Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Duck boat victims include 9 from one family, ship's driver, tourists

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
    So, anybody prepared to get out of a burning vehicle or help someone else?

What would you do?

Did you know you can remove your headrest on your seat and use it to break glass?

Fine and dandy...do you know how HARD it is to take that headrest off?

I have a HAMMER in both my vehicles, on the passenger side, on the floor by the mat, that I can grab to get out OR help someone else get out of their car.
    This wasn't a burning vehicle! finding that hammer can be a waste of time, Just open the door and jump out. Now if the car rolled over on that door, a hammer or headrest is not going to help you there.

But what if your car slid into a river or lake? Basically you have to wait for the pressure to equalize. While the windows are closed you have an air pocket. You have air to breathe as the car slowly fills with water. And that air pocket will keep the car on the surface for a while, allowing others to possibly effect a rescue. The quick solution is to break a window and hold your breath as the water rushes in, much like in the Duckboat. When the water slows down you can swim out.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezer
    If anything, I hope this tragic accident makes people aware of their surroundings, how to save themselves in an emergency situation and think what to do and take action. Pay attention on the plane when they give instructions, pay attention to where the life jackets are, pay attention boarding a train. Up to you.
    And how many of these disasters have already made the news? Some will learn, but most others will think it would never happen to them. You speak of your experience on Duckboats and other rides. How many Duckboats have you been on when they sank? None? So you haven't been there yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    What if the driver jumped ship much earlier? He could be a mile from the sinking site. He might have even swam to shore and be laying there struggling for help or walked away and doesn't want anyone to know. Maybe that's how the Captain survived, too. There was confusion early on about the Captain being the driver and drowned, but the Captain didn't drown. I guess the Captain was one of the smart ones who knew what to do. Eh? Grab a vest, snap open a window, and jump ship as soon as it starts taking on water. No interviews with him yet. No pictures or anything of him. Interesting.
    Robert “Bob” Williams was the first victim identified in the “Ride the Ducks” tragedy at Table Rock Lake, near Branson, Missouri. According to CNN, Williams was the driver of the boat. He was 73 years old.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/07/robert-williams/
    You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything

What if the driver jumped ship much earlier? He could be a mile from the sinking site. He might have even swam to shore and be laying there struggling for help or walked away and doesn't want anyone to know.
    Bob Williams

Obituary Condolences Gallery Flowers

Bob Williams

Branson - Robert "Bob" Williams, age 73, of Branson, MO passed away July 19, 2018. A celebration of life will be held 10:00 am, Tuesday, July 24, 2018, at Faith Life Church in Branson, MO.

Published in the News-Leader on July 23, 2018

Listen to Obituary

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/news-leader/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=189659074

So what Judy and jtdc are saying is when you get on any boat you put a life jacket on and never take it off. Got it.

Every Ferry, personal watercraft, Duck boat, big cruise line...keep your life vest on at ALL times and sleep with it on the Carnival cruise.

Judy, you say you had a boat, was that your rules? You and your guests put on a jacket before you left shore and never take it off?

Judy, you say you are not responsible for putting a life jacket on your own one year old child or the elderly parent? Just WHOSE responsibility is that? Please clarify. Because a one year old cannot say, why did you NOT put one on me?

You say hey, if a storm picks up "we dock it" and pull out the beers. Got it.

jtdc...you EVER seen a Duck boat up close and personal? I have.

Finding a hammer a waste of time? I saw a Semi truck on FIRE on the opposite side of the freeway, we have steep grades here, their brakes are always smoking, but his cab was on fire underneath it. I called 911 immediately, they were dispatched. I would have broke glass and got that driver out of a burning cab. Break a window in a river with what? Your fist, your angry wit. LOL

People leave their kids and pets in hot cars. A hammer, no use? Ok, I will throw it away. Really?

Someone try to car jack me...a hammer no use...Ok, I will put a pool noodle in the passenger seat.

All these "disasters" make the news, you learn from it or you do not.
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

Quote Originally Posted by stoptheinvaders View Post
    Robert “Bob” Williams was the first victim identified in the “Ride the Ducks” tragedy at Table Rock Lake, near Branson, Missouri. According to CNN, Williams was the driver of the boat. He was 73 years old.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/07/robert-williams/
    Keep knocking yourself out.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
    So what Judy and jtdc are saying is when you get on any boat you put a life jacket on and never take it off. Got it.

Every Ferry, personal watercraft, Duck boat, big cruise line...keep your life vest on at ALL times and sleep with it on the Carnival cruise.

Judy, you say you had a boat, was that your rules? You and your guests put on a jacket before you left shore and never take it off?

Judy, you say you are not responsible for putting a life jacket on your own one year old child or the elderly parent? Just WHOSE responsibility is that? Please clarify. Because a one year old cannot say, why did you NOT put one on me?

jtdc...you EVER seen a Duck boat up close and personal? I have.

Finding a hammer a waste of time? I saw a Semi truck on FIRE on the opposite side of the freeway, we have steep grades here, their brakes are always smoking, but his cab was on fire underneath it. I called 911 immediately, they were dispatched. I would have broke glass and got that driver out of a burning cab. Break a window in a river with what? Your fist, your angry wit. LOL

People leave their kids and pets in hot cars. A hammer, no use? Ok, I will throw it away. Really?

Someone try to car jack me...a hammer no use...Ok, I will put a pool noodle in the passenger seat.

All these "disasters" make the news, you learn from it or you do not.
    What are you doing?

The life jacket crap is yours, Beezer, not mine. I'm not the one harping about life vests, you are. Why, I do not know. I've already said over and over that not wearing a life vest on a boat is not unusual, no one does, at least not on the lakes I've been on. You have them on the boat for an emergency or to water-ski, but no one wears them except to water-ski, and then some people do some don't, some need the buoyancy to get their ski or skis on, some don't, if the lake is busy you might wear one because you'll wear out treading water waiting for the boat to come circle back for you. I said in my world, no children are on the boats to begin with, too dangerous, not because you think the boat is going to sink, but because they mess with stuff they aren't supposed to touch, they drop things over the side and lose them, they spill stuff, they crawl all over and end up going over-board. The Duck Boats are different because they appear to be enclosed, but I wouldn't take kids onto a Duck Boat, I wouldn't even take them on a cruise ship. So lets be clear, my one year would NEVER be anywhere that they needed a LIFE JACKET for any reason.

Yes, immediately. You head straight across that lake to land, dock it on the shore, and pull out the beers. And, in a Duck Boat, that's so simple, because it's a water to land vehicle, so doing that is what it was actually designed to do!!
    Last edited by Judy; 07-24-2018 at 07:59 PM.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Keep knocking yourself out.
    Just trying to correct misinformation about the deceased.

Doesn't matter if that misinformation is Trump claiming the bodies from North Korea are on their way back today

or, if it is Judy claiming the deceased driver could have walked away.

LOL!! No, I'm saying as of yesterday the 23rd, the person they refer to as the "driver" was the only body not yet found, was presumed dead and in the body count, but body not yet actually recovered. Are you saying the Driver and Captain Bob are the same person? They've been saying all week the "Captain" survived, the driver presumed dead. If the driver and the Captain are the same person, then who is the other Ripley crew member who was on board? That's why I'm saying to you, knock yourself out. If you solve the mystery before the NSTB, please do let us know. Based on your reports, there was only 1 crew member from Ripley on board and he was 73 years old.

LOL!! No, I'm saying as of yesterday the 23rd, the person they refer to as the "driver" was the only body not yet found, was presumed dead and in the body count, but body not yet actually recovered. Are you saying the Driver and Captain Bob are the same person? They've been saying all week the "Captain" survived, the driver presumed dead. If the driver and the Captain are the same person, then who is the other Ripley crew member who was on board? That's why I'm saying to you, knock yourself out. If you solve the mystery before the NSTB, please do let us know. Based on your reports, there was only 1 crew member from Ripley on board and he was 73 years old.
    One more time.....

Update from Stone County Sheriff Doug Rader at 10:19 AM: the last four bodies have been recovered by divers from Table Rock Lake near Branson, bringing the death toll to 17. This concludes the search, and now the investigation begins.
    11:23 AM - Jul 20, 2018

What part of the last four bodies recovered by divers do you not understand?

My reports didn't say there was only 1 Ripley crew member on board----my reports were only to correct your misinformation that one body had not been found.

You haven't corrected that. Your report was 3 days before the statement made yesterday by the NSTB and the Governor and possibly the Sheriff too at the press briefing correcting that earlier report.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast