Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dyehard39
    Quote Originally Posted by Neese
    Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. I thought that his Father was Muslim. If I understand the Muslim religion, if you are born Muslim, you cannot leave it, which would make Barack Hussein Obama a Muslim by default. I believe that he also attended Muslim school as a child. I don't know about you, but I don't want to take the chance. The man has little experience, and except for the fact that he cleans up nicely and speaks well, is not reason enough to elect him. Not worth the risk.
    HE WAS NOT RAISED BY HIS FATHER, BUT HIS MOTHER AND STEPFATHER.
    His stepfather was an Indonesian Muslim.

Re: Do we want a Muslim for President?

Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    http://www.insightmag.com/Media/MediaManager/Obama_2.htm

Issue Date: www.insightmag.com - Jan. 16-22, 2007, Posted On: 1/17/2007

[
    b]Hillary's team [/b]has questions about Obama's Muslim background
    HILLARY FEELS THREATENED BY OBAMA.
    [quote:1kgrsz3s]
    Are the American people ready for an elected president who was educated in a Madrassa as a young boy and has not been forthcoming about his Muslim heritage?
    HE WAS NOT EDUCATED IN A MADRASSA SCHOOL. IT WAS A PUBLIC SCHOOL IN INDONESIA. HE FATHER AND STEP-FATHER WAS MUSLIM AND WHAT DOES THAT MAKE HIM?

An investigation of Mr. Obama by political opponents within the Democratic Party has discovered that Mr. Obama was raised as a Muslim by his stepfather in Indonesia. Sources close to the background check, which has not yet been released, said Mr. Obama, 45, spent at least four years in a so-called Madrassa, or Muslim seminary, in Indonesia.
    WHEN HE WAS 5 YEARS OLD. HOW MANY OF US REMEMBER BEING 5 YEARS OLD.

"He was a Muslim, but he concealed it," the source said. "His opponents within the Democrats hope this will become a major issue in the campaign."
    WHEN WAS HE A MUSLIM?

Sources said the background check, conducted by researchers connected to Senator Clinton, disclosed details of Mr. Obama's Muslim past. The sources said the Clinton camp concluded the Illinois Democrat concealed his prior Muslim faith and education.
    WHE SHOULD HE BE JUDGED ON SOMETHING HE MAY HAVE BEEN AT 5 YEARS OLD. NO ONE ELSE IS.

"The background investigation will provide major ammunition to his opponents," the source said. "The idea is to show Obama as deceptive."

[quote:1kgrsz3s]The sources said the young Obama was given the name Hussein by his Muslim father, which the Illinois Democrat rarely uses in public.
    His father was black and came from Kenya. Mr. Obama’s mother, the daughter of a farmer, came from Wichita, Kansas. Mr. Obama's parents divorced when he was two years old. His father returned to Kenya.[/quote:1kgrsz3s]

OSAMA AND HUSSEIN IS AS COMMON AS JOHN AND BILL.

Later, Mr. Obama's mother married an Indonesian student and the family moved to Jakarta. Mr. Obama returned to Hawaii when he was 10 to live with his maternal grandparents.

Although the background check has not confirmed that the specific Madrassa Mr. Obama attended was espousing Wahhabism, the sources said his Democratic opponents believe this to be the case—and are seeking to prove it. The sources said the opponents are searching for evidence that Mr. Obama is still a Muslim or has ties to Islam.

Mr. Obama attends services at Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago’s South Side. However, he is not known to be a regular parishioner.
    "Obama's education began a life-long relationship with Islam as a faith and Muslims as a community," the source said. "This has been a relationship that contains numerous question marks."

The sources said Mr. Obama spent at least four years in a Muslim school in Indonesia. They said when Mr. Obama was 10, his mother and her second husband separated. She and her son returned to Hawaii.

"

In both of his autobiographies, Mr. Obama characterizes himself as a Christian—although he describes his upbringing as mostly secular.

In “The Audacity of Hope,” Mr. Obama says, "I was not raised in a religious household." He describes his mother as secular, but says she had copies of the Bible, the Koran and the Bhagavad Gita in their home.

Mr. Obama says his father was "raised a Muslim, but by the time he met my mother he was a confirmed atheist...." Mr. Obama also describes his father as largely absent from his life. He says his Indonesian stepfather was "skeptical" about religion and "saw religion as not particularly useful in the practical business of making one's way in the world ...."
    In the book, Mr. Obama briefly addresses his education in Indonesia. "During the five years that we would live with my stepfather in Indonesia, I was sent first to a neighborhood Catholic school and then to a predominantly Muslim school; in both cases, my mother was less concerned with me learning the catechism or puzzling out the meaning of the muezzin's call to evening prayer than she was with whether I was properly learning my multiplication tables."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

. They said Ms. Clinton has been angered by Mr. Obama's efforts to tap her supporters for donations.

In late 2006, when the Illinois senator demonstrated his intention to run for president, the Clinton campaign ordered a background check on Mr. Obama, the sources said. Earlier this week, Mr. Obama established an exploratory committee, the first step toward a formal race.
    [/quote:1kgrsz3s]

The people of Illinois who elected him as senator had no problem with his background.
    I agree with you that I would not want a Muslim president because he may impose Muslim law on the American people.
    But Obama is not a Muslim but a native born American of Christian religion. What can he impose on the American people that some people are afraid of? He is not a radical muslim.

Politicians are privledged by getting information that we may not get, and they have availability to resources and contacts that can be very deadly to us in the long run. He is quite popular with the Hollywood crowd, which is also well connected, and they have a lot of money. Let's face it, they are not the brightest of people, they have reckless amounts of money, and they are ill informed. He is a very personable man, if his intentions are not good, that can cause a lot of hardship to the American people.

Banned
    I don't think that it has been esteblished that Obama is a Christian just because he has commented that he was raised Christian. He admits to not being actively involved in the faith. Furthermore, the assertion that Obama's Muslim upbringing was confined to the age of five is misleading. He spent at least four years in a Muslim-indoctrinating Madrassa, which would have occurred well past the age of five and likely in his educationally formative years. As troubling as the fact of his Muslim background may be, his obvious attempts to obfuscate on the topic are more troubling.

While I do not hold anyone guilty of "corruption of blood," I think that Obama's religious values are a legitimate topic of discussion and one on which he has so far been less than forthcoming with details. I had rather ask the tough questions now than to end up with some guy as President who has a soft spot for the "kill the infidels" mentality of radical Islam.

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    I don't think that it has been esteblished that Obama is a Christian just because he has commented that he was raised Christian. He admits to not being actively involved in the faith. Furthermore, the assertion that Obama's Muslim upbringing was confined to the age of five is misleading. He spent at least four years in a Muslim-indoctrinating Madrassa, which would have occurred well past the age of five and likely in his edicationally formative years. As troubling as the fact of his Muslim background may be, his obvious attempts to obfuscate on the topic are more troubling.

While I do not hold anyone guilty of "corruption of blood," I think that Obama's religious values are a legitimate topic of discussion and one on which he has so far been less than forthcoming with details. I had rather ask the tough questions now than to end up with some guy as President who has a soft spot for the "kill the infidels" mentality of radical Islam.
    A 'muslim man' married to an infidel woman would never allow his children {step or otherwise living under his roof} to be raised other than muslim.

Muslim men have been marrying infidel woman for decades for the purpose of gaining children from the West. America has a very serious problem - and has for years - of American children being wisked away back to the father's islamic nation of birth by the fathers. Our justice department has had little effect or given little help to the American mothers desperately trying to locate and bring their children home.

Let's get real here.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    I don't think that it has been esteblished that Obama is a Christian just because he has commented that he was raised Christian. He admits to not being actively involved in the faith. Furthermore, the assertion that Obama's Muslim upbringing was confined to the age of five is misleading. He spent at least four years in a Muslim-indoctrinating Madrassa, which would have occurred well past the age of five and likely in his edicationally formative years. As troubling as the fact of his Muslim background may be, his obvious attempts to obfuscate on the topic are more troubling.

A 'muslim man' married to an infidel woman would never allow his children {step or otherwise living under his roof} to be raised other than muslim.

Muslim men have been marrying infidel woman for decades for the purpose of gaining children from the West. America has a very serious problem - and has for years - of American children being wisked away back to the father's islamic nation of birth by the fathers. Our justice department has had little effect or given little help to the American mothers desperately trying to locate and bring their children home.

Let's get real here.

That is an astute observation. It should be noted that Muslim indoctrination is meant to instill a sense of superiority that generally becomes so ingrained as to be irrepressible in later life. Not only do I not want a Muslim sitting in the Oval Office, I don't want someone in that office who is so much as sympathetic to the ideology of Islam.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234