Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Hidden Fascism and the Fake Politics of Left vs. Right

Hidden Fascism and the Fake Politics of Left vs. Right

Wall Street Oligarchy and American Empire

By Damon Vrabel
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Citibank’s recent announcement that it may require seven days notice prior to honoring withdrawals is just the latest small brushstroke on a much larger canvas being painted by the banking system and the US government. The broader picture is shocking for those watching as it comes into view. Americans must heed Martin Luther King’s warning, “today our very survival depends on our ability to stay awake.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    The best idea I can put forth to people is to pay with cash, and do not be in debt, this is the best you can do for yourselves.

We do, and you cannot believe the amount of flak we have gotten by so many for this. Go to a store to buy something large, and they automatically ask you if you want to put that on a credit card, or open an account? "No" we say, and then get the huge gaping mouth look....."oh, well, I am sure we can open an account for you, and then you could put that cash in the bank". No thanks. People act like you are nuts for paying with cash.

The other bit of advice is to be more self-sufficient. Garden, glean and put away, learn some skills and fix up what you have, trade for what you want, and buy used, as well as learning to work with your hands (woodworking, building, sewing, crocheting, etc...).

I was raised this way, simply because it was practical, but now it is becoming something of survival, and those who were so terribly domesticated, as to never having the get their hands dirty, dig dirt, build, pick produce for money, and really work, are now struggling in this economy, and it will get worse. Living in an old-fashioned manner keeps us as free as we can be in this world, and to be honest, are looked upon as being "weird" and also I have heard it being called "the fringes of society".

I am a woman, and if you need something made or done, I probably can do it. I honestly do not know too many in even my own generation (42) who cannot comprehend not just buying it. I have drawn up plans for sheds, chicken coops and garden beds (we have 11 in our small rental backyard in preperation for spring and summer).

People, take yourselves out of the "system", become self-sufficient and stop being led.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What a good post American Elizabeth! I wish my ex Mrs., Elizabeth thought like that! I never had a checking account or plastic until after we married, and I gave in after 2 years of pressure from her. But she was relentless. It was almost daily and we would get into lets just say very heated discussions on it. My main point and I should have stayed with it, was that I paid off her plastic 3 times in one year, then demanded every piece. She sat mouth agape as I took the shears to them, and then put them in a coffee can, took them in the yard, doused them in lighter fluid, and struck a match.

The point being, is after caving in to her, we went from a "+" situation in assets to a "_". And a year after that, she walked out as she didn't want to own up to the mess she instigated. Since then, I went back to the way I was raised. If you have the money for it, and you need it, go ahead and get it. If you don't have the money for it, either you don't need it, or save for it if you want it that badly. It works. It promotes frugal behavior, and teaches appreciation for what you do have. Just like Americans of the days passed. But then, she wigged out too when the microwave went on the frits. Oh my god! What are we gonna do!?!?!?!? I calmly replied, the same thing Americans have always done. Use the stove or build a fire in the outdoor cooking pit (grill).

I'm not too much older than you, so it is good to see someone in the same generation thinking the same.

I was the last of six kids, and both parents worked. In the summer, we were all set out to the local berry fields from 7am till about 1pm, our mother would drop us off, then pick us up on her lunch break.

They knew most of the farmers, and everything was rural, so trying to skip out or screw around was not possible. Kept us out of trouble, and we had spending money of our own, plus were expected to get our own "extras" for school (like beyond the basics required to wear).

We learned early on, if you want it, you have to work for it, NOTHING was ever just given to us. We learned to be creative and resourceful. We found that the local ladies loved to garden so we'd go down in the woods, find nice pieces of fallen logs/branches, and then plant small flora and fauna from the woods in crevices in the pieces, go up and have "garage sales", which were always a hit (maybe it was because they thought it was so nice and cute?).
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That's cool! Being in the city when I was young, was different. But I went and mowed lawns, delivered papers on my bike, shovelled snow in the winter. Stuff like that. Although on school vacations, I would go to my greatgrandparents up in the semi-rural area, and help them, and the other elderly neighbors they had.

Back when the oil embargo hit in 73, Dad was worried we wouldn't have enough money for gas and oil for the boat to go fishing, so all week, I used my grandaddy's spear, and got these big fish, and put them in a cooler, went to the little store at the end of the lane, with the cooler in my wagon, bought some ice for 25 cents, put the fish on ice and walked down to the public fishing area, and asked if people wanted freshly caught big fish. Sold 'em 10 fish in 10 minutes for what they thought was fair, and most everybody gave me 5 bucks a piece for them. Did that all week, and we gas money for the summer for fishing. Dad always chuckled about that one. Thought I was real ingenious with that one.

You have to be creative in life.

I have noticed, recently, that it seems people have lost their ability to think creatively, in order to survive without a lot of cash.

My kids, so far, have shown a very good ability to do just this. My oldest (now I am going to tell you this, don't faint, she is 27.....yes, I was YOUNG), my middle child (16 year old son) and youngest (12 year old daughter) all seem to have picked up on the idea that they will do almost any kind of work to earn some cash for what is needed. My main entrepeneur is my 16 year old son. Right now he is going to be taking finishing classes for homeschooling, and get his GED (we do not have a accredited program we worked under, a lot of homeschoolers finish this way), works part-time, but between that and his other means of earning money, his monthly income average is about $1000.00.

The twelve year old is just evolving into her own. She shows similar potential.

Don't feel bad. I too started young. My son just turned 25. A real go getter. He, at the age of 22 went from car detailer at the dealership bodyshop to parts manager as one more of his other responsibilities. They are having him do that as it is hlping him with business courses at the community college.

My daughter is actually up north of me here, and she will be 18 in a couple weeks. She was tickled pink when she found out she was going to be going to school close to papa. Yeah, she's a bigtime daddy's girl. She's a concert violist (a little bigger than the violin), but because of her IQ and math science and english skills, I'm hoping she will enter into biochemistry or something along those lines. But I don't impose myself on either of them. I let them choose what they want to do and be. If they ask about it, I will tell them that if they are comfortable with that, then do it. As long as it isn't something bad.