Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: HIV Crisis On The Texas-Mexico Border

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

HIV Crisis On The Texas-Mexico Border

Sad.

I still can't see videos...and there is no link on most of your videos.

But where is the CDC on shutting down the border due to the HIGH percentage of infectious diseases.

They must be a law covering that...that is NOT being enforced.

Having diseases is grounds for denial of asylum and entry into our country. I already posted that directive.
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Beezer View Post

But where is the CDC on shutting down the border due to the HIGH percentage of infectious diseases.

Having diseases is grounds for denial of asylum and entry into our country. I already posted that directive.

OBAMA ADMINISTRATION CHANGES RULE TO WELCOME IMMIGRANTS WITH STDS

5:42 PM 02/23/2016Alex Pfeiffer | White House Correspondent

410 99

The Obama administration will no longer ban immigrants with three sexually transmitted diseases and bacterial infections from entering the country, the Center for Immigration Studies noted.

The Department of Health and Human Services announced the rule Jan. 26, and it goes into effect on March 28.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, within HHS, decided to remove chancroid, granuloma inguinale, and lymphogranuloma venereum from the list of inadmissible diseases for an immigrant seeking to enter the country. The Obama administration estimates that the change would not cost more than $100 million.
    In President Barack Obama’s first year in office, the Department of Health and Human Services decided that HIV was no longer a “communicable disease of public health significance.”

This is significant as in 1993 Congress passed a law that stated: “Any alien who is determined (in accordance with regulations prescribed by the Secretary of Health and Human Services) to have a communicable disease of public health significance, which shall include infection with the etiologic agent for acquired immune deficiency syndrome [AIDS] … is inadmissible.”

Since that ruling, HHS estimates that anywhere from 1,073 to 6,409 HIV-infected aliens are given legal permanent residency every year. This estimate does not include those who have illegally crossed the border or overstayed their visas.
    “Potential for onward transmission of these infections to the U.S. population is deemed to be extremely low,” HHS wrote in announcing the rule change. “While we do not have country or region-specific rates for these diseases, our review of the literature supports the supposition that the potential introduction of additional cases into the United States by aliens is likely to have a negligible impact on the U.S. population.”

“These primarily tropical infections can be prevented through improved personal hygiene (11) and protected sex (use of a condom),” HHS continued. “New infections can be effectively treated and cured with a short, uncomplicated course of antibiotic therapy.”

HHS even argued that the change is positive, saying doctors, “will be able to devote more time and training to other, more common and/or more serious health issues.

The U.S. has the highest rate of HIV infection of any developed nation. More than 1.2 million people in this country are HIV positive.

In that same Jan. 26 ruling, the Obama administration changed tuberculosis testing requirements for aliens wishing to enter the country. Previously all applicants were subject to a chest x-ray, “and for whom the radiograph shows an abnormality suggestive of tuberculosis disease, shall be required to undergo additional testing for tuberculosis.”

The new rule change dropped the “shall” requirement, saying the applicants now “may be required” to get further testing for tuberculosis.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/23/obama-administration-changes-rule-to-welcome-immigrants-with-stds/

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Thanks MW

Obama has surely destroyed this country.

When is the government going to be sued to unseal his records!
    Last edited by Beezer; 06-22-2018 at 05:58 PM.

Update that "ratty sustem" Beezer!😝

I checked the interpreter for this board and it's running a little slow.

I see videos just fine.

Open source for the win?😂

There is a link to the video.
    Copy title paste into YouTube...

Quote Originally Posted by Boomslang View Post
    Update that "ratty sustem" Beezer!

I checked the interpreter for this board and it's running a little slow.

I see videos just fine.

Open source for the win?

There is a link to the video.
    Copy title paste into YouTube...

I used to see videos on here. Is it Internet Explorer? Or in my settings in my computer?

Argggghhhh!!!! These darn computers!

I used to see videos on here. Is it Internet Explorer? Or in my settings in my computer?

Please dump Internet Explorer as soon as you can!

I use IceCat which is much more secure. Install Opera too!

MW

I also cannot see the video posted in this thread and to my knowledge there is nothing wrong with my computer or settings. I can see other videos, even YouTube videos, fine. The one in this thread says, this video is unavailable.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    I also cannot see the video posted in this thread and to my knowledge there is nothing wrong with my computer or settings. I can see other videos, even YouTube videos, fine. The one in this thread says, this video is unavailable.

Today was the first time I saw the unavailable video...

Vice has deleted the video for some reason...

The PHP interpreter for this board wasn't sending back its info as fast as usual.
    Last edited by Boomslang; 06-24-2018 at 03:55 AM.

I think Vice is having some trouble...

The Latinx Drag Queens Spearheading HIV Activism on the Border

We went to a Texas border town battling a major HIV epidemic to meet the activists working to educate people about the virus.

VICE StaffJun 22 2018, 3:54pmBrownsville, Texas, a border town whose population is 90 percent Latino, is in the throes of a devastating HIV epidemic. Faced with a weak sex education program, stigma against homosexuality, and a low literacy around health, the city’s LGBTQ+ community is grappling with how to address the crisis. But a group of Latinx drag queens is hoping to change that, throwing regular “Drag Out HIV” balls to raise awareness about the virus in an accessible, nontraditional way.
    According to Paola Ramos, the host of our new series LATIN-X, it's a critical resource for the city and its Latinx population—a genderless word used to describe anyone in the Latino community who feels like they don't fit into one identity. On the premiere, Ramos went to Brownsville for a firsthand look at how the queens behind Drag Out HIV are taking on the crisis, and to talk with local people who are living with the virus.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/z...-on-the-border

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast