Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Don't pump gas on May 15th

I recieved an email this morning:

In April 1997, there was a "gas out" conducted nationwide in protest of gas prices. Gasoline prices dropped 30 cents a gallon overnight.

On May 15th 2007, all internet users are to not go to a gas station in protest of high gas prices. Gas is now over $3.00 a gallon in most places.

There are 73,000,000+ American members currently on the internet network, and the average car takes about 30 to 50 dollars to fill up.

If all users did not go to the pump on the 15th, it would take $2,292,000,000 (2.29 BILLION) out of the oil companys pockets for just one day, so please do not go to the gas station on May 15th and lets try to put a dent in the oil industry for at least one day. If you agree (which I cant see why you wouldnt), repost this. ''Don't pump gas on May 15th"
    That's what I'm going to do. No gas pumping on the 15th of May.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

who can afford to fill up their tanks these days? I dont get gas on Mondays so no big deal. I used to email OPEC all of the time and tell them to stop being greedy until they blocked me.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

A day without driving or cutting down would be much more effective,
    its not when you fill up but how much you drive and how much gas you burn that effects the Oil companies bottom line.

Give them less money, burn less fuel, drive less. The day of the week you fill up maters not to big oil.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

vic

I don't believe this will do any good. Everyone will just buy their gas on the 14th and still drive on the 15th and the same amount of gas will be used. The only way to be effective would be to carpool or just not drive that day. I'm retired so I can stay home but others need to get to work.
    Government is not reason;it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master! George Washington

If you want to have an effect on gas prices, ride a train, motorcycle or bike to work. Carpool for even a couple of days each week. That would have more of an effect.
    We call things racism just to get attention.We reduce complicated problems to racism,not because it is racism, but because it works
    AlfredoGutierrez

We would need many more days of changing our driving habits and using less fuel. (as Jim states)
    One day's boycott isn't going to make a hill of beans worth of difference. It's a great idea, but it has little affect. Many people will just fill up on the 14th or the 16th, so again the oil companies win.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

OK, OK guys, I get the message--its was just a thought.