entrees run about a dollar a serving.Website: http://www.preparewise.com/shop/index.php/food-storage-1/long-term-food-storage.htmlThe main causes of food deterioration over time are oils, water, oxygen and light. PrepareWise removes the oil and water, uses a nitrogen flush to remove the oxygen, packages in a Mylar sheath and has an estimated shelf life of 25 years. They work with a chef and food engineer and have a variety of entrees available. If purchased in bulk, the cost is about a dollar a serving. Sample units are available.As the Federal Government has dropped the ball in the area of emergency food preparedness and storage for the civilian population, I hope the County Commissioners will give this some consideration.It’s my recommendation to the Wells City Council that they purchase the 6,480 serving package annually and begin recycling the packages through the family resource and senior centers when they reach the 20-year mark (or whatever is deemed practical).Water and PowerThere’s some synchronicity here. I was listening to a talk radio program while driving where the discussion went to the vulnerability of the power grid. In the discussion, it was mentioned that the greatest vulnerability to communities in a major attack on the power grid was the municipal water supply.That same day I was also told that our CDBG grant for a backup generator for our water wells was approved and that evening was made aware of a public access film titled ‘Take Back Your Power’.While the film project began our of concerns for the smart meter program, the larger issue that presented itself was the vulnerability of the smart grid that has joined the 3 U.S. power grids together and put them online to implement the smart meter program.In the words of former CIA director James Woolsey… “A so-called ‘Smart Grid’, that’s as vulnerable as what we’ve got, is not smart at all; it’s a really, really stupid grid.”Although the publically funded film is not completed yet, take time to watch the first 5:36 of an excerpt from the film featuring cyber security expert David Chalk on the vulnerability of the power grid to hacking…http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsccwnjFBUICyber defense expert David Chalk warns that our nation is in crisis… “The front door is open, and there is no lock to be had. There is not a power meter or device on the grid that is protected from hacking, if not already infected with some sort of Trojan horse than can cause it to be shut down, damaged or completely annihilated.We can’t take a massive outage all at once… When we say ‘it goes down,’ we’re talking about generators burning out. We’re talking about coal plants being damaged. We’re talking about destruction of equipment. This isn’t just a matter of electrons going around and shutting off the moving data.”And the article by David Chalk… Why should we be so concerned about the Power Grid?We had a power outage last summer in Wells due to a fire in Idaho. When word came that it was undetermined how long the power would be out for, we asked to borrow the large, portable generator from the City of Elko, which they kindly offered to deliver. The unit had two flat tires on the way from Elko to Wells and, upon arrival, didn’t have the power to start the well motor. Fortunately the power came back on before we ran out of water.A similar incident happened in Sothern Idaho where wind knocked out the power supply last month…Blurbs from various articles read… “Twin Falls: At about 10 p.m. Monday, city public works officials received word that all four pumps at the Blue Lakes water supply station were down… The Blue Lakes station supplies most of the water to the city of Twin Falls. The station doesn’t have on-site backup generators, but two were brought in during the early morning hours… On Tuesday morning, City Manager Travis Rothweiler declared a state of emergency… this morning the city has shut down operations at major industrial businesses, including Glanbia and Con Agra, said city public information officer Joshua Palmer… Currently the station is putting out a maximum of 3,700 gallons per minute. Typically, the city is able to put out as much as 18,000 gallons per minute… The city of Twin Falls has declared a state of emergency after the windstorm knocked out power to the city’s primary water system, and is requesting restaurants not open. That request comes in addition to an earlier order telling residents not to irrigate.”The main agenda item in Elko County LEPC meeting during 2011 was supplying the information to the DHS on personnel, equipment, weaponry, etc from every law enforcement and emergency service agencies in the county in exchange for a 30K grant. As this process was going on, members were asked for suggestions on how to spend the grant. Suggestions ranged from detection equipment in the event of a mercury spill (estimated at 90K) to a special weapons and tactical training facility.After explaining our situation in Wells of having only one transmission line into the community, and the need for a back up generator for our municipal water system, I was informed by the LEPC secretary that the DHS doesn’t do generators. After bringing this idea back to Wells, the City Manager called the state DHS rep with the idea of getting a grant directly from DHS and was told the same thing; the DHS doesn’t do generators.With our community funding still tied up in rebuilding from the 2008 earthquake, we applied for a CDBG grant and have received the tentative funding for a 350KW generator. We are awaiting the review of the required environmental impact assessment before it goes to the governor for approval and signature in early August.It’s my recommendation that the County Commissioners assess the needs of critical emergency backup power for the individual communities in Elko County and do what they can to facilitate the solutions.Attachment #2United Nations Agenda 21Agenda 21 was unveiled in 1992 during the United Nations Conference on Environment and Development (UNCED), commonly known as the Rio Earth Summit, where more than 178 nations adopted Agenda 21, and pledged to evaluate progress made in implementing the plan every five years thereafter.President George H. W. Bush was the signatory for the United States.Although Congress never authorized the implementation of Agenda 21, in 1993 President Bill Clinton established, by Executive Order, the President’s Council on Sustainable Development (PCSD) for the purpose of implementing Agenda 21 in the United States.One of the primary goals of United Nations Agenda 21, that the United States has signed onto without the approval of Congress, is the removal of people from rural areas into compacted, more controllable living areas.If you watched the excerpts from the Santa Cruz Conference on Sustainability I included in the agenda reading / viewing materials, you would have seenThe Wildlands Project and UN Convention on Biological Diversity Plan to Restore Biodiversity in the United States map which shows the radical reduction in living area allowed to U.S. citizenry that will be allowed. Over the last couple of years, we’ve seen the Wildlands Project lobbying heavily for the removal of America’s hydroelectric dams.http://www.magic-city-news.com/textfiles/sd-guide.pdfHistorical note:
The origins of Agenda 21 go back to the international Club of Rome, one of the premier think tanks for the implementation of globalization.The first big push forward with this agenda was in 1972, the year that the Club of Rome published a white paper document titled The Limits to Growth.One description reads: “The ‘Limits of Growth’ is considered to be the most successful environmental publication ever produced and propelled the Club of Rome to its current position of an environmental thought-leader and a major consultant to the United Nations. It has been translated into more than forty languages and sold more than 30 million copies. Throughout the 1970s and 80s the concept that humanity was irreparably damaging the earth gained popularity and facilitated the formation of mainstream and activist environmental groups.”Twenty years after the ‘Limits to Growth’, the Club of Rome published another major report that became an instant best-seller. In The First Global Revolution. they write…“It would seem that humans need a common motivation, namely a common adversary, to organize and act together in the vacuum; such a motivation must be found to bring the divided nations together to face an outside enemy, either a real one or else one invented for the purpose.
New enemies therefore have to be identified. New strategies imagined, new weapons devised.
In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine and the like would fit the bill. All these dangers are caused by human intervention, and it is only through changed attitudes and behaviour that they can be overcome. The real enemy then, is humanity itself…”
The 4th World Wilderness Congress that was set up by London’s Edmund de Rothschild and held in Denver, Colorado in September of 1987 was considered a pivotal gathering and attended by powerful banking interests.Canadian billionaire and Rockefeller / Rothschild agent Maurice Strong. who has been placed at the forefront of various United Nations Environmental programs, gave the keynote address. In his address to this conference, Strong stated the message they want to sell…“Isn’t the only hope for the planet that the industrialized civilizations collapse? Isn’t it our responsibility to bring that about?”One would assume this type of agenda and message would be seen as a clear and present danger, but instead it appears that the more treasonous the gathering, and the more destructive the message, the greater the security provided for them.Amendment #3Shooting Range StoryExcerpted from a 2011 interview with Paul Craig Roberts (father of Reaganomics and former Sec. of the Treasury under Ronald Reagan)…“At a gun club, in which I’m a member, we shoot at paper targets. The police are allowed to use it as a courtesy, and the local county police – as are others.On some days there will be 25, 35, 40 squad carsand scores of officers – they’re heavily armed and it sound like a war.They must shoot up thousands of dollars of ammunition.I’ve gone there when they’ve been there 3 days in a row blasting away.I stopped and asked them once… “What are you doing, are you practicing for some type of competition – do you have some big tournament coming up?They said… “Oh no, we’re practicing to win the shoot out.”The shoot out? This was a small mountain town.I asked, “Who are you going to have the shoot out with?”He said… “The terrorists.”Well who are the terrorists?…There would clearly never be any in that local.I think they’re just preparing to put down any kind of public opposition or protests that might arise and I think that’s why the police are being militarized.They’re now being equipped by the Dept. of Defense with military weapons.Some jurisdictions, apparently, now even have helicopter gun ships and tanks – and they’ve got rocket propelled grenades.It’s an amazing array of weapons for police, which are essentially supposed to be an investigative force to solve crimes and make a case against whoever committed the crime and present it to the prosecutor.That’s what the police are supposed to do, but they’re becoming like an occupation force and they tell you they’re undergoing military training with military weapons.This is an enormous departure from the role of the police in the United States, or in any democracy.”

DHS Local Emergency Planning Authority: national versus international « The PPJ Gazette