Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Giuliani says gun control helped reduce NY crime

http://www3.whdh.com/news/articles/national/BO42897 -

Giuliani says gun control helped reduce N.Y. crime

SACRAMENTO -- Rudy Giuliani addressed a potentially troublesome issue with conservative voters, saying his policies as mayor to get handguns off the street helped reduce crime in New York.

"I used gun control as mayor," he said at a news conference Saturday during a swing through California. But "I understand the Second Amendment. I understand the right to bear arms."

He said what he did as mayor would have no effect on hunting.

Addressing another potential trouble spot with conservatives, Giuliani spoke in favor of a border fence, saying, "You have to have secure borders, you have to have a fence, and the fence I think has to be a highly technological one."

The nation needs to know, he said, who is coming into the country and why. But he provided scant details on how he would deal with illegal immigrants already in the country. Citizens, he added, should be able to read and write English.

Giuliani was to make an address Monday in Silicon Valley and he was to appear Tuesday at an agricultural fair in the Central Valley.

Asked when he would make a formal announcement that he is a candidate for the Republican nomination, Giuliani said: "Well, formally announce? I don't know."

He then alluded to making an announcement in multiple locations "so we get more attention" but provided no details.

(Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    "I used gun control as mayor," he said at a news conference Saturday during a swing through California. But "I understand the Second Amendment. I understand the right to bear arms."

He said what he did as mayor would have no effect on hunting.
    Well there is one helluva non-sequitur! What does this dipwad imagine that Amendment II has to do with hunting? The FFs were quite clear that the purpose of Amendment II was to provide the citizenry with the means to cast off an oppressive or tyrannical government and to provide for their personal and collective defense.

He can say whatever he wants but it has been proven that legally owned guns have prevented more crimes than they are used in. It's the criminals who don't care where the guns came from that use them in their crimes that cause the problems. The people who can legally own guns obey the law!

I'm all for gun control, three inch groups at fifty yards with an open sight.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's a bunch of BUNK and Giuliani knows it - PERIOD.

Banned
    This is probably what Rudy thinks we have a right to:

See them, right under the bear chin...