Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Girl finds missing dogs head in box on doorstep

[/quot Tools: Save | Print | E-mail | Most Popular
    Girl finds missing dog's head in box on doorstep
    POSTED: 2:21 p.m. EDT, March 15, 2007
    ST. PAUL, Minnesota (AP) -- A 17-year-old girl who spent weeks looking for her missing dog unwrapped a box left on her doorstep and found the pet's severed head inside, authorities said.

Homicide investigators were looking into the case because of the "implied" terroristic threat, St. Paul Police Sgt. Jim Gray said. The Humane Society of the United States said Wednesday it was offering a reward of up to $2,500 for information leading to an arrest and conviction.

"This was extraordinarily heinous," said Dale Bartlett, the Humane Society's deputy manager for animal cruelty issues. "I deal with hundreds and hundreds of cruelty cases each year. When I read about this case, it took my breath away. It's horrible."

After Crystal Brown's 4-year-old Australian shepherd mix, Chevy, wandered away last month, she put up "missing" posters in her neighborhood and went door to door looking for him. She called the St. Paul animal shelter and rode the bus there several times.

"I felt empty," Crystal told the Star Tribune of Minneapolis. "I couldn't talk to anyone. He was my dog. It was just me and him. ... I told him everything and he never shared any of my secrets."

Two weeks ago, a gift-wrapped box was left at the house Crystal shares with her grandmother. The box had batteries on top, and a note that said "Congratulations Crystal. This side up. Batteries included."

Crystal opened the box and found her dog's head inside. The box also contained Valentine's Day candy.

Crystal screamed when she saw her dog's face.

"She was just hysterical," said Crystal's grandmother, Shirley Brown. "She was screaming. She said, 'Grandma, it's my dog's head!'

"I said, 'no it can't be!"'

Authorities say the case is an isolated incident and the suspect likely knew the family. A motive is unclear.

"This was so cruel," Crystal said. "This is one sick, twisted person."

She now has a new puppy, another Australian shepherd. She's named it Diesel. "Hopefully, he'll be my best friend," Crystal said.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/15/dog.head.ap/index.html
    e]
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ruined my lunch
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I mean is it just me? I just don't remember people being so vile before. Maybe they were and just didn't report it much......but things aren't just bad.......they're brutal.

Banned
    come on Maaaaannn

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    I mean is it just me? I just don't remember people being so vile before. Maybe they were and just didn't report it much......but things aren't just bad.......they're brutal.
    Agreed. No remorse either.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Things which used to be horror fiction are now real life stories!

OH MAN! Does this piss off the mountain dog!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I won't tell you what I would do if I caught this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDog
    Me too. My dog got kidnapped in November. I basically put out an "amber alert" on him. He was in the paper and on TV, and his picture was plastered everywhere. I think whoever had him realized that he would not be able to be seen with him without someone recognizing the dog. My dog was returned to me at 3:00 am three days later. It was the longest three days I can remember.

I can't imagine this poor girl. Who would do something so senseless to a helpless animal? Sick people out there.[/img]
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDog

if caught, they should do the same to him as he did to the poor dog... only slower and more painful. they need to get thos pycho off the streets!

The dog in my avatar was poisoned by a druggie in Co. she was a highly trained search and rescue dog. I know this guy did it and talked to the police chief but we had no proof and I was warned not to do what I wanted to do, lucky for the druggie I moved from there a short time later.
    I heard later that his life turned into crap so that made me feel somewhat better.
    Bottom line is my dogs are my family and I will defend them all I can!
    I hope they can find out who did this and put him away for a very long time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast