Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thHorseman
    Sounds phony to me, or at best, a misinterpretation of an agreement. Most eminent domain issues are state/local, and controlled at that level. The recent Supreme Court ruling on eminent domain used for acquiring private property by the state for third party development kicked the issue back to the states. Since then 43 states have modified state laws and/or constitutions to limit eminent domain seizures to actual use for the public good, pretty much ruling out commercial development. If the Feds did indeed grant eminent domain to China I believe it is un-constitutional for numerous reasons:

1. Conflicts with states rights, as noted above.
    2. The Constitution may grant the federal government authority to invoke eminent domain for the public good, but it does not grant the federal government the authority to grant eminent domain to anyone else. Moreover, if the Feds decided to invoke eminent domain itself, and then fork the property over to the Chinese, we would be back again to a Constitutional challenge as to the Feds authority and to the meaning of 'public good'.
    3. I believe the granting of US property, either Federal, State or Private, to a foreign government violates the property rights of citizens under the Constitution no matter what mechanism is used.
    4. If all else fails, each eminent domain case could be taken to court to ensure adequate compensation under the Constitution. If not, this violates the Constitution with regard to fair compensation. If taken to court, juries could set virtually any value they wanted, if a basis for that amount could be established.
    5. However, I would strongly support the Fed if they wanted to give California to the Chinese provided the Chinese also had to take Scwhartzneggar, Pelosi, Boxer, Feinstein, and the mayors of LA and San Francisco. And Al Franken.

Of course such a move would collide with states' rights and Constitutional issues, but don't overlook the fact that not only have states' rights and the Constitution been being shredded for quite a long time, but also that there is absolutely no respect for either from obama or his henchmen.

That being said........I'm not saying that I necessarily believe this story to be true, I'm just saying that we should not be surprised.

And remember......many times the most outrageous conduct of government has been carried out because that government knew the story would sound so outrageous to the public that it would almost certainly be disbelieved.

Perhaps the most infamous example of this would be the Holocaust.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I realize that there is no sound evidence as of yet that this is true. However, does anyone really believe that we would be told about it if, in fact, the story were true? Think about it.
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a burglar an uninvited house guest."

[quote="Disillusioned"]I realize that there is no sound evidence as of yet that this is true. However, does anyone really believe that we would be told about it if, in fact, the story were true? Think about it. [/quote]

Precisely.

IMO, we have entered a very dangerous state of mind when we begin to believe that certain things cannot possibly happen HERE because this is the US and "things like that" only happen in other places to other people.

Is anyone saying to take this at face value, believe it like it were the absolute truth, or is the point to be vigilant? I think it's the latter.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12