Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Duck boat victims include 9 from one family, ship's driver, tourists

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What if the driver jumped ship much earlier? He could be a mile from the sinking site. He might have even swam to shore and be laying there struggling for help or walked away and doesn't want anyone to know. Maybe that's how the Captain survived, too. There was confusion early on about the Captain being the driver and drowned, but the Captain didn't drown. I guess the Captain was one of the smart ones who knew what to do. Eh? Grab a vest, snap open a window, and jump ship as soon as it starts taking on water. No interviews with him yet. No pictures or anything of him. Interesting.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    What if the driver jumped ship much earlier? He could be a mile from the sinking site. He might have even swam to shore and be laying there struggling for help or walked away and doesn't want anyone to know. Maybe that's how the Captain survived, too. There was confusion early on about the Captain being the driver and drowned, but the Captain didn't drown. I guess the Captain was one of the smart ones who knew what to do. Eh? Grab a vest, snap open a window, and jump ship as soon as it starts taking on water. No interviews with him yet. No pictures or anything of him. Interesting.

WOW, grasping for straws now.

Judy, you want to sit on a sinking boat...that is your decision.
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

As of yesterday press conference with the head of the NSTB team and the Governor of Missouri, one of them said there was one body still not recovered, that of the driver. That was yesterday. There was a report about the 4 bodies recovered, that also said bringing the death count to 17, including the driver, that was obviously a mistake in grammar, the driver is one of the 17 death count, but his body was not one of the 4 recovered. that was clarified yesterday in the press conference.
    Update 11:40 a.m. EDT July 20: Stone County Sheriff Doug Rader said Friday morning that authorities recovered four more bodies after a duck boat capsized in southwest Missouri, KSMU reported, bringing the death toll from Thursday’s incident to 17.
    View image on Twitter

ksmu
    @ksmu

Update from Stone County Sheriff Doug Rader at 10:19 AM: the last four bodies have been recovered by divers from Table Rock Lake near Branson, bringing the death toll to 17. This concludes the search, and now the investigation begins.
    11:23 AM - Jul 20, 2018

You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything

As of yesterday press conference with the head of the NSTB team and the Governor of Missouri, one of them said there was one body still not recovered, that of the driver. That was yesterday. There was a report about the 4 bodies recovered, that also said bringing the death count to 17, including the driver, that was obviously a mistake in grammar, the driver is one of the 17 death count, but his body was not one of the 4 recovered. that was clarified yesterday in the press conference.
    Again could you provide a link?

Update from Stone County Sheriff Doug Rader at 10:19 AM: the last four bodies have been recovered by divers from Table Rock Lake near Branson, bringing the death toll to 17. This concludes the search, and now the investigation begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
    No they were not. A 5 minute video was taken, it was above water and taking on water.
    So being buffeted around on huge waves and high wind, you would jump out of the boat because you think it might sink? And if it didn't you would be the only one lost!

Quote Originally Posted by Beezer
    They had every opportunity to get out the window.

If your life is in danger you get out of a burning building.

Gunman comes in a store, you look for an exit.

Train goes off the tracks, you find a opening to get out.

If a boat is taking on water...YOU get off it.

Tragic accident, people chose not to abandon ship.
    Do you run into the fire in that burning building? Do you run at the gunman if he is in the only doorway? Do you jump off the moving train just in case it turns over? Do you jump ship when it first takes on water? I can't believe you are still alive.

WOW, grasping for straws now.

Judy, you want to sit on a sinking boat...that is your decision.
    No, not grasping at anything, just following your logic for the smart people who know what to do when you're on a lake in a boat when a storm comes up. My boat would have been in a cove on this lake, within a minute of the storm, we'd be off the boat drinking beer on land, waiting out the storm, not because we're afraid our boat is going to sink, but because of lightning, the same reason you get everyone out of a swimming pool the second it looks like rain.

I'm a trained Water Safety Instructor and former Lifeguard, no one in charge of others behaves the way this crew did, not with the weather report they're supposed to check before they take off from the dock with 31 people on board, not when the storm came up roaring along in the main channel the windiest and roughest part of the lake at risk of lightning and capsizing instead of immediately taking boat to the shore and getting these people of the boat onto land.

Captain lives, driver still to be located, interesting is all I got to say about THAT.

You want to blame a one year old child, other children, older people in their 70's, and other ages too, for their demise, that is your choice, Beezer dear. But that isn't going to fly. Just sayin' .... but go ahead, give it a go!
    Last edited by Judy; 07-24-2018 at 06:34 PM.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by stoptheinvaders View Post
    Again could you provide a link?

No, I'm not. I'm going to wait for the NSTB official report.l

OR DURING THE STORM???? He told her "do not put on a life jacket"...baloney, I do not believe it.
    So you are calling her a liar!

If is was NOT taking on water...then how did it sink? And another person said it was taking on water.

You want to sit on a boat with water coming in and up to your ankles then knees...so be it.
    They claim that 6 inches of water running over a highway can sweep a car away. Once a boat has water, maybe four to six inches high coming over the side as it floods the inside, you will be fighting the current to try to get out that window. Once enough water gets in so that current isn't overwhelming, that boat, with no flotation facilities will go down like a rock, with you still inside.

Everybody so quick to blame everybody else, blame the Duck boat. Accidents happen in boats, trains, planes, cars, at work...it's life.
    So you just accept your fate? They had weather reports, which they apparently ignored. They had safety warnings about their boats, which they chose to ignore. But you don't want them to be held responsible for any of their choices.

No, not grasping at anything, just following your logic for the smart people who know what to do when you're on a lake in a boat when a storm comes up. My boat would have been in a cove on this lake, within a minute of the storm, we'd be off the boat drinking beer on land, waiting out the storm, not because we're afraid our boat is going to sink, but because of lightning, the same reason you get everyone out of a swimming pool the second it looks like rain.

I'm a trained Water Safety Instructor and former Lifeguard, no one in charge of others behaves the way this crew did, not with the weather report they're supposed to check before they take off from the dock with 31 people on board, not when the storm came up roaring along in the main channel the windiest and roughest part of the lake at risk of lightning and capsizing instead of immediately taking boat to the shore and getting these people of the boat onto land.

Captain lives, driver still to be located, interesting is all I got to say about THAT.

You want to blame a one year old child, other children, older people in their 70's, and other ages too, for their demise, that is your choice, Beezer dear. But that isn't going to fly. Just sayin' .... but go ahead, give it a go!

WOW...now we go to the Duck boat driver to beach it and pass out the beers?

Just how did the crew "behave"?

Like I said, we have parents in their 80's, we would have put life vest on them the FIRST sign of trouble, AND got them out the window and then us. You want to sit there, go ahead.

Boats were nearby and would have picked us up.

I'll take my chances to get off the boat, TAKING ON WATER, so what if they may have "made it" to the dock. My choice.

Who said I blame a ONE YEAR OLD CHILD, you are making stuff up. IF I were the parent of a one year old child it is MY responsibility to grab a jacket and put it on my child.

JUST WHOSE RESPONSIBLITY IS THAT JUDY? THE WEATHER MAN, THE BOAT CAPTAIN, ME, THE GOVERNOR TO PUT A LIFE JACKET ON A ONE YEAR OLD OR 70 YEAR OLD?

THAT IS NOT GOING TO "FLY"...JUST SAYIN!

What else you got?
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

No, I'm not. I'm going to wait for the NSTB official report.l
    So are you saying this was all a lie? Stone County Sheriff Doug Rader at 10:19 AM: the last four bodies have been recovered by divers from Table Rock Lake near Branson, bringing the death toll to 17. This concludes the search, and now the investigation begins.

All I am asking for is a link to that press conference you mentioned.
    Last edited by stoptheinvaders; 07-24-2018 at 07:27 PM.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast