Gingrich Falls Asleep And Creates The Most Awkward Moment At The Big Conference About Israel
Jaywon Choe | 22 hours ago | 8,022 | 27
Video at link below

Newt Gingrich Sleeping

ABC
Oh man... this is just cringeworthy.

Just before Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich was set to make an appearance at the American Israel Public Affairs Committee conference via video-stream, ABC News caught the former Speaker of the House taking a quick nap.

Perhaps worn out by campaigning or just psyching himself up for his big speech, Gingrich is seen closing his eyes for a good minute.

That's not the bad part, though, and it's actually weirdly calming.

But then things go bad. After being introduced before AIPAC, Gingrich tells the audience: “I understand you have a panel. I look forward to any questions.”

Only thing is, there was no panel. Oops.

Twelve excruciating seconds later, the moderate gently reminds the speaker that there is no panel, to which Gingrich improvises: “Let me just say – I say this pretty briefly, I think. We need a fundamental reassessment of our entire understanding of the threat of radical Islam.”

Nice save... Sort of.

Watch:

Please follow Politics on Twitter and Facebook.
Follow Jaywon Choe on Twitter.

Read more: Gingrich Falls Asleep And Creates The Most Awkward Moment At The Big Conference About Israel

Gingrich Falls Asleep And Creates The Most Awkward Moment At The Big Conference About Israel