Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Duck boat victims include 9 from one family, ship's driver, tourists

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    There appears to be some confusion on the driver versus the Captain. For days it was reported as 2 separate individuals, now it appears the driver is the captain.
    On land he is a driver, on water he is a captain. They noted the jurisdiction problem that on land it is regulated by the DMV then when it goes in the water it is regulated by the Coast Guard!

LOL!! So, it appears there is supposed to be a Captain, who is one person, Kennett Scott McKee, and a driver, who is another person, Robert "Bob" Williams.
    Finally, one mystery solved!

Quote Originally Posted by jtdc View Post
    On land he is a driver, on water he is a captain. They noted the jurisdiction problem that on land it is regulated by the DMV then when it goes in the water it is regulated by the Coast Guard!
    Well, what he was exactly is still up in the air. A real live and living I might add, Captain Scott, has surfaced. Go figure.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well, what he was exactly is still up in the air. A real live and living I might add, Captain Scott, has surfaced. Go figure.
    what's still up in the air?

McKee Captained the Boat on the Water, But on Land it Was Driven by Another Employee Who Was One of the 17 Drowned, and his body has been found.
    You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything

Did the captain of the duck boat survive?

No. Robert "Bob" Williams, the driver of the duck boat, was one of the 17 people who died in the sinking. There was a total of 31 people on board.

Williams, who was known as "Captain Bob," was working with his wife, Judith, to establish a center to serve veterans and the homeless, even though he had never served in the military.

Williams had moved to the Branson area after working for years in building maintenance at the Rhode Island Public Transit Authority. He formerly worked as a chauffeur at Branson Limousine & Executive Charter Inc.
    https://www.indystar.com/story/news/...ily/816187002/

This is from Tia Coleman's hometown newspaper. Why would a driver be known as Captain Bob on Captain Scott's duck boat? I think there are some things still very much up in the air. Is it possible Captain Scott wasn't on the duck boat and for some reason Bob Williams as "piloting" the boat on that trip for some reason? Does that account for why so many early reports said the Captain drowned only to be corrected later that the Captain survived? I'm not going to worry about it any more, I'm going to wait for the NTSB and other investigative reports.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Teen Girl Says Duck-Boat Captain Was 'Freaking Out'

By Neal Colgrass, Newser Staff
    Posted Jul 22, 2018 9:40 AM CDT

(Newser) – A teenager on the Missouri duck boat was apparently "freaking out" when it sank because the captain was doing the same. "She's sad—very sad," Mandi Keller of Texas says about her 15-year-old daughter Gillian, per the Kansas City Star. Gillian was with her father on the boat that sank Thursday near Branson, Missouri, killing 17 people in a sudden storm; Gillian and her dad were among the 14 survivors. "Gillian said the captain was freaking out," says Keller. "She said, 'I was freaking out because he was freaking out.'" Apparently the windows were sealed and the canopy closed, trapping everyone inside until the captain realized it and released the boat canopy. "She said the thought popped in her head, 'I'm not dying today,' and the top came off, and she said, 'It was so hard to get out of the boat, Mom. It was so hard to get out of the boat.'" For more on the sinking:

Private inspector Steve Paul says he told the Missouri duck-boat company about design flaws in their boats that increase risks in a sinking scenario—like the boats' canopies, CBS News reports. "That canopy becomes what I'll call a people catcher, and people can't get out from under that canopy," says Paul.

Another risk: In rough weather, water can get into the exhaust and stop the motor, disabling its pump from getting water out of the hull. "If you watch that video, that water is definitely being slammed up into that exhaust without a doubt," says Paul. He gave the duck-boat company a report in 2017, but wouldn't share it with reporters. "I'm sure eventually it will be subpoenaed," he says.

"I said, 'Lord, please, I've got to get to my babies. I've got to get to my babies," Tia Coleman said through tears at a news conference in Branson on Saturday, per CNN. But Coleman—who lost three children, her husband, and five other family members in the sinking—said none were wearing life jackets because the captain deemed them unnecessary. "I felt like, if I was able to get a life jacket I could have saved my babies because they could have at least floated up to the top and somebody could have grabbed them. And I wasn't able to do that." She bumped her head trying to leave the boat, possibly against the canopy, and let herself float as she gave up hope—but floated all the way to the surface. "God must have something for me because there's no way I should be here."

http://www.newser.com/story/262277/d...aking-out.html

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910