Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Eric Holder's Remark on America's Racism

Though this nation has proudly thought of itself as an ethnic melting pot, in things racial we have always been and continue to be, in too many ways, essentially a nation of cowards
    http://www.usdoj.gov/ag/speeches/2009/a ... 90218.html
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Yes, we seem to fall for the race card every time. Those days are numbered.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Exactly. One issue we choose not to talk about is the obvious division between class and race. Most Whites tend to live in the suburbs while most Blacks tend to be concentrated in poor urban areas. Yet most refuse to even mention this obvious fact. Why? Because we're cowards.

Yes, cowards because we would not stand up to race baiters and being loaded up with guilt everytime we turned around. Yes, for not ignoring crys of "racism", when we knew they were totally false and being reviled for standing up for this Nation and it's laws. Yes, we have been cowards to be bullied by every group and their agendas to "take" all they can and leave us sniviling. It's the LEFT, who cannot STOP talking about race. When we have forgotten all about skin color, they scream and yell and remind us our our "prejudices" such as Holder and his ilk.

The opposition to illegal immigration is not triggered mostly by race.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    The opposition to illegal immigration is not triggered mostly by race.
    You're right Richard, but racists will grasp any straws they can.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

WHAT more does Holder want? He's the AG of the freaking United States AND he's black. The president is 1/2 black. There's affirmative action, equal opportunity employment, BET, United Negro college fund, the congressional black caucus, the congressional Hispanic caucus, LULAC, MALDEF, Chicano Studies, Black History month, and more and more and MORE special little favors and niceties for anyone who is NOT white. If there's ANY discrimination going on in this country it's against WHITE AMERICANS.

I think the 'race' card went out the window the day B. Hussein Obama took the oath of office of the President of the United States. Find something else to gripe about.

I am white, as you can tell from my portrait, and many of my neighbors are black, white and asian. I really could care less about race as long as I can share your values and you share mine. One good friend of mine is black, another is of Mumbai, India heritage, another large-part Cherokee, and I still keep in touch with a friend whose parents came from Japan and were stuffed into detention camps in this country during WWII. When we get together over lunch or go rent a condo at the beach for a weekend, it isn't race we worry about.
    Holder's comment is beneath the dignity of an attorney general. That office does not need to bring up the cowardice of American people in discussing race. We have a few small problems that need to be taken care of like law enforcement of our illegals. That is not racism; that is enforcing the laws on the books.

His key statement seems to propose the following:

America prides itself as an ethnic melting pot.

People who talk about race are brave.

Americans don't talk about race.

Therefore, Americans are cowards.

Non sequiturs and sweeping generalizations....nice.

It is interesting that this AG appears to believe a people can be drawn together by dwelling consistently and explicitly on the qualities that separate people. Only by dividing us into groups, he seems to be saying, can we truly be brought together. Logical this is not, which may be why this sort of argument can't be reasoned with.
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

Quote Originally Posted by florgal
    WHAT more does Holder want? He's the AG of the freaking United States AND he's black. The president is 1/2 black. There's affirmative action, equal opportunity employment, BET, United Negro college fund, the congressional black caucus, the congressional Hispanic caucus, LULAC, MALDEF, Chicano Studies, Black History month, and more and more and MORE special little favors and niceties for anyone who is NOT white. If there's ANY discrimination going on in this country it's against WHITE AMERICANS.

I think the 'race' card went out the window the day B. Hussein Obama took the oath of office of the President of the United States. Find something else to gripe about.
    One would wonder why President Obama and AG Holder would feel this country still has issues with race relations. Plus , the President is 1/2 white so surely he hasn't experienced racism. And where are the blacks who will speak up about how they don't think racism is an issue today...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast