Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ellison to Muslims: Stand together

Now it begins!!!

http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/apps ... 1/61226001

Ellison to Muslims: Stand together
    The Associated Press

DEARBORN — The first Muslim elected to Congress returned to his home state and told fellow Muslims to observe their faith and work for justice.

“You can’t back down, you can’t chicken out, you can’t be afraid, you got to have faith in Allah, and you got to stand up and be a real Muslim,” Keith Ellison said Sunday night in this Detroit suburb, which is the center of Michigan’s Arab American community.

ADVERTISEMENT

He spoke at a convention of the Muslim American Society and the Islamic Circle of North America, attended by about 3,000 people, the Detroit Free Press reported.

Born in Detroit, Ellison converted to Islam while in college. He ran successfully as a Democratic candidate for a Minnesota U.S. House seat.

U.S. Rep. Virgil Goode, R-Va., drew widespread criticism when he challenged Ellison’s intention to take the oath of office on the Quran, rather than the Bible. Goode said more Muslims would be elected to office unless immigration was limited.
    Muslims can expect more attacks in the future, Ellison said Sunday.

“We’re going to continue to face them,” he said. “They’re not going to stop right away. But if you, and me too, stick together, if we believe in Allah ... if we turn to the Quran for guidance, we’ll find an answer to the questions we have. And we will find that we are an asset and a plus not only to our own community, but to this country, and to this whole world.”

Ellison said that Muslims can help the nation learn about justice and equal protection.

“Muslims, you’re up to bat right now,” he said. “How do you know that you were not brought right here to this place to learn how to make this world better? How do you know that Allah ... did not bring you here so that you could understand how to teach people what tolerance was, what justice was?

“How do you know that you’re not here to teach this country?”

“How do you know that you’re not here to teach this country?”
    What gall and arrogance. What kind of people elected this moron? Just what are the Muslims going to teach us?? Are they going to teach us that we are all infidels and need to be beheaded?? This country is disappearing right before our eyes!

“You can’t back down, you can’t chicken out, you can’t be afraid, you got to have faith in Allah, and you got to stand up and be a real Muslim,” Keith Ellison said
    Back down from WHAT?? Afraid of WHAT?? Chicken out of WHAT? The Jihad?????!! Is there anything else that applies here?????

Maybe I am a racist, I don't really know, however I do know I dont feel I need Muslims here to teach this country anything knew, what is it they feel the Americans, need them, the Muslims to teach them?How about they try to learn a little from us instead, about how to stand up when things are being done that are wrong such as the radical Muslims wanting to kell everyone that does not convert to what they preach, where are the "Good Muslims" at, who should be standing up and shouting the radicals down, where are they?I am sorry, I just havent seen to many Muslims standing up and teaching tolerance and justice for all!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Where is the Christian right? All the left whines about is how strong the Christians are, am i missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Lone_Patriot
    Where is the Christian right? All the left whines about is how strong the Christians are, am i missing something?
    I would guess they are afraid of being called racist? We are losing our country people, what does it take for us to stand up and say hell no, this ain't going to happen?

There's an old Celtic saying ellison that goes "pog mo thon".
    Who is this fool that thinks he will teach me anything ??????
    What kind of idiots do we have here in this country who would vote this adam henrey into office??
    Perhaps this fool needs to learn a few things of his own about what it means to be an American.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Perhaps we should all send him an email, telling him how his arrogance rubs his fellow Amercans the wrong way, the only thing he may possibly teach us is not to make the same mistake as his consitiuents made!

SCREW YOU, Ellison

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainDog
    There's an old Celtic saying ellison that goes "pog mo thon".
    LOL!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast