Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Gov Perry's HPV vaccination order angers pro-family group

Gov Perry's HPV vaccination order angers pro-family group

By Jim Brown
    AgapePress
    February 6, 2007

(AgapePress) -- A Texas pro-family group says Governor Rick Perry's executive order mandating HPV shots for schoolgirls entering sixth-grade not only usurps the authority of the State Legislature, but also the rights of parents. In addition, the American College of Pediatricians has recommended against the vaccine for young girls.

A conservative group in Texas is raising strong objections to Republican Governor Rick Perry's executive order mandating HPV shots for 11- and 12-year-old female students.

On Friday, Governor Perry signed an order that requires all Texas schoolgirls entering sixth grade to get Gardasil, Merck & Company's new vaccine against the Human Papilloma Virus, beginning in the fall of 2008. Perry says the vaccine gives Texas "an incredible opportunity to effectively target and prevent cervical cancer."

Perry's office contacted Texas Eagle Forum president Cathie Adams Wednesday and urged her to support the vaccination requirement, but she vowed to do everything in her power to defeat it. Adams explains her refusal. "He's replacing parents' rights with state's rights," she comments. "He's also usurping the authority of the State Legislature."

And there's more, says the Texas Eagle Forum leader. "We have a strong voice that has already said this is not a good vaccine for little girls," she says; "it's the American College of Pediatricians, who strongly opposes requiring students to have the HPV vaccine."

Adams also fears the governor's order will give young girls a false sense of security, because the vaccine will protect them from only four strains of the virus and will not protect them from other sexually transmitted diseases.

"I've spoken with a grandmother from Pennsylvania who 21 days after her granddaughter received this vaccine [the young girl] acquired an immune deficiency disorder and [started] bleeding under the skin," says Adams, pointing out the little girl's life is now at risk. "So this is not something that you can take lightly; a parent has got to know a lot of information."

Governor Perry, who in the past has received strong backing from conservatives because of his opposition to abortion and embryonic stem-cell research, says the cervical cancer vaccine is no different from the one that protects children against polio. But Adams notes there is no crisis, noting cervical cancer deaths in American women have dropped by 74 percent due to routine pap smears.

Copyright © 2007 AgapePress -- All rights reserved.
    http://www.gopusa.com/news/2007/februar ... cine.shtml
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Perry said he wouldn't 'back down'...He's big and bad on this issue...wonder why? Guardasil by Merck payoff?
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

They've got this same bill up in Illinois as well. I don't like anything forced on innocent children when there's so little known on this.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Actually, this wasn't a bill. It was a decree. That means that we could probably get the legislature to actually pass a bill making the vaccinations voluntary, as they should be.

HPV

The HPV vaccine is a CURE for certain cancers. To be effective, it must be given to girls at an early age. My wife is a registered nurse and we have paid for the HPV vaccine for my daughters. It was $130 per shot. She has researched this and wholly endorces it.

This vaccine eliminates cervical cancer, like a polio vaccine eliminates polio. It should be crimminal to NOT give these shots to our children.

I don't understand why any parent would refuse to give this vaccine to their daughter. IMO, it should be mandatory for all girls.

To believe a vacinne encourages sexual activity, is without merit. This vacinne will save lives.

Banned

Re: HPV

Quote Originally Posted by magyart
    The HPV vaccine is a CURE for certain cancers. To be effective, it must be given to girls at an early age. My wife is a registered nurse and we have paid for the HPV vaccine for my daughters. It was $130 per shot. She has researched this and wholly endorces it.

This vaccine eliminates cervical cancer, like a polio vaccine eliminates polio. It should be crimminal to NOT give these shots to our children.

I don't understand why any parent would refuse to give this vaccine to their daughter. IMO, it should be mandatory for all girls.

To believe a vacinne encourages sexual activity, is without merit. This vacinne will save lives.
    So, magyart, you don't believe this is a free country? Have we developed to the point that the state should determine what medications we MUST take? Holding true to your premise, what if the state told you that your kid had to take a mood-altering drug?

I'll explain my problem with vaccines, but since you have the wife who's the expert, I'll begin by asking a couple of questions.

Do you know what RNA exchange is?

Do you know what happens when you replicate a virus in a non-native host?

HPV

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    They've got this same bill up in Illinois as well. I don't like anything forced on innocent children when there's so little known on this.
    Believe me it has been well researched. My wife a registered nurse and manager at a healthcare company strongly endorses it. We are forced to give our kids several shots, inorder to keep them healthy. ( polio for one)
    This shot should be given to all girls. If you want additional information, about HPV, perhaps I can post it.

For anyone that has daughters, please consider getting them this shot.

(my wife and I do not work at any company or own stock in any company that would financially benefit from the selling of this vaccine.)

The government has no right to force parents to give their child any medication. I have extensively researched vaccines and my children have never and will never recieve any of them (I work in the medical field also).

Vaccinations aside, I do not want a nanny government.

Quote Originally Posted by dlm1968
    The government has no right to force parents to give their child any medication. I have extensively researched vaccines and my children have never and will never recieve any of them (I work in the medical field also).

Vaccinations aside, I do not want a nanny government.
    Call me crazy but I don't trust a "nanny government's " research.

After all, haven't we found, years after the fact {I can think of some devastating results} that research in many areas has been faulty at best?

FREEDOM OF CHOICE is part of the foundation of the US of A.

Banned
    Well, since magyart declined to answer my questions, I'll fill in the other readers interested in this topic. The secret that viral weapons researchers such as Robert Gallo have known since at least the mid-1960s is that there is a simple method for creating new viruses without having to get into the area of gene splicing. Gallo and his buddies discovered that when critical numbers of viruses are present in a system they begin a process of RNA exchange. This is particularly true in the case that a virus is foreign to the host (such as an equine virus somehow introduced into a human). Several factors, including composition of the protein shell, determine whether a virus may be able to replicate in a given host. When quantities of a given virus exist within an incompatible host, they begin exchanging RNA with other viruses in the system, and so may "jump" species. The resultant viruses are new strains, bearing hybrid traits.

It is believed that many illnesses in both humans and routinely vaccinated animals have been created by the vaccination process. Feline leukemia, for example, did not exist before vaccinations became routine. Similarly, RNA packets from ersine Scrapie have now turned up in various emerging viruses in other species. How does this happen?

If you know anything about how viruses for vaccines are raised, you know that they are cultured in incompatible hosts so as to avoid the need to infect a human being or other target species. When these foreign viruses are introduced into the incompatible host, the process of RNA exchange begins. Not only that, but vaccine manufacturers don't bother to screen most of the viruses from the host, given that they are presumed to be incmpatible with humans and therefore not a threat. But if we take into account RNA exchange, those viruses may well be creating new viral strains and types withing the body of the vaccinated subject.

The simple fact is that there is no way to know what new viruses have been or are being created by the process of vaccination when the vaccines have been produced in a different species. Viral researchers have understood that many cancers are caused by such hybrid viruses since the 1960s, but they didn't bother to go public with it until the fact finally leaked out in the wake of the AIDS epidemic. Beyond viruses, vaccines carry the risk of exchanging prions which can be every bit as deadly as viruses. Bovine spongiform encephalopathy (mad cow disease) and its human counterpart are caused by prions, for example.

When you allow someone to inject you with a vaccine, you are taking in a witch's brew of unknown viruses, prions, and chemical hazards such as the mercury-based preservatives used in many of the vaccines. Research from the consumer advocacy viewpoint is all but non-existent where vaccines are concerned, and the manufacturers along with the researchers on their and Pentagon's payrolls aren't willingly sharing what they know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast